• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Same. I finished the final day and got all the rewards and the new one appeared. Also screw the battle card Halloween draw. I have 3 kula supers, 2 shermie, two Kyo(?!) and no angel! And you can't do the card exchange because none of the special draw characters are listed. Bollocks

Thought I was going crazy. Couldn't find Angel in the Soul Exchange shop and was like, "the hell?" lmao

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide context, insight and some very useful tips.

I think I get it a bit more now. But, all of that optimization seems a bit like "speed-running" through the game, maximizing everything...I just want to see a recreation of my favorite KOFs story with new art and expanded lore, so I will keep playing it my own way (like a sidescroller A to B game).

Im really impressed with the 2D art and animation, as well as some of the 3D background recreations, and the fact that you see the difference in years in the character art. This game, with much less "gacha" could have been an official Switch release (or similar).

Yeah, I get you. I'm not a fan of this speedrun stuff but FOMO has me on the King event. I want her skill card so I'm now grinding the event but I realise you can't use auto tickets. So basically I need to buff my main heroes so I can auto the highest level. :(

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
Got Mature, Angel and 3 Shermies in about 9 pulls, I think I should still go for Kula.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Not rolling on a halloween banner with worse rates than the orochi one. This gachagame having an ingame forum is weird. Also damn, the friend spams are real. Guess I picked a top tier.

Jun 23, 2019
To all of you that got Orochi Iori/Leona, did you do something special or what? I've gotten about halfway through my pulls before the pity pull and no luck. Just a bunch of trash 4* cards and souls. It makes me afraid to even try pulling the Halloween again.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
To all of you that got Orochi Iori/Leona, did you do something special or what? I've gotten about halfway through my pulls before the pity pull and no luck. Just a bunch of trash 4* cards and souls. It makes me afraid to even try pulling the Halloween again.
Did a third 10 pull and only got 5* ryo. Granted im not pulling for cards but still.

So I am trying to claim the tickets given by Twitch but I cant find the option.
Hit the 3rd icon on the top right and then hit the amazon prime loot icon.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Kula is finally in the game and I can't get her.

My first 10-character roll gave me Halloween Shermie, which is whatever I guess... and then nothing special for the remaining 3 rolls. I build up 900 gems and tried once more, only souls :(
I'm all outa gems, I guess I'm stuck with Shermie now.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say, I was really looking forward to Last Cloudia, but this game has stolen my attention. It's actually fun to play, and if you push yourself it's very rewarding. Seeing a 10k CP recommendation but getting through it at 5k with patience and skill is very rewarding.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
From the last step up draw who's card should I get Kyo or K? Pulled them both in the first 3 pulls

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think I really want anybody from the Halloween event. I'll just use those Halloween tokens for free pulls at the end of the week. I'd rather use my rubies on the new Step Up event with Maxima and King. I want them both!

I was lucky enough to get both 95 Kyo and Rugal from my first pull of the previous Step Up, so now I've got a good team of blue fighters. Now I want 95 Yuri so I can set up a team of green fighters and I want Maxima and King for a team of yellow fighters. Hopefully I'll get lucky with this new Step Up.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Managed to pull Halloween Angel, and I might just stick with her and use tokens. I want to try for Maxima and the Orochis.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Well my team is now Orochi Iori/H. Kula/H. Angel. I kinda want to get another Halloween char for team sync but my o. Iori is like 84 with 13k cp lol

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats! Who is on your current team?

Right now, Orochi Iori, the free 5* purple Kyo we got from the Welcome Missions (since he's like level 70 or 80 due to all the free limit breaks and the free super move), and then a floating third slot depending on the mission.

As far as other 5*s go, I have red King, green Iori, green Kasumi, blue Rugal, yellow Terry, blue Kim, purple Ralf, blue Shingo, green Andy, green Mature, green Goro, blue Athena and purple Heavy D. And I awakened purple Mai to 5* for a mission. Not sure who else to build up.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Christmas Yuri is coming. Must. Save.

latest

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well my team is now Orochi Iori/H. Kula/H. Angel. I kinda want to get another Halloween char for team sync but my o. Iori is like 84 with 13k cp lol
Is Orochi Iori your leader? If so, I would recommend getting an attack unit (they have the fist icon) as the 3rd slot instead of H.Angel. She's a great unit, but she doesn't benefit from O.Iori's fantastic leader skill at all.

