• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
So after my Free 10 Pull and Free 6 single pulls, I blew enough rubies on 10 10x Pulls...on the tenth I got H.Mature. Just now I got enough for my 11th 10x ruby Pull and got H.Angel!!!

Still want H.Kula!
Just did my 12th 10x ruby Pull...and just like every other time, all but one were souls/dupes. And the new one was H.Shermie. lol

In other news, the Guild Attack bonus is making a big difference for the Athena event!!

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I did it! Got 99% boost and auto'd my way to King's skill card.
Screenshot_20191030-182352.png

My thanks to all the K' supporters out there!

Blackage

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone explain the "Clear with 20 or less Hits" requirement? Does that mean finish the stage before I hit the boss 20 times? Does that simply mean I need to have someone with high enough CP to gimp the boss with support help?

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Can anyone explain the "Clear with 20 or less Hits" requirement? Does that mean finish the stage before I hit the boss 20 times? Does that simply mean I need to have someone with high enough CP to gimp the boss with support help?

Hits on you. If you get hit a few times and are wondering about how many you can press pause (upper left) and view the objectives which should say something like x/20. And for any wondering, it actually means less than 20 so if you clear with 20/20 then you miss out.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Congrats! Pretty sure he is considered a separate character so you need the Orochi Iori card. That being said, he still destroys without it so although it is nice to have you probably don't need it. The stat boost is nice but if you are looking to save gems, don't bother.

Thanks! It's what I figured. It looks cool af but I don't know about going for it. Probably not.

Johnjamin

Oct 28, 2017
Just started playing this, really enjoying it, what's the deal with guilds? any space in an ERA one?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So, I think I'll pass on the Halloween stuff as none of the characters are ones I really want, so looking ahead, once I get done with the story what's gonna be the best source of recurring gems to get? So that I can have plenty when a character I actually want pops up in events.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Powerleveled my king event grinding team purely so they can reliably auto the final battle. So i can just set it on auto and do work while grind is going on by itself.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I happened to pull Heidern '95 for my free daily regular fighter single pull, and then I pulled his Special card for my free daily regular battle card single pull

Why is my luck in this game only good when it's for shit I don't care about

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Good News: Managed to get Kula

Bad News: Got her from a pity summon

How is Halloween Shermie btw? I have '97 already so wasn't really invested in building her up if she's not as good.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Man, being able to have game grind itself while I work is a godsend for this king event. I am already 1/3 of the way through.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
How are the Christmas characters compared to the Halloween ones?

I've bombed on every Halloween pull I've done so it basically still a "new" banner to me.

I got Orochi Iori, K 99, and Kyo 95 so I'm pretty set for now on characters and can wait if Christmas characters are better.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I know she's not high on tier lists, and I don't use tier lists to determine how I play pretty much any game, but Kasumi is so much fun to use. Her initial attack is kind of slow but she can actually combo well and leads to some ugly juggles.

Blackage

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hits on you. If you get hit a few times and are wondering about how many you can press pause (upper left) and view the objectives which should say something like x/20. And for any wondering, it actually means less than 20 so if you clear with 20/20 then you miss out.

Thanks guys, the final boss of 96 hits for like 10x everytime he touches you, was drivin me nuts lol.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Blew about 4k gems to fill out my roster. I pretty much have 1 of every element maxed, but I was severely lacking on the rest of my team. Just pulled on the step up for that. Got 3 five stars and some souls for some of my four stars, so that helped solidify my teams.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Yo, Athena mission is hard as fuck. She is so incredibly tanky and just spams supers. It really doesn't help when my strongest heroes are red either.

Thanks guys, the final boss of 96 hits for like 10x everytime he touches you, was drivin me nuts lol.

Some tricks I found is use ally switching to continue your combo. It also allows you to rotate to a character with the emergency dodge available. Guarding helps a lot. Some bosses seem to have near permanent super armor towards the latter end of their health pool. I usually save support for these ones and spam projectiles.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So is there any way to get another ticket to get a guaranteed character out of the roster list? Just curious, as there's a couple of characters I'd love to get but the RNG is... well Gacha RNG.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Yo, Athena mission is hard as fuck. She is so incredibly tanky and just spams supers. It really doesn't help when my strongest heroes are red either.

Some tricks I found is use ally switching to continue your combo. It also allows you to rotate to a character with the emergency dodge available. Guarding helps a lot. Some bosses seem to have near permanent super armor towards the latter end of their health pool. I usually save support for these ones and spam projectiles.

Just level up and core a purple. I just used a ralf I had and he blew up athena hard just because he was purple.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017

Yup, Goat Nutz in particular you have to do a lot of dodging to avoid getting stuck in his stupid air swipe hits and losing that mission nearly by default. Usually the best case for any boss like this is to not use your Active Skills unless you know you'll be fine during their animation until completion, since you can't roll out of them like you can normal attacks.

