• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Not sure I buy Greg's belief that Zack Snyder is just off the hook for everything wrong in Justice League because he got replaced.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
MoS and BvS:UC were great.

For me, MoS was watchable at best and BvS was a struggle to get through the sole time I watched it.

My point is though that neither film is hardly beloved is it? So why is ZS held up as this potential saviour of JL when his track record (inside and outside or DC films) is patchy at best?

The Synder cut, when comes out, will probably end up being a marginally better version of an already bad film (allegedly bad - I've never seen it).

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Blessing has really grown on me, I think he's great on PSILY and fits in well on anything else...I was totally wrong about him.
I still don't like him and it's all because I don't find him knowledgeable enough. There have been numerous times where his lack of video game knowledge was just dumbfounding to me. When Imran joined their crew I was hoping that was the shift they were trying to go for, but I've been seeing less of him lately which is unfortunate.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I still don't like him and it's all because I don't find him knowledgeable enough. There have been numerous times where his lack of video game knowledge was just dumbfounding to me. When Imran joined their crew I was hoping that was the shift they were trying to go for, but I've been seeing less of him lately which is unfortunate.

I agree about Imran, he's by far my fav. person on the games side...dude knows his stuff, has good takes, and still has enough connections to throw things out there from time to time.

He's great!

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I agree about Imran, he's by far my fav. person on the games side...dude knows his stuff, has good takes, and still has enough connections to throw things out there from time to time.

He's great!
I'm kinda thinking he's going to leave Kinda Funny and go back to his journalistic roots at some point. I'm sure he's super appreciative for Greg taking him in when Game Informer went under but being a part of Kinda Funny is probably not what he had in mind for his career. I could be totally wrong of course but it's just the feeling I get.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I'm kinda thinking he's going to leave Kinda Funny and go back to his journalistic roots at some point. I'm sure he's super appreciative for Greg taking him in when Game Informer went under but being a part of Kinda Funny is probably not what he had in mind for his career. I could be totally wrong of course but it's just the feeling I get.

On the latest Gamescast he was talking about writing something for GI last week...wouldn't shock me...

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017

He's only part-time at KF though right? It seems like he's doing a lot of freelance stuff at the moment so I don't see why being on KF would interfere with that. The only reason he'd stop being on is if he got a full time job or moved away, I reckon.

Also Blessing is great. Yeah he might not have such a rich knowledge of games as some people, but that probably comes from being younger and relatively new in the industry. I think he's already vastly improved in the month or so he's been there, and I liked him to begin with.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
He's only part-time at KF though right? It seems like he's doing a lot of freelance stuff at the moment so I don't see why being on KF would interfere with that. The only reason he'd stop being on is if he got a full time job or moved away, I reckon.

Also Blessing is great. Yeah he might not have such a rich knowledge of games as some people, but that probably comes from being younger and relatively new in the industry. I think he's already vastly improved in the month or so he's been there, and I liked him to begin with.
Yeah I think you're probably right. He pretty much took the place of Andrea who was also doing all of this part time.
And I think as time goes on Blessing will play more and more games and will definitely keep improving. He has a good speaking voice for the job. He's totally on the younger side so it's hard to knock him for his lack of gaming history. Still won't ever forgive him not even knowing wtf Power Stone is, lol

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Blessing and Barrett are carrying Kinda Funny right now IMO. I can't wait for Barrett's Zelda project in a couple of weeks, and that's coming from someone who has barely played a handful of the games.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah Barret and Blessing were just talking a bit on last weeks psily (or some ep of kfgd maybe) and I was thinking that Greg probably likes them just talking like that, giving him glimpses of the new gen eventually taking more of a lead role. I wonder if Barret will ever just be a cohost at some point instead of just in the camera role. They're good foils to each other too.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah Barret and Blessing were just talking a bit on last weeks psily (or some ep of kfgd maybe) and I was thinking that Greg probably likes them just talking like that, giving him glimpses of the new gen eventually taking more of a lead role. I wonder if Barret will ever just be a cohost at some point instead of just in the camera role. They're good foils to each other too.
The past month is the first time I've ever been slightly okay with entertaining the idea of Greg one day being "off camera". Hire more Blessing's and Barrett's and I'm all good with that eventual decision.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
We need more Barrett on-camera stuff. I hope the Zelda review takes off for him; shame it's just a one and done thing but it sounds really interesting.

I also thought Blessing and Andy had a really good dynamic on First Impressions last week. That show generally has been great actually.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone at KF needs to do better at staying informed. So many questions with clear answers asked on shows that they shouldn't need to look up air.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Happy to see so much Barrett love! He's excellent whenever he contributes to conversation, especially gaming stuff.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
For patrons here who can vote for The GOG standalone topic, I would appreciate a vote!

My submission is: "If given the option (with NO negative health effects) which would you choose? A: Never feeling sleepy and being able to stay up 24/7 or B: Never needing to use a bathroom (thus never needing to pee during a good movie!), which would you choose?"

It's currently in 2nd place (out of 4). The current 1 is "What tv show or cartoon from your kid hood would like to bring back?"

I'm obviously biased, but I think my topic would lead to a lot of laughs.

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For patrons here who can vote for The GOG standalone topic, I would appreciate a vote!

My submission is: "If given the option (with NO negative health effects) which would you choose? A: Never feeling sleepy and being able to stay up 24/7 or B: Never needing to use a bathroom (thus never needing to pee during a good movie!), which would you choose?"

It's currently in 2nd place (out of 4). The current 1 is "What tv show or cartoon from your kid hood would like to bring back?"

I'm obviously biased, but I think my topic would lead to a lot of laughs.
I can't vote, but I'd definitely choose A: Staying up 24/7. So much more time for activities! Good luck on the vote!

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
What do we think the game Imran couldn't take about, despite being out in Japan is?

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Persona 5 Scramble maybe? Idk. Complete guess. Haven't even listened to the episode yet.