You can still use H.Angel as the striker for H.Kula. Comes with a link bonus and everything.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Why is everyone drawing Halloween now when we get a bunch of free draws in the next few day?

Am I missing something or are people just impatient?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Why is everyone drawing Halloween now when we get a bunch of free draws in the next few day?

Am I missing something or are people just impatient?

I guess people just want the ugly costumes that much.

Someone who's played the JP version, enlighten me - are the holiday units actually completely different from their non-holiday equivalents, or are they basically just alt skins with similar stats and movesets? It looks like they use the same Super Cards as their non-costumed normal forms.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Is Orochi Iori your leader? If so, I would recommend getting an attack unit (they have the fist icon) as the 3rd slot instead of H.Angel. She's a great unit, but she doesn't benefit from O.Iori's fantastic leader skill at all.

You can still use H.Angel as the striker for H.Kula. Comes with a link bonus and everything.
Yea you're not wrong but it's more fore enjoyment factor as I love comboing with angel. I got Yashiro and Shingo at 50 so maybe I'll work on one of em

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of hidden things people should know but I haven't seen mentioned anywhere, might be a good idea to make a list.

1. When you click the + symbol near your AP gauge you have the option to watch 5 videos and get 50 AP each a day (reset at 12:00 AM EST).
2. If you click shop and then the recommended tab you can watch a video and get 30 free rubies a day (reset at 12:00 AM EST).
3. You get one free regular fighter card draw a day (reset at 12:00 AM EST).
4. You get one free regular battle card draw a day (reset at 12:00 AM EST).

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of hidden things people should know but I haven't seen mentioned anywhere, might be a good idea to make a list.

1. When you click the + symbol near your AP gauge you have the option to watch 5 videos and get 50 AP each a day (reset at 12:00 AM EST).
2. If you click shop and then the recommended tab you can watch a video and get 100 free rubies a day (reset at 12:00 AM EST).
3. You get one free regular fighter card draw a day (reset at 12:00 AM EST).
4. You get one free regular battle card draw a day (reset at 12:00 AM EST).
I thought you only got 30 rubies from the recommended tab of the shop (the daily special package). You watch the video once, get 30 rubies and an item ticket. The rest of the 5 out of 6 daily special packages you have pay $.99 for (until it resets the next day).

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Did the game just go into maintenance or something? I got booted literally when finishing a mission, closed the app to do something else for a bit, go to open it now and when it tries to login it just closes itself.

Aaaand now it's working, the eff.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
I thought you only got 30 rubies from the recommended tab of the shop (the daily special package). You watch the video once, get 30 rubies and an item ticket. The rest of the 5 out of 6 daily special packages you have pay $.99 for (until it resets the next day).

Ops you're right, I changed the amount in my original post.

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the King event yesterday, and now I'm wondering what I should be focusing on.

Is the point of the Epic Story to run the highest stage you can get to so that you can level up the buffs for them? I can manage the first Blue Mary fight, but haven't really progressed past there.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ah Halloween event. Its not enough to not get Kula/Mature/Angel, but also not get any new normal characters either! Is there any disadvantage to doing the 10 pull for 900 gems? As that's what I've tried twice so far, I assume its the same odds as doing it one at a time for 100 gems a piece?
Loving the game otherwise, finally getting more and more unlocked, and powering up more characters.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
First time I player it crashed within 2 minutes. Second time I played 5 minutes and realized I didn't like it very much and uninstalled.

I do like the art though and wonder if KOF XV will have a similar art style.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
So if I don't get Kula today, I will take it as game sending me a message and just drop the fuck out of entire thing, even my old acc, tbh. Cuz I've never been fucked this badly when rerolling.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Got H!Mature from a ten pull. My least favorite out of the 4, but after dumping 8 ten pulls into the Orochi banner and getting absolutely fuck all, I'll take it

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
After 10+ rolls of so of no O.Iori or Leona I'm wondering if I should call it quits on the banner.

But also Iori's Leader Skill is just too good and I dont have a great general leader yet other than Shermie.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
You get a ton of stamina for crystals. 350 stamina for 30 crystals? And the daily pack gets you 100. That's a load of stamstam.