Sakura Athena I handle the same way: be defensive until she attacks you, roll behind her, hit her with normals until you see her doing an attack with a red line and then roll behind her and use some skills. If you hit her with your super you will stun her for a bit, which is a good time to use skills and get all the hits in you can, because she'll usually start charging her super and then spam it for a bit until she goes back to her normal attack rotations. It's a slog but don't you dare try auto-battling her unless you have a super OP fighter that has the advantage against the element the game chooses.

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, my purple game is really lacking. :(
I guess I can do that freebie Kyo since I have so many souls for him I could level him pretty high with relative ease.

He isn't a bad unit to level up. I have both '95 and '96 Kyo and it works since one is blue and one is purple. I finally got the 3rd card of the occasional holiday set so now I can get tons of gold. Only thing holding it back from being really crazy is not having '95 and '98 King.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Athena's not auto able since she basically has super armor the whole fight, only thing that stuns her are super moves. She has a ton of HP so its not even like you can just load off on her. Plus you're dead if she gets you in a combo.

The secret with Athena is baiting out her reflector shield move which she almost always use after her does her uppercut move and her long distance fireball move cause its not safe to attack any other time, then when you have a super meter use it, go berserk on her cause her next move after being stunned is her super, so you have plenty of time to avoid that. A character with a long distance fireball to build meter goes a long way.

Oct 26, 2017
I decided to test my luck with two more Halloween x10 pulls. I did get two ultra rares out of it, but they were fighters I had already. Oh well--souls are nice, but that felt bad. My luck was all used up on the Step Up.

Now I'm gonna stockpile my rubies until the Christmas event, since I love the Christmas aesthetic more than Halloween's.

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
I can't figure out how to claim the 5 Million Downloads free tickets lol haven't gotten anything in my mailbox

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
All of those re-rolls for Orochi Iori and/or Halloween Kula/Angel.

I gotta say I hate how there's no AP overflow when you rank up. If you're at 100 stamina and rank up, you only get what your current maximum AP is (and lose the 100 you had).

Deleted member 5148

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
What Lv should I be before tackling story kof 98?

The game is telling me I'm under lv Im like level 36.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Welp. Blew 4k rubies on the FES Battle Card banner.

Got a bunch of stuff actually, sitting right around the halfway mark. Didn't get Iori's battle card but I did get Leona's in case I ever get her. Knew if I pulled one of their battle cards it'd be for the one I didn't have haha. Pretty sure I'll get the card by the end of the month so I'm not stressing. My roster is looking pretty tight at the moment so no real need for more characters.

Sitting on literally 1 ruby now lol

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing this a ton since the game released and having a blast. If there is space, I'd love to get into an Era Guild. I checked in game and saw KOFera is full but Kusoge had one slot open so I applied for it, Einbroch . My friend code is 4HVELV if anyone wants to add me.

Thus far I'm currently at Rank 58 and beat all of the story on Normal and am now working through 96 on Hard. I've pulled on the reroll banner (Shermie), used my Selector (Mai) and got lucky on a random free ticket for the Halloween banner (H. Kula). We get Purple Kyo 96, Blue Athena 96 and Yellow Terry 96 as freebies, but everything else I got from 16 pulls on the Orochi banner:

Purple
Halloween Kula
Shermie 97
Ryo 96
Kyo 96

Red
Mai 95
King 94
King 98
Ryo 95
Kyo 97

Green
Mature 96
Kensou 99
Goro 96
Lucky 98

Blue
Orochi Leona 97
Athena 96
Rugal 94
Heidern 94

Yellow
Terry 96
Chin 99

Shermie was my early carry but Mai has been my main since I grabbed her. Girl puts in that work with her super fast attack speed / low cooldowns and burn damage.

I may keep going on Orochi banner to try and get Iori. I need more Yellows and I know he's still considered one of the best in Japan.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Right now, I don't have a good Red fighter. I know K' and 95 Mai are the best you can get for Red fighters right now, but I don't particularly want them.

The next big event for this game is probably the Christmas event, and I found out that Christmas Yuri is a Red attack type fighter. I MUST OBTAIN IT.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Got it!

y6fotFD.png

Took a total of 72 summons or 4320 rubies. Definitely worth a shot within reason if you rerolled for Iori and have a stockpile. I think I overdid it a bit but having gone less than half of the pity bar (which is 150 summons) I made out pretty damn good. I feel like I can max him out eventually using the daily soul quests. Gonna take a while but I just gotta do those dailies and I'm good. Like I said before I got Leona's too if I ever manage to get her she has that ultimate waiting. Rerolling was kind of the easier part, this was the real hell since I was more or less locked in to this account now lol

Worth mentioning, if you're interested in summoning battle cards with rubies you're better off just doing single summons. Unlike the character banners there's no discount for doing a 10 summon.

Phew! Unfortunately, no currency for waifus now.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Goenitz is pissing me off. Doing 96 Hard and I keep getting him almost dead then he gets off one attack and I instantly lose the less than 15 hits mission.