• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

thanks dude.

I've been in the indie scene for awhile, even tried to submit my own game to the first Kinda Funny Games showcase but didn't make the cut. I've seen a lot of these games and met a few of these devs over the course of a few E3s and Indiecades and I strongly feel the more signal boosting any of them can get the better. They all deserve attention and I'm glad Kinda Funny is putting them on a pedestal. There's just so, so, SO many video games in the industry to it's tough to get seen.

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
thanks dude.

I've been in the indie scene for awhile, even tried to submit my own game to the first Kinda Funny Games showcase but didn't make the cut. I've seen a lot of these games and met a few of these devs over the course of a few E3s and Indiecades and I strongly feel the more signal boosting any of them can get the better. They all deserve attention and I'm glad Kinda Funny is putting them on a pedestal. There's just so, so, SO many video games in the industry to it's tough to get seen.
I highly doubt this will be the last Showcase so I hope you make it on one sometime!

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
I can see the gameplay potential in this, clearing and breaching rooms, choosing when to fire or arrest, but it seems like such an awfully tone deaf idea. I can see it catching some flak..

He says get down and they don't so BLAM BLAM BLAM
Feels literally like the mentality of 'comply and you won't die' (but you still might) condensed in to videogame form, fetishising and gamefying the dispensation of police violence... I dunno. Just doesn't feel right.
Yeah it's really not going to go over well with some people. I'm currently reserving harsh judgment, but it felt completely out of place from the rest of the conference. From the little we know so far, it seems like a game that doesn't need to be given a platform.

Is it just me, or did Foregone look like they massively ripped off their designs from Dead Cells? Especially the enemies
Okay! I thought the same thing. I was waiting for the Motion Twin logo to come up, but then it never did. It's not just the art, either, because a lot of the player character's motion seems the same too. The way she hugs walls, the slam-into-the-ground power move, all of it. I guess this is the most sincere form of flattery.

Posted this in the KindaFunny OT but...

Crazy how a group of guys who were working out of a spare bedroom a couple years ago can put together a tighter games presentation than most of the multi-million/billion dollar companies.

Not necessarily better but they just do simple shit that makes the presentation more viewer-friendly. The graphics in the corner with names, platforms, release windows, etc along with explanations of what the game is seem so simple but they're shockingly uncommon. I love those!
Yeah they're doing amazing work for sure. It helps that most of the games in the conference (AMC Walking Dead notwithstanding) have little individual pull. So KF can just make the conference they want to make without a lot of executive meddling.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Full list of games
#1- Bloodroots
#2- Hamsterdam
#3- Speed Brawl
#4- Wave Break
#5- Super Space Club
#6- An/round
#7- Trackher
#8- Looking for Heals
#9- One Night Stand
#10- The Inner Friend
#11- Aground
#12- Refactor
#13- Pig Eat Ball
#14- Standby
#15- Demagnete
#16 - Falcon Age
#17- Walking Dead Onslaught
#18 - Battlewake
#19 - Rawmen
#20- Afterparty
#21- Trigger Witch
#22- Solace State
#23 - Freedom Finger
#24 - Ribitting Sage
#25 - Wooden Nickel
#26- Etherborn
#27 - Skatebird
#28 - The Gardens Between
#29 - Renaine
#30 - Starstruck
#31- Sneaky Ninja
#32 - Undermine
#33- Monster Prom 2 Holiday Season
#34- Summer Catchers
#35 - The Sinking City
#36- Fling to the Finish
#37- Gunsport
#38- Bombfest
#39- Lonely Mountains Downhill
#40- Starcrossed
#41- Police Stories
#42- Brave Earth Prologue
#43- Astalon Tears of the Earth
#44- Treachery in Beatdown City
#45- Tamarin
#46- Stoneshard
#47- Stronghold Warlords
#48- Lucifer Within Us
#49- #Funtime
#50- Half Past Fate
#51- Superliminal
#52- Undying
#53- CastleStorm II
#54- Trials of Fire
#55- Mare
#56- Deliver Us The Moon
#57- Recompile
#58- Forgone
#59- Relic Hunters Legend
#60- Warborn
#61- Lost Ember
#62- Adams Ascending
There was also an Upload.VR.com message thing. Dunno if that counted as a reveal.