• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
how does rerolling work with this holloween event?

i just started for the first time ever and got a yuri baseball outfit character. is that random or set?

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like I'm not *quite* so lucky with the new Step Up this time. It took me until the first 1000 ruby pull before I got 97 King. But, at least this means I'll get both 97 King and Maxima at the end of this Step Up! Which—are you guaranteed to get both of the fighters that are advertised in the Step Up, or is there still a degree of luck involved? I know you're guaranteed to get at least one if you pay for all six steps, due to that selector ticket.

i just started for the first time ever and got a yuri baseball outfit character. is that random or set?

I think Baseball Yuri is a gift that all players can get for downloading the game during the first thirty days, but I could be wrong.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The character art of this game is so nice, not just the 2D art but also the in-game art. I hope the next mainline KoF can look this good and less weird and plastic like it does right now.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
So I just got Kula, shermie and angel... And Mai gold version.

Question about angel: why does she have the voice of a lolicatgirl but she looks like a grown woman lol?

The character art of this game is so nice, not just the 2D art but also the in-game art. I hope the next mainline KoF can look this good and less weird and plastic like it does right now.
I was just about to say that. They make great use of the "live2d" animations. But I also hope we get a full fledged console brawler with kof characters. These 3d models looks spectacular. Even some of the throwaway bosses look really badass.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Question about angel: why does she have the voice of a lolicatgirl but she looks like a grown woman lol?

It's not quite a loli voice. Like, it does come off more like that when she is being playful during her attacks, but if you listen to her quote at the start of the mission, you realize what archetype her voice is... She kinda sound like what a tipsy japanese woman at a bar would sound while asking you for another drink.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
It's not quite a loli voice. Like, it does come off more like that when she is being playful during her attacks, but if you listen to her quote at the start of the mission, you realize what archetype her voice is... She kinda sound like what a tipsy japanese woman at a bar would sound while asking you for another drink.
I always thought that she was trying to get on people's nerves on purpose with that voice and the constant cat noises. It would be very in-character.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Angel's voice since 2002 is a more or less a homage to Haruko from FLCL. They had the same voice actor in that game and they kept all those mannerisms.

Hamster0

Dec 4, 2018
Finally made it far enough in the story to do the special events, but the Halloween Yashiro event is murdering me. I really want to get him, so what should I be focusing on to be able to beat the stages?

honestly Yashiro is really easy, he just falls into the same pattern everytime.

Combo > Combo > Combo > Combo + Super > 80% Area attack (switches from side to side, just roll towards him .5 secs after the red outline disappears) > Stun + AOE attack > Repeat

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
honestly Yashiro is really easy, he just falls into the same pattern everytime.

Combo > Combo > Combo > Combo + Super > 80% Area attack (switches from side to side, just roll towards him .5 secs after the red outline disappears) > Stun + AOE attack > Repeat
Yeah, once you get a bosses pattern down and can avoid their attacks, you can take them on despite having massive level differences.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
U6SPCA

Would like some friends and a guild recruitment, if possible. Kasumi and H Kula need something to beat up or help beat up!

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Does Sakura Athena some back?

You only get 14 day to get her which means you need to start at launch (which I didn't) and then you need to be able to complete all 3 difficulties to get a max of 18 souls per day. (Need 200) Took me a a while just to be strong enough to complete the hardest difficulty.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does Sakura Athena some back?

You only get 14 day to get her which means you need to start at launch (which I didn't) and then you need to be able to complete all 3 difficulties to get a max of 18 souls per day. (Need 200) Took me a a while just to be strong enough to complete the hardest difficulty.
In the info section for Advent Fighter Dungeon, it mentioned that there are 4 dungeons that will be in rotation: Halloween Yashiro, Festival Athena, Sentai Ralf and Clark, and Dark World Yamazaki.

Kojirospath

Oct 26, 2017
I have no clue who Mature is, but she's dope. Shreds with her specials. Don't have no S tier characters but I'm happy enough with het to not reroll.

somato

Oct 25, 2017
Argh... catching up on the thread and the 2nd guild is already full. 😅
I don't think I ever posted my friend code - WQOB5O.

Leveling past 60 is such a pain... My O.Iori is level 69 and I can't seem to get more levels at anything other than a snail's pace. :(

Hamster0

Dec 4, 2018
Ah yeah, I meant the limit breaking part. I should've mentiond that specifically, as gaining XP capsules is not difficult. It's getting the souls to up your level cap that takes forever.

