• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
This is not really related to anything but I've been listening to old Beyonds recently (like 2008) and some person called wingfan wrote in with a few questions. Was that you?

also Greg/Ryan/Roper was an underrated trio.
Possibly? I remember writing in one time to ask about what recording software/hardware they used to capture their game footage. And Roper said something like it cost as much as a BMW, lol. When Chris and Dunham ended up working with me at Zipper, I let him know about that one, ha.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Possibly? I remember writing in one time to ask about what recording software/hardware they used to capture their game footage. And Roper said something like it cost as much as a BMW, lol. When Chris and Dunham ended up working with me at Zipper, I let him know about that one, ha.

Yeah that's the one I just listened to! Cool that you got to work with those guys after. Both seem like really cool guys!

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
As someone who's actually seen TROS, it absolutely is a fun as fuck film. It's not revolutionary, but it's definitely no worse than any of the other non-prequel films. I'd argue if you can't find fun in it you don't really enjoy what Star Wars is and always has been; shlocky sci-fi adventures.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who's actually seen TROS, it absolutely is a fun as fuck film. It's not revolutionary, but it's definitely no worse than any of the other non-prequel films. I'd argue if you can't find fun in it you don't really enjoy what Star Wars is and always has been; shlocky sci-fi adventures.
Good to hear! I'm seeing it today.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Might end up listening to my second ever episode of Screencast Screencats this week. I have almost no interest in the film, but I absolutely wanna hear Gary talk about it for an hour.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
EMVk2VlUwAAVfXb

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've just watched their TROS review and the liked it way more than I thought they would. If they were going to nitpick one I thought it would be that one.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Apparently Nick goes on a rant during their Rise of Skywalker review about how Star Wars fans should stop bitching and nitpicking and just enjoy Star Wars. Is there anyone on this planet that is less self-aware lmao?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Nick goes on a rant during their Rise of Skywalker review about how Star Wars fans should stop bitching and nitpicking and just enjoy Star Wars. Is there anyone on this planet that is less self-aware lmao?
He's not wrong though, people are way too nitpicky about things in general imo

(Hell, look at us in this thread lol)

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Have you heard him go after the Mandalorian? lol It's a show with issues but Nick really nitpicks it to death.
That's exactly my point. I actually 100% agree with his rant. I don't think Star Wars has ever been highbrow entertainment and I think a lot of people would enjoy it a lot more if they stopped holding it to unrealistic expectations. Unfortunately, that rant loses a lot of effect when the one giving it is also the biggest offender of nitpicking.

Anyone else seen Greg's Top 10 games for the year? Putting aside the fact that it kinda ruins Kinda Funny's GOTY pod, I swear almost half of the games on the list are things he only spoke about extremely briefly (like less than 5 minutes total) or didn't speak about at all. It's a nice summary of what's wrong with their games coverage.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot they joined with Rooster Teeth, honestly wondering if they get much if any traffic at all coming from the site.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Why are they posting stuff to GiantBomb?

Greg does every year. Giant Bomb has friends of the site every December list their personal top-ten lists. I can't recall if Imran has contributed in the past? Imran?

They're very eclectic lists. Practically no two lists are the same. Some are very creative and atypical of top-ten lists.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
Those Giant Bomb lists are just fantastic. So glad to see my man Danny O'Dwyer give Outer Wilds, the GOAT, the nod as game of the year.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Greg does every year. Giant Bomb has friends of the site every December list their personal top-ten lists. I can't recall if Imran has contributed in the past? Imran?

They're very eclectic lists. Practically no two lists are the same. Some are very creative and atypical of top-ten lists.
Nope. This year was new. I was talking to Alex about how I miss writing top ten lists and he asked if I wanted to contribute to GB's guest list.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I didn't make it to the end because the way they gushed over TROS, knowing the supposed reasons they dragged TLJ through the mud, was extremely off-putting. The things they spent 3 hours complaining about in TLJ are things TROS is guilty of constantly from beginning to end. They were so mad at TLJ that they didn't even let Barrett have his usual 3 minutes of unopposed screen time to give his opinions because he liked TLJ. So the gymnastics on display to avoid just saying "we love it because it shits on The Last Jedi" were incredible. None of them, Nick especially, have any self awareness. 3 hours spent fake sighing over a movie they hated.

OP
OP
Calderc

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
So I've fallen off hard on watching the content over the last 6 months or so. Just doesn't hold my attention anymore. With that being said, what you expecting from Kinda Funny Day? I dunno what they could do to pull me back.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't make it to the end because the way they gushed over TROS, knowing the supposed reasons they dragged TLJ through the mud, was extremely off-putting. The things they spent 3 hours complaining about in TLJ are things TROS is guilty of constantly from beginning to end. They were so mad at TLJ that they didn't even let Barrett have his usual 3 minutes of unopposed screen time to give his opinions because he liked TLJ. So the gymnastics on display to avoid just saying "we love it because it shits on The Last Jedi" were incredible. None of them, Nick especially, have any self awareness. 3 hours spent fake sighing over a movie they hated.
I have not watched it all, but their Last Jedi review was actually more positive than I thought it would be! I heard a fair bit of praise to go with the criticism.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I've fallen off hard on watching the content over the last 6 months or so. Just doesn't hold my attention anymore. With that being said, what you expecting from Kinda Funny Day? I dunno what they could do to pull me back.
It's all about the gaming side. I have no idea what's going to happen. Maybe shake up Games Daily?