• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I hope they're not planning to split KFGD out like they did morning show... I think that'd be a big error. I'd be all for reducing it to like 3 days a week or something though.

Gamescast is in the biggest need of a shake up. Bring in a new host who actually plays games (Barrett or someone), go back to weekly topics and away from "what we've been playing" and do more embargo-day reviews like Star Wars and Death Stranding.

I guess they'll also bring something in to replace Party Mode... regular gameplay streams would be my guess.

Oct 25, 2017
Greg on twitter calls it

"Kinda Funny Games 4.0"

Last year it was

"Kinda Funny 4.0"

So you're guess is as good as mine if they'll touch the kinda funny side.

ghornett

Nov 16, 2017
My predictions:
-They are going to announce big reviews/spoilercasts for all the major AAA games throughout 2020. Maybe laid out on a calendar like KF world tour.
-Have a bunch of stuff dedicated to covering the new consoles leading up launching in the fall. This and previous one are how they revamp gamescast.
-A new let's play/streaming venture to replace party mode.
-Guessing we get a new part timer. I'll say it's SBM to help with esports push and xbox coverage.
-kfgd doesn't change.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how much this has to do with it, but they seem to be partially hyping up the fact that 2020 will conclude with the launch of the next gen of consoles. I wonder if they will be leaning heavily into that fact.

They have other tweets with different taglines, so this could mean little overall. Other taglines are "The next generation of video games. The next generation of Kinda Funny Games.", "Don't forget everything you know", and "It's Kinda Funny Games' turn".

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
My biggest gripe with KFGD has been how uninformed they are. It suffers from hosts who often glance at the news. Which has led to some truly awful moments (Andrea's alt-right gaslighting on behalf of bigots and getting away with it because Greg doesn't know anything about PDP and Notch beyond "is on Youtube" and "made Minecraft"). I can't really speak to Gamescast anymore because I stopped listening a long time ago. Do they still stop games as fast as they start them? Because that's why I fell off that podcast.

My only hope is that Imran becomes the main host of KFGD.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think they need more people with diverse tastes. It's getting a bit stale always talking about GaaS. Imran brings a lot to the table for healthy discussions but he's usually alone.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
I think their tastes are fairly diverse overall, it's just their lack of commitment to playing games beyond the 5-hour mark that causes the podcast to really suffer. That's when they have to fall back on Fran, who is the only guy who seems to play his games consistently for long periods of time, hence all the GAAS talk.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Kinda Funny did nearly 6 hours worth of gaming news this last week. I mean this sincerely: Why does KFGD exist? What is the intent? If it's just to get the news to an audience ASAP then it's faster to just read online. If it's to give their insight & opinions on the news then it's better to do a weekly podcast because they almost never spend enough time digesting the news to even have an interesting perspective.

Some perspective: last week KFGD brought in 71K in views. Which is more than double the previous week's episode of the EZA podcast. So the views are clearly there for KFGD. But they still spent 6 hours out of the week for that one show alone. The EZA podcast is the length of one episode of KFGD, they spent less than 30 minutes talking about the week's news, and the episode brought in 33K in views.

My point is it's all about structure. KF shouldn't be EZA. We already have an EZA. But I remain unconvinced they should keep doing what they're doing on the gaming side. KFGD has always felt like a prime example of doing a thing because you can, not because you should. Like if you're going to keep doing it then I'd stick with what I said before about giving it to Imran if he wants it. But the more I think about it the more I realize it's a show that has no real purpose.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
This Dino Crisis conversation might be the most painful thing I've ever listened to.

Good god that was unbearable. It was 5mins if arguing if Dino Crisis was a LIGHT GUN game. Are you fucking kidding me? From two "gaming" hosts? In the end, they had confused TIME crisis with DINO crisis! 🤦🏻‍♂️

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Kinda Funny did nearly 6 hours worth of gaming news this last week. I mean this sincerely: Why does KFGD exist? What is the intent? If it's just to get the news to an audience ASAP then it's faster to just read online. If it's to give their insight & opinions on the news then it's better to do a weekly podcast because they almost never spend enough time digesting the news to even have an interesting perspective.

