• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Kind of spitting on Colin's legacy if you ask me. Disrespectful

Nah. He did it to himself. Colin chose to be a piece of shit. The only thing they did wrong was keeping him around as long as they did.

I remember, before any of the controversy broke over his "funny" tweet, I was commenting on the old site about the previous episode of PS I Love You where Colin was talking about Horizon Zero Dawn and how White people shouldn't try to help people of colour or be allies to marginalized groups. He is literal garbage from the garbage can. People who support Colin are terrible people like he is.

In case any Colin defense force comes in with "no he didn't".

Here it is (time stamped):

He literally gets upset that "A white person can't dress up as an Indian on Halloween". Direct quote. If you listen to the whole conversation he goes way further with it. Again, people who defend Colin; Garbage.

Last edited:

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know who this Blessing person is, but I loved PSILY before it fell apart. I'm glad it's coming back. I kinda fell off KF with all their new silly/stupid things they started doing, but I'll jump back in to check this out.

Stixitnu

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 9, 2018
User Banned (1 Month): Inflammatory Drive-By Posting; Numerous Prior Bans for Inflammatory Behavior
christ y'all are toxic lol

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know who this Blessing person is, but I loved PSILY before it fell apart. I'm glad it's coming back. I kinda fell off KF with all their new silly/stupid things they started doing, but I'll jump back in to check this out.
Yeah. Once they started doing more and focusing on the silly/stupid stuff they do I kinda checked out but I'm going to check this out.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
I dont remember exactly what happened but she said something on a Games Daily that upset people on here. That might be part of it. But I personally think most of the part time cast like Andrea, Jared Petty and others joined KF as a pit stop to help build their own brand.

Edit: nevermind other poster had the correct answer.

I think the episode you're referring to was the one where one of the news stories was Notch getting his name removed from the credits of Minecraft or something. Andrea had a pretty milquetoast response to it, thinking that Notch being removed wasn't a huge deal and that it was overblown or something

that being said, I really like Andrea's more realistic and business-y POV compared to other cohosts, but Notch is a right wing q anon conspiracy freak and I was pretty disappointed with her view on it

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
I think the episode you're referring to was the one where one of the news stories was Notch getting his name removed from the credits of Minecraft or something. Andrea had a pretty milquetoast response to it, thinking that Notch being removed wasn't a huge deal and that it was overblown or something

that being said, I really like Andrea's more realistic and business-y POV compared to other cohosts, but Notch is a right wing q anon conspiracy freak and I was pretty disappointed with her view on it

Didn't Greg Miller also kind of just hand-wave the issues surrounding PewDiePie and Notch as well?

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Nah. He did it to himself. Colin chose to be a piece of shit. The only thing they did wrong was keeping him around as long as they did.

I remember, before any of the controversy broke over his "funny" tweet, I was commenting on the old site about the previous episode of PS I Love You where Colin was talking about Horizon Zero Dawn and how White people shouldn't try to help people of colour or be allies to marginalized groups. He is literal garbage from the garbage can. People who support Colin are terrible people like he is.

He literally gets upset that "A white person can't dress up as an Indian on Halloween". Direct quote. If you listen to the whole conversation he goes way further with it. Again, people who defend Colin; Garbage.

Wow listening to this conversation you can see how Greg has changed since then.

Goldenroad

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Wow listening to this conversation you can see how Greg has changed since then.

For sure. Greg is a prime example of how cutting toxic people out of your life can actually make you a better person. KF just basically started out as 5 white dudes and now they actually celebrate and promote diversity in a way that NEVER would have happened if Colin stuck around. I'm not saying Greg was a bad person either, but the fact that he had to sit there an entertain Colin's alt-right bullshit week after week definitely made their programming far worse. Some points of view do not deserve equal consideration and I'm glad they finally all realized that after a while.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Greg Miller also kind of just hand-wave the issues surrounding PewDiePie and Notch as well?

I'd have to go back and relisten but from what I remember I don't think Greg necessarily hand waved it

I could tell Greg tried to take the opposite approach since he's dealt with brand perception and certain people being associated (Colin) but I don't think he ended up challenging Andrea on her position much

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
I'd have to go back and relisten but from what I remember I don't think Greg necessarily hand waved it

I could tell Greg tried to take the opposite approach since he's dealt with brand perception and certain people being associated (Colin) but I don't think he ended up challenging Andrea on her position much

www.resetera.com

Greg Miller and Andrea Rene handwave Notch and PewDiePie racist, transphobic and anti-semitic behaviour (UP: GM and AR respond; see threadmarks)

On yesterday's episode of KindaFunny Games Daily, Greg Miller and Andrea Rene discuss the "Minecraft Drama", which is centered on Microsoft announcing that they were not inviting Notch to the 10 year Minecraft anniversary because of his comments and opinions. They also discussed PewDiePie...

