• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Why? Why is my response so important to you? The fact that you needed to make another post just to get my attention, yikes.

You posted in this thread specifically to defend a known right wing racist and ignored multiple pointing out important information to you. Please don't play the "yikes" card.

This shit needs to be challenged, not ignored.

If you come into a thread to defend a racist, you should also be willing to reply to people pointing out facts about him.

What he said was racist and he just sounds like a moron. But that tweet was also 5 years ago. People grow and change. When i was younger I said some incredibly awful stuff too, but i grew out of it, and my world view changed for the better. Should i just be judged on that period of my life too? The colin that i listen to when i listen to podcasts does not seem like the person he was back then. Its fine that you have your opinion of him, but like i said, pretending he's the worst person in the world for some dumb and terrible shit he's said is a bit much.

He's also buddy-buddy with Ben Shapiro, a white supremacist, on social media. This was also pointed out in the thread. Their interactions are much more recent. He also spread nonsense during the 2020 election that Trump and Biden were the same so it wasn't worth voting.

This is who he is now. Not just then.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Why? Why is my response so important to you? Why did you feel the need to qoute my post a second time? I dont sit on this damn website all day.

What he said was racist and he just sounds like a moron. But that tweet was also 5 years ago. People grow and change. When i was younger I said some incredibly awful stuff too, but i grew out of it, and my world view changed for the better. Should i just be judged on that period of my life too? The colin that i listen to when i listen to podcasts does not seem like the person he was back then. Its fine that you have your opinion of him, but like i said, pretending he's the worst person in the world for some dumb and terrible shit he's said is a bit much.

There, i'm done replying now. If you want to have an actual conversation you can dm me.
Soo... Will you give the same leeway to all the other alt right morons? They can change? Maybe his idol Ruben or Mike Cernovic... Or literally thousands of other shitheads?

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Why? Why is my response so important to you? Why did you feel the need to qoute my post a second time? I dont sit on this damn website all day.

There, i'm done replying now. If you want to have an actual conversation you can dm me.
I dunno, you're the one going to bat for this fuckwit. He ain't some closed-circle fucking teenager who never had someone tell him better, he's an adult with a platform. You're damn fucking right someone should be judged based on shit they were saying in fucking 2017. 5 years ago ain't fucking ancient history.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
What he said was racist and he just sounds like a moron. But
QcA6JpY.jpg

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
Kinda Funny sucked after Colin left, but anything he's done has been just as bad. I've sort of given up on video game podcasts for the time being.
I don't like his PlayStation podcast at all but I listen to his weeekly show he does with his brother (Knockback) Probably my favourite podcast

ive fallen off KF in the last year or so but still tune in from time to time when Gary Whitta is on games daily. Think he does Wednesdays now.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
All that being said SnowBikeMike is a treasure and I hope he ends up moving up there when the studio is finished so we can get more stories about the crew hanging together. I love the next gen crew as well and how different everyone's vibes are. I'd love to see them collaborate with Funhaus and Alanah more as well, and I hope we see more women added to the full time crew in the future.
mike is the absolute best, i love that man.

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
All you had to say was "I don't care that he's racist."

Just be honest instead of trolling.
Was attempting to be funny but only realised you quoted part of my post before I realised. My apologies

I do know all about Colin and it pains me at times who he considers his friends. I just try to ignore that part of him and try to see the positives

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
As someone who consumes a lot of game podcasts and videos places like kinda funny, easy allies and giant bomb are my regular visits. It's always sad when a member leaves. Dynamics change and the type of content delivered can change. But change is good.

I love that Kinda Funny is so vocal and supportive of charities.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Was attempting to be funny but only realised you quoted part of my post before I realised. My apologies

I do know all about Colin and it pains me at times who he considers his friends. I just try to ignore that part of him and try to see the positives
I don't know why people think this shit is being virtuous or fucking whatever, but it ain't. All it fucking is is forgiving some deeply grotesque shit because it's conveniently ignorable.

ZakBlade

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
User Banned (Permanent): Troll account
I don't know why people think this shit is being virtuous or fucking whatever, but it ain't. All it fucking is is forgiving some deeply grotesque shit because it's conveniently ignorable.

