• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
So basically

94 King
95 Mai
95 Yuri

What to choose?

King 94 is fantastic. She, along with K' are also part of the current King event bonus team meaning you get more points in her event when running them together. The event gets you some neat items and King's skill card. Outside of that you probably don't need her if you don't like her as you have K' on Red. If the choice is between King or Mai, just go with your heart. Otherwise Yuri to add some greens to your plate. I pulled Yuri yesterday but haven't leveled her yet so can't give feedback.

Also, for purple everyone recommends Shermie and I'm thinking I'll pick her up as well since her Leader Skill is so useful. I often pick her as support just for its perk.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
King 94 is fantastic. She, along with K' are also part of the current King event bonus team meaning you get more points in her event when running them together. The event gets you some neat items and King's skill card. Outside of that you probably don't need her if you don't like her as you have K' on Red. If the choice is between King or Mai, just go with your heart. Otherwise Yuri to add some greens to your plate. I pulled Yuri yesterday but haven't leveled her yet so can't give feedback.

Also, for purple everyone recommends Shermie and I'm thinking I'll pick her up as well since her Leader Skill is so useful. I often pick her as support just for its perk.

Yeah completely lost on Athena, King or a Green.

Does anyone know if the regular fighter and battle card banner ever improve. Got a ton of free pull tickets and I'm not sure whether to save them or used them now. If they never improve then there's no point to not used them now.

Oct 26, 2017
I finished up the Step Up, and used my selector ticket to get Maxima. This dude is an absolute unit in this game--stringing along his normal attack string into his specials is super satisfying, and he has a super armor mechanic that can be unlocked through his core section. As a fan of Maxima ever since KOF 99, he's awesome in this KOF mobile game. I also got Maxima's super through the battle card selector, since it occurs to me that King's super is available as the highest reward from the King event going on right now. It's gonna take a shitload of grinding, but I think I can do it.

I got nothing from the free Halloween drops, so I decided to splurge on that $10 store deal which gets you rubies+a Halloween 10 drop, essentially. I got two Halloween Kulas through that one ten drop. I'll take it!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Gold halloween ticket was a bust. Oh well. Getting a free Kula probably ate all my luck anyway.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Screenshot_2019-10-31-19-55-45-266_com.excelliance.multiaccounts.png

From free tickets. Not gonna say no to a free 5* and of element I otherwise have no coverage for.

Also, TheAceBokuto Sent request, feel free to kick out hlovr and add Kulapls

Brunire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It took a while but got him. Think it was the 10th reroll. Sheesh

DGOXKiG.png

Is it fair to say if I get a strong red (thinking Mai 95) I can just use those two for everything?

Oh and do I need to go for Iori's Orochi card or can I just use his normal version one on him?
Congrats! Pretty sure he is considered a separate character so you need the Orochi Iori card. That being said, he still destroys without it so although it is nice to have you probably don't need it. The stat boost is nice but if you are looking to save gems, don't bother.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
So...wtf. There was a livestream and they gave out a 500 ruby code...but it only lasted 2 hours. And apparently it was not working for a lot of people even if they did it within the time period.

How rare is Halloween mature?
Because I got one right away.

5% chance for a 5*, and each of the Halloween characters have an increased chance of .75%.

Let's just say that I am seeing people on the subreddit getting their first Halloween character from the pity counter. Also, I think it took Hentailover nearly that many pulls to get the one he wants.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So...wtf. There was a livestream and they gave out a 500 ruby code...but it only lasted 2 hours. And apparently it was not working for a lot of people even if they did it within the time period.

5% chance for a 5*, and each of the Halloween characters have an increased chance of .75%.

Let's just say that I am seeing people on the subreddit getting their first Halloween character from the pity counter. Also, I think it took Hentailover nearly that many pulls to get the one he wants.

Damn, that makes me feel super lucky:

iZFsao9.jpg

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
BTW, I have a question.

I somehow got extra Mai's special card. I know one is free from growths stuff. But I am just only reaching that reward. Yet I already have one of her cards. I didn't get it from gacha or anything like that. And I didn't have extra mai card on my first account either. I can't figure out where it came from.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Man... drops have completely dried up for me. Several Halloween pulls have given me jack shit, just 10 characters I already have :( Kinda killing any incentive for me to bother continuining to play. When guys like Eiji are eventually added, is it gonna be this impossible to get him as well?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious for how many people here that this is their first gacha game, as I'm seeing a lot of people feeling "unlucky".

You are not supposed to pull on every banner if you're free to play. You may even have to skip 3-4 banners in a row if you're really gunning for someone. That's how these games work. You either get super lucky, or whale and go for the pity break on every banner if you want most of the characters, or you sit back and wait for someone you really, really want. I really want Christmas Yuri, so I am not pulling AT ALL until that banner drops. Although we get a lot of free gems from the Normal difficulty story, we still have Hard and Extreme to go through, plus all the events and login rewards, livestream coupons, etc...this game seems incredibly F2P friendly if you're patient. Or you can spend $10 and get thirty free pulls a month on top of your thirty free daily pulls.

Game seems REALLY friendly to people who don't want to spend or just want to spend a little. Patience is the key in all gacha games. Or whaling.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
I'm curious for how many people here that this is their first gacha game, as I'm seeing a lot of people feeling "unlucky".

Game seems REALLY friendly to people who don't want to spend or just want to spend a little. Patience is the key in all gacha games. Or whaling.

Oh I've been playing for over 4 years. But like. Just yetserday I got Calamity Jane and Space Ishtar both within 5 tickets. Being EX-luck in some other games kinda makes you forget the gacha pain at times.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017

You are not supposed to pull on every banner if you're free to play. You may even have to skip 3-4 banners in a row if you're really gunning for someone. That's how these games work. You either get super lucky, or whale and go for the pity break on every banner if you want most of the characters, or you sit back and wait for someone you really, really want. I really want Christmas Yuri, so I am not pulling AT ALL until that banner drops. Although we get a lot of free gems from the Normal difficulty story, we still have Hard and Extreme to go through, plus all the events and login rewards, livestream coupons, etc...this game seems incredibly F2P friendly if you're patient. Or you can spend $10 and get thirty free pulls a month on top of your thirty free daily pulls.

In short: The only winning move is not to play.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Got '97 Terry from the free Starving Wolves ticket given, dunno if it was just a 5* guaranteed ticket or just a regular pull, didn't read the text

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Mai 95 is a good unit? Oh shit apparently I have her!

The weirdest thing about this game is that it is not really easy to tell if you have a strong unit off gate like in other gachas imo...

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
For Gold Farming:
Robert 96
Robert 95
Mai 94

see bottom of this link as to what strikers apply for the gold boost:
though I should add, someone posted this gold farming tip on reddit:

I saw a similar post on that reddit, but it just linked to a video that wasn't as detailed as this post. I need to work on green so I'll definitely be using this. I do hate how sets can sometimes be hard to get (I have a ton of 2 out of 3 so I can't get the bonus)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I have a few slots on my friend list if anyone wants to send an invite.

U221F0

Just let me know who you are, if your name differs from your forum name (so I know who to add).

Oct 27, 2017
So after my Free 10 Pull and Free 6 single pulls, I blew enough rubies on 10 10x Pulls...on the tenth I got H.Mature. Just now I got enough for my 11th 10x ruby Pull and got H.Angel!!!

Still want H.Kula!