• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Regarding Yakuza, I'm predicting Kiwami PC to shadow drop, Judge Eyes release date, Yakuza 3 PS4 release date and the 6 PC port announcement.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Judge Eyes needs a western title first lol

And are they going to port 6 to PC straight away? I figured they might skip to Kiwami 2, then run through 3-5 before getting to 6. It's easier to release them in order on a new platform.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Judge Eyes needs a western title first lol

And are they going to port 6 to PC straight away? I figured they might skip to Kiwami 2, then run through 3-5 before getting to 6. It's easier to release them in order on a new platform.

wvif4Ea.png

https://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/release/201903_1q_hosoku_20180802_final_e.pdf

They've been planning this for a while now just like how the 0 and Kiwami ports showed up on SteamDB in May of 2017 so I'd assume so. The game is so amazing but my god do the technical issues weigh it down. Kiwami 2 was better in that regard but 6 on the base PS4 is just brutal.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Now that we're less than a day away I'm very excited! I have a good feeling it's going to be great (for what it is).

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
69 games in just over a hour sounds insane, i doubt i'll even remember half of them at that pace lol

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
wvif4Ea.png

https://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/release/201903_1q_hosoku_20180802_final_e.pdf

They've been planning this for a while now just like how the 0 and Kiwami ports showed up on SteamDB in May of 2017 so I'd assume so. The game is so amazing but my god do the technical issues weigh it down. Kiwami 2 was better in that regard but 6 on the base PS4 is just brutal.
April was a long time ago, so I'd assume that's a mistake. And meh, the biggest issue with Yakuza 6 is the lack of content.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
April was a long time ago, so I'd assume that's a mistake. And meh, the biggest issue with Yakuza 6 is the lack of content.

?

Did you misread? That's the PS4 release date. This financial report is from August. Also this isn't the only piece of evidence, the cover for Yakuza 6 has the "PS4 console exclusive" tag instead of "Only on Playstation". Same thing with 0 and Kiwami and they're on PC too. This has definitely been in the works for a while now.

voK1Pde.png

ZG2WMdJ.jpg

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
?

Did you misread? That's the PS4 release date. This financial report is from August. Also this isn't the only piece of evidence, the cover for Yakuza 6 has the "PS4 console exclusive" tag instead of "Only on Playstation". Same thing with 0 and Kiwami and they're on PC too. This has definitely been in the works for a while now.

voK1Pde.png

ZG2WMdJ.jpg
I read it just fine, that financial report is regarding their FY Q1 which went from April to June and those are the games that came out in that quarter (Yakuza 6 in the west, Persona 3/5 Dancing in Japan/Asia). It has nothing to do with future releases.

And I never said Yakuza 6 wouldn't come to PC, it obviously will eventually, I just think it'd be weird if they release them in the same order as the PS4 since it's technically a new audience for the series. I think they'd be better of leaving it until after they've done all the other ports.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The most interesting thing about this, for me, is seeing somebody relatively on the "outside" do a games conference. Greg has been watching all the same stuff we do and reacting to it. Let's see if he can walk the walk.

No matter how it goes, the event is already just a cool thing. I like watching Greg work, so I'm sure it'll be jolly.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
SOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU----------PEEEEEEEEEEEEER----------------------MAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure if my heart can take another disappointment expecting Yakuza Ishin to be announced for the west. :(

Oct 26, 2017
Any possibility of Switch game announcements? At least any not by indies?

Edit: NISA might have something since they have an announcement. Hopefully.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
If this is mostly an indie show, I'm sure more than half of these will be Switch games. I believe Greg said something along the lines of them mostly featuring console games on account of the KF guys only playing console.

To be fair pretty much everything that isn't Sony/Nintendo first party is also on PC. And yeah, since it indie/3rd party games I assume a lot of it is also on Switch.

gameovergreggy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA
If this is mostly an indie show, I'm sure more than half of these will be Switch games. I believe Greg said something along the lines of them mostly featuring console games on account of the KF guys only playing console.
Hey--

If I did, I misspoke. As this is a show packing a lot of indies, PC is the lead platform on most titles. TONS of consoles, too, but PC is on pretty much everything.

Greg

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
There're revealing the Avengers game, Harry Potter game and Rocksteadys DC game.

It's all been confirmed, no take backs now. Has to happen.