I don't think being friends with people with different viewpoints from yours is a bad thing. We have a huge political divide in the world right now. Cutting out people with different political beliefs just means that the only place they can look for friendship is in other people with the same beliefs, which is partially why both sides have become more extreme and the middle is disappearing. And for that reason, I prefer Colin's stance of being inclusive rather than the Kinda Funny stance of "if you don't agree with us, then just leave".

To word it another way, racism is objectively bad, but if you immediately demonize everyone who has different political beliefs to yours, is that really any better?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
y'all gotta stop it

im hearing dogwhistles from all the way on the other side of the fucking forum

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I don't think being friends with people with different viewpoints from yours is a bad thing. We have a huge political divide in the world right now. Cutting out people with different political beliefs just means that the only place they can look for friendship is in other people with the same beliefs, which is partially why both sides have become more extreme and the middle is disappearing. And for that reason, I prefer Colin's stance of being inclusive rather than the Kinda Funny stance of "if you don't agree with us, then just leave".

To word it another way, racism is objectively bad, but if you immediately demonize everyone who has different political beliefs to yours, is that really any better?
Why the fuck you looking to include white supremacists? Fuck right off with this shit.

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
They seem like a great crew who generally care about their staff from listening to Tim talk about management. They also seem to want to give their staff room to grow, which is always important in keeping talent.

They are infinitely better off without Colin. His inability to ever accept being wrong was annoying not to mention his shitty politics. The same guy who constantly complained about liberals silencing their critics and yet was notorious for blocking anyone on Twitter who disagreed with him on anything.

In fact, him leaving is probably one of the best things to happen to Greg since he was given space to grow from someone generally apathetic about politics to someone engaged and vocal about important issues. Kinda Funny was able to find a new and much better identity.

Oct 25, 2017
That's fair. But it is what it is and I said what I said. And like I mentioned, I think KF fuckin' rocks. Greg's an icon, Tim and Nick are always fantastic and watching Bless grow into a games media phenom is a ton of fun. And sure, maybe I listen to way more podcasts than I contribute to the 'era as opposed to using it as a source, but it still goes without saying, everyone deserves a fair shake, and these guys over at LSM are shit on way more with bias and prejudice than they probably deserve at this point. I've been listening to all these guys, KF and LSM, for a long long time. A lot of you paint this situation with a way too broad of a brush to be taken seriously when it comes to "who's a piece of shit" and who's not. Just fucking enjoy what you enjoy and how about we not keep shitting on each other needlessly eh?
fuck colin and his company, and associates

sbenji

Jul 25, 2019
I have stopped video game podcasts (more interested in true crime) but prior to October of this year I listened to every single episode of kinda funny games daily. I enjoy the new voices like Janet and Blessing (I may find Mike to be too plastic). Overall great content and people that I have spent many hours with.

Unlike most posters I also like Collin for the most part.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
I really like KF, I've had my complaints about their PS centric focus but they seem to be pretty neutral now. Obviously Greg, Blessing and Janet are all PS ride or die, but they aren't oblivious to what's going on outside of the PS ecosystem anymore. And I love Mike, Parris, Gary, Barrett, and Andy too. All great personalities.

They aren't as successful as they could be, and I think part of that is the "baggage" from the Colin days. They lost a significant chunk of people when that dickhead left, and while it's probably a good thing they don't have folks that are okay with listening to a racist hanging around anymore it definitely stunted their growth. (on the topic of people okay with racists, Ryan McCaffery seems to be all buddy buddy with Colin too but he gets a pass for some reason. I don't get it.)

I feel that they have no devils advocate anymore as they rarely ever disagree with each other. Saying that a good chunk of podcasts are very similar.
they disagree with each other all the time, they're just polite about it now. colin was just an asshole.
Collin is by far the most popular podcaster in the Netherlands. Almost everyone in the Dutch game industry is listing. No wonder he so successful

My only true problem with kfg is how they basically got rid of Jared Petty because of childish community complaints. Jared Petty is such a fun man to listen to.

Also a big grip. Andrea was a horrible and often rude host but they still hype her up like she is the best part of KF
Jared left because he got another job.