Some perspective: last week KFGD brought in 71K in views. Which is more than double the previous week's episode of the EZA podcast. So the views are clearly there for KFGD. But they still spent 6 hours out of the week for that one show alone. The EZA podcast is the length of one episode of KFGD, they spent less than 30 minutes talking about the week's news, and the episode brought in 33K in views.

My point is it's all about structure. KF shouldn't be EZA. We already have an EZA. But I remain unconvinced they should keep doing what they're doing on the gaming side. KFGD has always felt like a prime example of doing a thing because you can, not because you should. Like if you're going to keep doing it then I'd stick with what I said before about giving it to Imran if he wants it. But the more I think about it the more I realize it's a show that has no real purpose.

I mean, you literally point out that the views are there so your question doesn't really make sense.

It's their only piece of daily content and one of the defining shows of the channel. It's important to them. It just sounds like it's not something you're interested in personally. Myself and others look forward to it.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I mean, you literally point out that the views are there so your question doesn't really make sense.
But do the views justify the amount of work required to achieve those views? That's what I'm wondering. I'm suggesting that's the reason no one else does it. I also think it hurts the rest of their work, namely Gamescast. There's not enough time in the day to fix common complaints if they keep doing what they're doing. We can't expect them to stop dropping games quickly when they can't even find the time to be consistent and accurate with time stamps. They have to be overworked. It sure comes across that way even with rotating hosts.
It just sounds like it's not something you're interested in personally. Myself and others look forward to it.
Correct. That is my opinion. I'm not sure I follow what your point is.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

200.gif

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I pretty much just watch their non-games stuff now, but what I saw of Blessing was nice, seems like a smart new hire.

I was hoping for Chloe though.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
At least the studio is not dependent of a goal.

Them bringing back PSILY is great, although I don't care much about it.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just saw the announcements. Nothing that interests me. I've stopped watching now, did they mention Fran and Imran yet?

idonteven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
thats gonna cost a shitload of money to rent such a big space

how??? where does that money come from

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Their Patreon has been consistently dropping yet they are now getting a massive studio. How does that work?

ClydeBonFrog

Apr 17, 2018
So there adding another podcast, ontop of the others? When it already seems like they make too much content, where opinions, and news are just overlapping from one show to the next? They aren't IGN, like why are they trying to be so big? The new studio is just another example, like why do they need the space?

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So there adding another podcast, ontop of the others? When it already seems like they make too much content, where opinions, and news are just overlapping from one show to the next? They aren't IGN, like why are they trying to be so big? The new studio is just another example, like why do they need the space?
I thought they might cut down on KF Games Daily, but nope, even more stuff.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Changes to Gamecast and bringing back PSILY sound nice but it only matters if the quality of the discussion improves. With how little it seems Greg is able to game I have no idea what PSILY would even be about.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Changes to Gamecast and bringing back PSILY sound nice but it only matters if the quality of the discussion improves. With how little it seems Greg is able to game I have no idea what PSILY would even be about.
This is my problem.

They've increased quantity of the shows, when the problem was the quality.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I'm not familiar with Blessing, why the lol?

If anything the LOL is renting studio space in SF. Please tell me its outside of the city.

Because he's just another like minded "KF Best Friend" that won't challenge any of their opinions or offer anything different, unlike Imran or Fran, etc.

He's nice enough, just underwhelmed.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Pretty damn good set of announcements. Super stocked for PSILY, and the whole format. I'm also really happy for Blessing, he is a smart guy and super passionate. Super excited for this year!

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Watched the YouTube video where they announced 50 new things and in-reviews, and everything kind of blends together

Kcoe27400

Mar 14, 2018
They're atleast adding game play to their video game channel only once a week though but yeah this isnt doing much for me if the quality of discussion doesnt improve. The changes to gamecast seem weird to me. Like top 30 Nintendo games? Top 10 xbox games Not sure thats what people wanted they just wanted better more in depth discussions on current games and news.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Watched the YouTube video where they announced 50 new things and in-reviews, and everything kind of blends together

That's because 99% of their content and everyone on it just blends together and after a while it just becomes noise....

That's my biggest issue, was hoping they'd shake things up more but it is what it is.