• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Latest KFGD video too:

roosterteeth.com

The Last of Us is Coming to HBO - 03.05.20 - Kinda Funny Games Daily - S2E43 - Rooster Teeth

Blessing and Tim discuss a ton of PlayStation news including a new Ghost of Tsushima trailer and a Last of Us HBO series in the works.

Past 2 days they've had their videos unlisted on youtube for hours at a time, so best to check RT

I guess the Patreon links are unaffected, as I was able to watch them when they are typically released. Seems like this just affects the public uploads.

Also, now that the Patron uploads of KFGD have the post-show content, I no longer find any reason to watch the live Twitch stream anymore, as they cut off the stream before they record the extra bit. I'm fine waiting for the Patreon exclusive YouTube uploads and watching them all in one go. I wonder if they'll eventually move KFGD's live stream to YouTube and handle it like they do with KFP and KFGC and their post-show stuff. That would allow KFGD's post-show to be shown live like the other post-shows.

Last edited:

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Really seems odd to be advertising another podcast and your own patreon as a supporter for KFGD. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused reading this... is he saying that he received a call that was very important that he had to take it there or that he was in the bathroom and someone next to him answered their phone while taking a dump?
At first I thought it was maybe the former, but now I'm thinking its the latter

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Not to dig too much into things (as people in other threads are already trying to tie his tweet to PS5 stuff), but didn't he also cut his trip short (which some people also theorized was PS5 related)?

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Gamescast has been soooo much better now that it's topic-based.

The gaming side's quality has improved drastically in 2020 and it hasn't slowed down like it normally does.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Agreed tbh... the fact they've kept the momentum up since January is really impressive. Amazing what adding one person can do.

Not to say it's all Blessing as Greg seems to be totally rejuvenated too and it feels like Tim prefers the new Gamescast set up.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Agreed. I hope they continue doing it.
With E3 conferences most likely being all digital this year, I feel like it's the perfect storm from them too. The big hitters are probably going to be packed with mostly AAA stuff to make their videos tight, so I'd imagine all of the indies would gravitate to KF. Everyone else using digital presentations also puts them on even footing from an outsiders point of view. I could see major outlets presenting the Showcase as the "indie E3 conference", which could be massive for them.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Showcase definitely needs to be a yearly thing. It basically compiles most of the indie games worth looking at into one neat package. Without it, I'd probably be missing out on so many cool games.
I like it and hope they continue but for the record don't rely only on it to find indie games. Most of the worthwhile indie games are not there.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I like it and hope they continue but for the record don't rely only on it to find indie games. Most of the worthwhile indie games are not there.
I don't completely rely on it, but it's perfect for putting games on my radar. I listen to stuff like Waypoint Radio and Kotaku Splitscreen as a good way to round out my indie recommendations, because the hosts of those shows play a ridiculously wide variety of games.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Imran came up with the perfect name for the XBOX podcast. I hope they use it. Context: On the Gamescast, SnowBikeMike was asked by Imran if they had settled on a name and Mike responded by saying the have ten currently, but are always listening to suggestions. Imran suggested the podcast be called You Had Me at Halo. That works in multiple ways. For one, it's a twist on you had me at hello. But also, Halo was a main reason people bought XBOX and without the game, XBOX might not have been anywhere near where it is today. It also pairs well with PS I Love You XOXO.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On today's Games daily, Greg and Blessing spent like 10 minutes talking in circles about if Cyberpunk will have a muiltplayer or not. Was maddening to listen to lol

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Should be the producer's job. Didn't they initially pitch You're Wrong based on an ESPN show, where the producer was actively fact-checking the things they were saying? There's no reason why whoever is sitting behind the computer shouldn't be doing that.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Good for them for putting safety first. Seems like the sensible thing to do.

And its probably not that difficult to implement; I'm pretty sure Joey, Tim and Cool Greg all live together and Andy and Barrett do too so that'll probably help. And its not like it'll be impossible to do a podcast over Skype or hangouts or whatever.

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how it is to see your coworkers all day at work and then go home and still live with them.