Last edited:

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
i just wish they kept Imran and had tamoor full time

but they're great. p diverse compared to the almost exclusively white EZA and former GB

also you don't need a fuckin devil's advocate lmao. they disagree plenty and they're all family. mfers in here weird af. like do yall actually consume the content or just say shit to say it

Oct 25, 2017
I have stopped video game podcasts (more interested in true crime) but prior to October of this year I listened to every single episode of kinda funny games daily. I enjoy the new voices like Janet and Blessing (I may find Mike to be too plastic). Overall great content and people that I have spent many hours with.

Unlike most posters I also like Collin for the most part.
liking a misogynistic racist in 2022...

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
i just wish they kept Imran and had tamoor full time

but they're great. p diverse compared to the almost exclusively white EZA and former GB

also you don't need a fuckin devil's advocate lmao. they disagree plenty and they're all family. mfers in here weird af
imran was never full time right? just helping out after he got laid off?

sbenji

Jul 25, 2019
One of the reasons he left Kinda Funny was due to a sexist comment he made on Twitter.

Earlier in this thread, I linked to him being incredibly racist.

Another poster mentioned that he is friendly with Ben Shapiro, a literal white supremacist.

Ok. Why did you have to share that now I can't listen to him. Oh well quick delete. I would caution against guilt by association. It is a difficult slope.

Note I don't use social media. Outside of resetera I don't hear anything about anyone in a podcast.

JAT

Oct 27, 2017
I remember Colin's friend Dave Rubin telling him that liberals don't like video games because they're challenging. Instead of saying that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard he said hmm I'd have to think about that. He only pushes back on liberals. Yuck.

Dealer A

Jan 13, 2018
I honestly didn't even know of Colin's political beliefs until I heard people complaining about him on these forums. I just thought him and Greg had a solid and enjoyable dynamic. If they worked together again I'd still probably listen. I just like taking in good video game discussions.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Ok. Why did you have to share that now I can't listen to him. Oh well quick delete. I would caution against guilt by association. It is a difficult slope.

Note I don't use social media. Outside of resetera I don't hear anything about anyone in a podcast.
Nope. There is no slippery slope when people like Ben Shapiro are involved

I honestly didn't even know of Colin's political beliefs until I heard people complaining about him on these forums. I just thought him and Greg had a solid and enjoyable dynamic. If they worked together again I'd still probably listen. I just like taking in good video game discussions.
I don't know how this is possible as he talked about his beliefs all the time

Also, Colin has been gone for 5 years now. You all really need to move on.

Last edited:

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Why is he a troll? Beacuse his opinion is different from yours? Hell, i completely agree with him. KF content gets stale fast. They always tend to agree on things, which makes discussions boring. I still listen to everything they put out, but thats more for the personalities attatched to the product. I also listen to Sacred Symbols, which is a fantastic podcast with a great community. There''s no hatred or racism that i've seen on the discord or that i've heard about on the several podcasts that that team produces. You might disagree with someone's political views, and that's perfectly fine, but to make them out to be the boogyman is a bit much. Hell, calling him right wing is insane, considering a lot of his viewpoints.

Yeah as a person who has seen stuff on that discord there's definitely racially backwards discourse that goes on there lol. Even from Colin himself, pushing back against the existence of systemic racism because of the easily demystified model minority myth, and perceived racial disparity "is just noise". I'm not talking about that tweet from 5 years ago btw, he's still on that rhetoric. I know no one is gonna have substantive pushback to your comment [because imagine anyone here being on his discord] but yeah I'm calling this post out as bs.

Some choice examples of backwards racial discourse from regulars: "Black people are damaged because "their culture"" [as opposed poor socioeconomic conditions breeding bad social outcomes regardless of race. Conditions that black people in the US have been forced/constrained into for centuries], "yes black people get longer sentences but also a black criminal often has a higher rap sheet than their white counterparts" [maybe because they get targeted more and their communities are over policed? And sentencing disparity exists regardless of prior criminal record], "It's just fact that you are less likely to get harmed by a white person than a black person" [more anti-black propaganda shit that ignores the socioeconomic factor], great replacement theory/race separationist sympathizing, "against multiculturalism", "anti-black racial disparity in policing is a BLM lie", "mail in voting is a complete scam" [constitutes as backwards racial discourse when voter suppression efforts disproportionality hit PoC communities and there's no non-negligible empirical basis against mail in voting aside from conservative/MAGA hysteria], misrepresenting/belittling "the lefts' claim of racism" by saying it's about "the left thinking white men are better than them and them not liking it". I can go on. Not to mention some incel shit and transphobic attitudes.