Oh yeah.... the only way I can think of is the Soul quest, which unless your spending rubies, is going to be slow. Also getting lucky on pulls

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Limit breaking is the main wall of this game. Every other character improvement is easy to get. (Which a lot is gated by limit breaking).

Tonight is make or break for me. Going to used 5000 rubies.

16 free Halloween pulls
Depending on how those go then up to 2 ten pulls.
Depending on the previous Halloween pulls 3-5 ten Orochi pulls.
Then infinite repull
Then Character select.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Limit breaking is the main wall of this game. Every other character improvement is easy to get. (Which a lot is gated by limit breaking).

16 free Halloween pulls
Then infinite repull
Then Character select.
Good luck!

After the free ten-pull on the Halloween banner I'll probably use my gems as well. I have 2 of the 5 Halloween characters and don't really want Mature, but I desperately want Kula and since she didn't return in the JP version this year, it's difficult to say whether we'll get her again. I know once the F2P gems dry up it's difficult to earn more, and I should probably be saving for future FES characters, and yet...waifu...

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017

16 free Halloween pulls
Then infinite repull
Then Character select.

Good luck, I hope you get what you want.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017

16 free Halloween pulls
Then infinite repull
Then Character select.
giphy.gif

GL

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm legit considering farming the story mode nonstop until I get enough to pity Halloween Kula. Is there any way to check to see exactly how many pulls you've done on the current banner? Mine currently has the 20 box checked (gold reward) and text saying "Forward 14". Does that mean it's 20 + 14 for a total of 34 pulls?

Last edited:

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm legit considering farming the story mode nonstop until I get enough to pity Halloween Kula. Is there any way to check to see exactly how many pulls you've done on the current banner? Mine currently has the 20 box checked (gold reward) and text saying "Forward 14". Does that mean it's 20 + 14 for a total of 34 pulls?

No, "Forward" in the game's terminology should actually read "until next _____". So for you, you've gotten the 20 pull prize and need 14 more pulls for the next prize.

EDIT: Like how when you get Account Rank XP it says "Forward 200", that actually means 200 more XP needed until the next Account Rank level.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When starting, is there anything I should be rolling for?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
No, "Forward" in the game's terminology should actually read "until next _____". So for you, you're at 20 pulls and need 14 more for the next prize.
Oh okay, so the next reward is at 50 so if you -14 from that, I'm at 36 pulls then? Gotcha, thanks!

I'm trying to see how many gems I'll need to grind out for the pity. I know we'll get ten tonight so that makes around 154 pulls. I have a little over 4k gems now and a bunch of story content to burn through (haven't even touched Hard/Expert yet). I think I'm crazy enough to do this.

When starting, is there anything I should be rolling for?
How dedicated are you? You could try for one of the Orochi (ideally Iori), but their banner only opens up after you beat the entire first chapter (so around 30-40 of auto).

If you want an easier start, just re-roll and aim for Halloween Kula or Angel. Both are great and limited, and you can then select ticket whoever else you want (Mai '95 or King '94 preferably) and Infinite Reroll another later on if you feel like it.

Oh okay, so the next reward is at 50 so if you -14 from that, I'm at 36 pulls then? Gotcha, thanks!

I'm trying to see how many gems I'll need to grind out for the pity. I know we'll get ten tonight so that makes around 154 pulls. I have a little over 4k gems now and a bunch of story content to burn through (haven't even touched Hard/Expert yet). I think I'm crazy enough to do this.
The festivals have good gem rewards.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

How dedicated are you? You could try for one of the Orochi (ideally Iori), but their banner only opens up after you beat the entire first chapter (so around 30-40 of auto).

If you want an easier start, just re-roll and aim for Halloween Kula or Angel. Both are great and limited, and you can then select ticket whoever else you want (Mai '95 or King '94 preferably) and Infinite Reroll another later on if you feel like it.

thx Chrono. Not very dedicated but I do like Halloween units :)I'll giveit a shot.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
I got bamboozled. Had 3k rubies set aside and I decided to roll on the Orochi banner again. Damn it

I'm just gonna reroll until I can get one. Don't want that thought buzzing around in the back of my head.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
thx Chrono. Not very dedicated but I do like Halloween units :)I'll giveit a shot.
It's very easy to re-roll for the Halloween units, since you don't need to finish the first series of chapters to roll on their banner (like with the Orochi). If that's the case, it should go a lot smoother for you, since you get a nice amount of gems right when you finish the tutorial (maybe enough for a multi-pull? I'm not too sure).

Regardless, I wish you luck! Kula is the better Halloween character if you don't have a preference, but Angel isn't too far behind.