I remember reading some of this passively. I don't care for their content anyway but I was referring to this. Anyway, a lot of people are excited for this so I'm glad they are getting what they want.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Just watched this and watched the Games Daily eps so far this week too. Good talking points for the PlayStation show. Not really feeling much passion from Blessing. I can't really get a bead on what this dude is all about. He seems like he enjoys games and has his head somewhat in the industry but many of his comments and questions tell me he isn't in love with any of it. Seems to start and stop a lot of games. Doesn't know some commonly talked about info. He isn't strongly opinionated one way or the other. Maybe if I watch more of his content I'll get a better feel for him but right now he's just sorta there.

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
Marty Sliva? Did something happen with him?
Well. They hung out all the time. She's obviously attractive. They drank together all the time, worked together all the time, partied together all the time, did even side projects together all the time. Then he left ign randomly and she left for funhaus after that. They never hung out ever after that.

you do the math. 100% something happened in terms of their relationship. He said or did something and they split. It's easy to see. I think most people, including myself, think IGN and Alanah told him, hey look, we will let you live your life and not talk smack about you so long as you never come back to the industry and leave IGN. So, smartly, he did that. I commend him on that at least.

trappedinsap

Jul 26, 2019
Well, I listened to the new episode. It was... fine? I'll give it another 2 or 3 shots, but like most of the KF content over the past while, it's not what I'm looking for. Good on Blessing for getting where he wanted to go.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
First time watching this and I have to say its not for me. The content they discuss (especially the PS5 rumors and speculation) isn't very interesting, I was looking for some deeper commentary and unique thoughts.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
First time watching this and I have to say its not for me. The content they discuss (especially the PS5 rumors and speculation) isn't very interesting, I was looking for some deeper commentary and unique thoughts.

Kinda Funny never offered that at any point, don't waste any more of your time.

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
Kinda Funny never offered that at any point, don't waste any more of your time.
Yeah KF is very "ok let's talk about some things and when it gets super deep let's cut to a new topic or make a dumb 'in' joke that nobody besides the people who watch their non-gaming content knows about". Love them, but commentary isn't their thing. I haven't really found anyone who's done deep commentary on anything though. So they suffice

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
That was fucking great. I missed this show. And Blessing was really great to listen to. I'll be back for more next week.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really know how I feel about this. The episode was so so. We'll see how it develops in the coming weeks.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
I've fallen away from KF for awhile now because I find that they seem to be playing less and less games, and certainly finishing them. Some people might not care, but my favorite podcast was the GI show before the firings because there would be someone who reviewed games on each episode. And that meant deeper discussions than "played it for half a hour, wasn't my thing, saving that other game for my next flight".

Gonna happily give the show a chance though.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017

I remember this. He also said some shit like (Im paraphrasing) "games shouldnt have diverse characters unless the story specifically calls for it, otherwise it's "forced diversity" (implying that the characters should all be white dudes, unless they give a specific story reason otherwise) and I just couldn't believe the bullshit I was hearing.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Checked it out yesterday and enjoyed it for the most part. Two hours was overkill, so thank goodness for timestamps so I could skip ahead. This was my first time hearing Blessing and he wasn't bad. I'm eager to see how the show continues since I enjoyed the original PSILY and Beyond.

Sems4arsenal

Apr 7, 2019
Colin and Greg's PS I Love you was my favorite gaming related content. Sucks about how Colin turned out.

Will give this a listen. Kinda surprised Tim isn't co host; he is pretty knowledgeable when it comes to PlayStation.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good. Colin spit on his own legacy when he became juniors first alt right figure head. Now he hosts a podcast with a gamergater and signal boosts nazis but hey he sure talked nice about playstation.
do you mind sharing where and how he did these things? you can PM me. But I think it's important that if you are going to throw people under the bus, you should provide proof.

Creed Bratton

Aug 29, 2019
Not sure how I feel about this. In the last year or two, it's started to feel like Greg will say he loves just about everything to keep on getting hosting gigs outside of Kinda Funny, so I have a hard time seeing him as a non-biased voice. With plenty more sources of solid discussion out there, I can't say I'm super excited about him bringing it back.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Colin and Greg's PS I Love you was my favorite gaming related content. Sucks about how Colin turned out.

Will give this a listen. Kinda surprised Tim isn't co host; he is pretty knowledgeable when it comes to PlayStation.
I'm glad he's not, I don't find him very knowledgeable on games in general TBH. I like Greg, but I really cannot stand Tim, I stopped listening to them completely because of him.

Glad they brought this back tho, I can see myself checking in every now and again.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blessing is great and good episode overall. I honestly like Greg to be changed or at least have a third revolving chair?
do you mind sharing where and how he did these things? you can PM me. But I think it's important that if you are going to throw people under the bus, you should provide proof.
There's a reason why Colin's content and topic is banned here on this site.