I mean, a woman that works/worked with Colin for some time on cls (Sophia?) is literally a kiwi farms user who has personally engaged in transphobic hate campaigns, one being against someone I know personally.

To me it is not surprising that this is the kind of community he has fostered.

Last edited:

Boppa

Apr 4, 2020
This is going to sound horrible but idc.

Greg has always sounded like a PlayStation infomercial and because of that I assumed Kinda Funny were more or less officially/unofficially backed by PlayStation. Last time I looked they were getting a bunch of PlayStation exclusive access so clearly they were being handled by Sony PR

The only other thing I know Greg from is a E3 Giant bomb video where he couldn't hold his alcohol became obnoxious ate chicken wings like a pig and took his shirt off being Kind of a dickhead, which for whatever seemed very authentic.

I'd like to say point that he also gave the impression of being Colin's best friend for years, built a hugely successful business with him (and a couple of other guys) and MUST have known the type of person Colin was and only removed him when it was a good financial decision.

Greg was clearly ok with tolerating dog whistles, racism and misogyny until it started publicly costing his business money and his solution was then pretending he (Colin) didn't exist and he (Greg) wasn't in any way responsible for his popularity. Colin may have gone full mask off publicly after but you can't tell me the people he was business partners with and worked with almost every day for years somehow had no idea what sort of person he was.

They were complicit and took zero responsibility for it and I think that's shitty.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017

Greg has always sounded like a PlayStation infomercial and because of that I assumed Kinda Funny were more or less officially/unofficially backed by PlayStation. Last time I looked they were getting a bunch of PlayStation exclusive access so clearly they were being handled by Sony PR

The only other thing I know Greg from is a E3 Giant bomb video where he couldn't hold his alcohol became obnoxious ate chicken wings like a pig and took his shirt off being Kind of a dickhead, which for whatever seemed very authentic.

I'd like to say point that he also gave the impression of being Colin's best friend for years, built a hugely successful business with him (and a couple of other guys) and MUST have known the type of person Colin was and only removed him when it was a good financial decision.

Greg was clearly ok with tolerating dog whistles, racism and misogyny until it started publicly costing his business money and his solution was then pretending he (Colin) didn't exist and he (Greg) wasn't in any way responsible for his popularity. Colin may have gone full mask off publicly after but you can't tell me the people he was business partners with and worked with almost every day for years somehow had no idea what sort of person he was.

They were complicit and took zero responsibility for it and I think that's shitty.
Removing Colin was not a good financial decision. They're Patreon went down after he left, and they have taken responsibility for it by becoming outspoken for leftist causes.

And 2016 was a wake up call for a lot of people and god forbid they grow and learn. :/

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Greg has always sounded like a PlayStation infomercial and because of that I assumed Kinda Funny were more or less officially/unofficially backed by PlayStation.

They're not. And Greg says negative things about PlayStation all the time. Most recently, he has criticized the current PS+ revamp and KF as a whole was incredibly blunt about Jim Ryan's bullshit regarding Roe v. Wade.

Last time I looked they were getting a bunch of PlayStation exclusive access so clearly they were being handled by Sony PR

No idea what you're referring to here. This is feels like borderline accusing KF of being paid shills.

I'd like to say point that he also gave the impression of being Colin's best friend for years, built a hugely successful business with him (and a couple of other guys) and MUST have known the type of person Colin was and only removed him when it was a good financial decision

What an absolutely terrible take.

Greg's actions (and KF as a whole) has made it clear where they stand on multiple issues. They are one of the most outspoken video game outlets on social issues -- if not the most outspoken. They call out workplace harassment on a regular basis and have dedicated full podcasts to asking people to vote for Joe Biden and supporting the Black Lives Matter protests.

Every single damn person on ResetEra -- including you -- has been close to someone with shitty views in their lives. People change over time. Sometimes they get better and try to grow and educate themselves on important issues (as Greg has done and spoken about openly). Sometimes they get worse and dive deeper into more extreme circles (like Colin).

No one is perfect. But what you're trying to accuse Greg of, in relation to Colin, is dishonest and gross.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017

Removing Colin was not a good financial decision. They're Patreon went down after he left, and they have taken responsibility for it by becoming outspoken for leftist causes.

And 2016 was a wake up call for a lot of people and god forbid they grow and learn. :/

ikr

I for one appreciate their proclivity to speak out since then.

Meanwhile, Colin: "hurr duur fake outrage" (though he said this in response to the leak, but while simultaneously going off about how the "the sanctity of the courts!" and how "the breach of the courts"is far more serious than 99% of the melodrama that goes on!" Me: [I can only hope he doesn't think abortion rights being stripped away is "just melodrama" but considering he just called it a fake outrage... I mean like even if you don't personally mind it being overturned, how is it "just melodrama"? lol. Just so incredibly out of touch and unempathetic. Speaking of unempathy, imagine "oh I had to pay for my loans so everyone else should have to too" being an unironic reason to be against loan cancellation. Jesus chroist.]

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I think when you are best friends with someone it is easy to see past their faults. We have all probably been in that situation before when a good friend said or behaved in a way but you forgave them. The thing with Colin is that he was able to reign in a lot of his views over time, but like all people in that situation, it started coming out more and more. And at some point, Greg realised this and had to not only end a long friendship, but also a great and succesful business partnership. It would have been hard for anyone.

I just find it strange that people judge Greg for it five years later, when he has not only clearly grown up but Kinda Funny is easily the most supportive of social issues of all the podcasts I listen to (and I listen to a lot). They do fundraising streams, Greg gets people in that area on his daily show, etc etc. He and the others are extremely outspoken, but because he put up with a bad friend for a few years, people still judge him for it.

The problem is, we treat media personalities like they are robots. As soon as they make a mistake they are judged for it. Which to a certain extent is fine, but we should also allow them to get better as a result of it. Gregs one mistake was putting up with a bad friend, which a lot of us have done, he himself hasn't said anything that could be construed as bigoted.

TwoDots

Oct 6, 2020
Collin is by far the most popular podcaster in the Netherlands. Almost everyone in the Dutch game industry is listing. No wonder he so successful
This doesn't surprise me, since there's a lot of right wingers to centrists in general, but especially in certain demographics - gamers being a big chunk of it.

If you look at the audiences and communities surrounding Power Unlimited, GameKings or many of the popular Dtuch YouTubers or streamers, than they all fit right in with C and others like him.

There's a growing right wing problem in the Netherlands (have been for a while) and unfortunately Gamers are an easily influenced/impressrd group by them.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
The Greg/Colin/Ryan version of Podcast Beyond is my favourite video game podcast ever and the early kinda funny podcasts carried on that mantle for me, unfortunately this was a road that was only ever going to go one way. I probably defended Colin back then and I know I'm wrong to have done so and I think Greg for all his qualities has never truly accepted that he should have done something sooner and truly denounced him afterwards. Even in Polygon's Interview with Greg he said that the person that posted on twitter wasn't the Colin he knew, I get that he was best friends with him for years but he's never truly 100% let that side/past go truly. This was truly a messy situation all-round for everyone involved and I'm glad that Greg has used his powers for good but 99% of their content isn't for me anymore, unfortunately my memories of the good times are now stained by Colin which kinda hurts when you listed to people everyweek for more than half a decade.

Boppa

Apr 4, 2020
They're not. And Greg says negative things about PlayStation all the time. Most recently, he has criticized the current PS+ revamp and KF as a whole was incredibly blunt about Jim Ryan's bullshit regarding Roe v. Wade.

No idea what you're referring to here. This is feels like borderline accusing KF of being paid shills.

What an absolutely terrible take.

Greg's actions (and KF as a whole) has made it clear where they stand on multiple issues. They are one of the most outspoken video game outlets on social issues -- if not the most outspoken. They call out workplace harassment on a regular basis and have dedicated full podcasts to asking people to vote for Joe Biden and supporting the Black Lives Matter protests.

Every single damn person on ResetEra -- including you -- has been close to someone with shitty views in their lives. People change over time. Sometimes they get better and try to grow and educate themselves on important issues (as Greg has done and spoken about openly). Sometimes they get worse and dive deeper into more extreme circles (like Colin).

No one is perfect. But what you're trying to accuse Greg of, in relation to Colin, is dishonest and gross.

They might take a stand in 2022, they didn't between 2015-2017 and I thought it was shitty. I am happy that they have made their views known since then, I haven't paid any attention to kinda funny since the incident which is why at the time they seemed like PlayStation salesman rather than independent journalists.

People change over time… that hasn't been my lived experience, the vast majority of adults stay exactly the same in regards to politics and views on minorities.

Yes everyone has to deal with people with shitty views, not everyone chooses to go into business with them. People are complicit (sometimes through unconscious bias) in racism, misogyny and homophobia every single day, It is par for the course for most cis white men and you're going to say that Greg had absolutely no idea what sort of person Colin was and say it's dishonest and gross to think that he very likely did. Would you go into business with someone you didn't know personally for years? It's not ok these days but apparently was fine to do in 2015.

I know my view will be in the minority here, I understand the fanbase for Kinda funny is huge and protective but as someone else in this thread said 2016 was a wake up call and I rolled my eyes… It wasn't a wake up call for minorities because we've been fighting this shit our entire life and it's not getting better it's getting worse (even with Joe Biden being president), women in the US are paying today for decisions made in 2016. LGBT people are probably going to lose the right to get married. Trans people continue being abused and erased. I am sincerely happy Kinda Funny are outspoken for the right reasons these days, it doesn't change that it gave Colin a huge platform that he became massively popular on and allowed it to be carried over to his own business. You can bet that young people listen to him think he's fucking rad and want to be successful just like him with his controversial takes and PS reviews. Would he be where he is without Kinda Funny?

You can't just pretend the bad parts of your business (or your favourite Patreon) never happened. He will always be associated with Kinda Funny, the vast majority of this thread is about him.

Giving a platform to dog whistling, racist, misogynists in 2015 and 2016 is how you all ended up with Donald Trump as president.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
They might take a stand in 2022, they didn't between 2015-2017 and I thought it was shitty. I am happy that they have made their views known since then, I haven't paid any attention to kinda funny since the incident which is why at the time they seemed like PlayStation salesman rather than independent journalists.

People change over time… that hasn't been my lived experience, the vast majority of adults stay exactly the same in regards to politics and views on minorities.

Yes everyone has to deal with people with shitty views, not everyone chooses to go into business with them. People are complicit (sometimes through unconscious bias) in racism, misogyny and homophobia every single day, It is par for the course for most cis white men and you're going to say that Greg had absolutely no idea what sort of person Colin was and say it's dishonest and gross to think that he very likely did. Would you go into business with someone you didn't know personally for years? It's not ok these days but apparently was fine to do in 2015.

I know my view will be in the minority here, I understand the fanbase for Kinda funny is huge and protective but as someone else in this thread said 2016 was a wake up call and I rolled my eyes… It wasn't a wake up call for minorities because we've been fighting this shit our entire life and it's not getting better it's getting worse (even with Joe Biden being president), women in the US are paying today for decisions made in 2016. LGBT people are probably going to lose the right to get married. Trans people continue being abused and erased. I am sincerely happy Kinda Funny are outspoken for the right reasons these days, it doesn't change that it gave Colin a huge platform that he became massively popular on and allowed it to be carried over to his own business. You can bet that young people listen to him think he's fucking rad and want to be successful just like him with his controversial takes and PS reviews. Would he be where he is without Kinda Funny?

You can't just pretend the bad parts of your business (or your favourite Patreon) never happened. He will always be associated with Kinda Funny, the vast majority of this thread is about him.

Giving a platform to dog whistling, racist, misogynists in 2015 and 2016 is how you all ended up with Donald Trump as president.

I mean, you're here saying things that are factually incorrect (accusing them of being paid shills, saying they got rid of Colin because it was the right thing for them financially, etc.) so it's clear you have an unfair bias against him and the crew.

Colin hasn't been with the company for years and it's very clear that he became a lot worse after leaving KF. The idea of, "Well, his solo venture wouldn't even be successful if not for KF!" is completely unfair. And like I said: everyone on Era has been friends with a shitty person at some point. That includes you. Every single person is guilty of what you're going after Greg for.

You even admit at the opening of this post that you "haven't paid attention to Kinda Funny since the incident." That was five and a half years ago. So I dunno, what's the point in entering a thread about them to be needlessly negative and make accusations?

Yes, a shitty person used to work for them years ago. Since leaving/being fired, he has gone deeper into a far right hole while Greg and KF have changed their business to the point where speaking up on important issues is one of the core factors of their platform. But fuck KF forever, no matter what? That's basically what you're saying.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I really hate that we can't have Kinda Funny threads on Era without it devolving into Colin bullshit. KF is a seven year old company and he's been gone from them for five of those years - he's a complete irrelevance to them at this point. He isn't talked about by them or by the community, none of his input is felt in the content and for all intents and purposes, he doesn't exist.

It seems to be only people who don't follow KF who love to bring him up any chance they get and it's very frustrating, as an actual fan, to see the same circular conversations time and time again.

Honestly feels like any thread about KF (besides the main community one) is not worth engaging with because of this, which is a real shame.

Boppa

Apr 4, 2020
I mean, you're here saying things that are factually incorrect (accusing them of being paid shills, saying they got rid of Colin because it was the right thing for them financially, etc.) so it's clear you have an unfair bias against him and the crew.

Colin hasn't been with the company for years and it's very clear that he became a lot worse after leaving KF. The idea of, "Well, his solo venture wouldn't even be successful if not for KF!" is completely unfair. And like I said: everyone on Era has been friends with a shitty person at some point. That includes you. Every single person is guilty of what you're going after Greg for.

You even admit at the opening of this post that you "haven't paid attention to Kinda Funny since the incident." That was five and a half years ago. So I dunno, what's the point in entering a thread about them to be needlessly negative and make accusations?

Yes, a shitty person used to work for them years ago. Since leaving/being fired, he has gone deeper into a far right hole while Greg and KF have changed their business to the point where speaking up on important issues is one of the core factors of their platform. But fuck KF forever, no matter what? That's basically what you're saying.

lmao,

I can't do this, you're way too defensive.

Being friend with a shitty person and going into business with a racist misogynist to make money is a huge false equivalence.

Just because someone is less racist or misogynistic on twitter before being exposed doesn't mean they were less racist irl.

At the start Greg was almost universally uncritical of PS and it's products, I get that it was his thing and Sony we're not paying him but giving uncritical analysis of a product from a multinational corp seemed sus. It's an opinion that I'm allowed to have, you don't have to share it, it's ok.

I already said I'm happy that kinda funny have grown into something better and more open about where they stand on social issues. So no it's not fuck KF forever it's valid criticism.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I really hate that we can't have Kinda Funny threads on Era without it devolving into Colin bullshit. KF is a seven year old company and he's been gone from them for five of those years - he's a complete irrelevance to them at this point. He isn't talked about by them or by the community, none of his input is felt in the content and for all intents and purposes, he doesn't exist.

It seems to be only people who don't follow KF who love to bring him up any chance they get and it's very frustrating, as an actual fan, to see the same circular conversations time and time again.

Honestly feels like any thread about KF (besides the main community one) is not worth engaging with because of this, which is a real shame.

Yeah that's where I am as well. Might as well still judge Xbox for Don Mattrick, that's how far removed Colin is from Kinda Funny.

As a society, we can't call people out for their shit and when they improve, continue to call them out. There need to be positive reinforcement. Kinda funny improved, and the fact that people still judge them for Colin five years later is crazy. Especially since most of Colin's bad work has been after he left; at KF he was clearly held in check.

Kinda Funny is great for the community, they have done so much great work on social issues, but instead of celebrating that every thread just turns into a shit feat because of Colin.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
It would be nice if we could have a KF thread on this site without racists coming in to defend someone who hasn't been involved with them for years now

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
At the start Greg was almost universally uncritical of PS and it's products, I get that it was his thing and Sony we're not paying him but giving uncritical analysis of a product from a multinational corp seemed sus. It's an opinion that I'm allowed to have, you don't have to share it, it's ok.

I'm sorry but this is demonstrably untrue. Go back and listen to Beyond when the PSN outage happened, or read Greg's review of Lair, for some old examples. Or any number of times he's been critical of PlayStation recently.

I mean sure he has focused more on PS than other platforms down the years, but to say he's "almost universally uncritical" is just flat out wrong.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT

Yep it's crazy at this point, it always devolves into the same conversation of people bringing up Colin. He's ancient history, they have an incredible diverse team, they spotlight minority voices, and have raised an incredible amount of money for so many worthy causes since that time. They have been this company for many years at this point. People need to fucking let go already.