• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, we had 'what is a Strand game?' for far too long, let's not start with questioning this one already… At least wait until it's announced! 😅

I'm just curious is all. A Strand game is a genre, but cloud-based is purely mechanical. It's almost like a new platform, if Kojima specifically intends to leverage the unique capabilities of the cloud in ways nobody else ever has.

Jul 26, 2018
With all the hype around Hideo Kojima making the Abandoned game, Jeff Grubb reporting that Kojima is making a cloud game exclusively with Xbox is going to break the internet if/when it's officially revealed.
Idk cause Death Stranding was ground breaking. I wonder if it's a game that's really unique to be cloud based, or just an incremental step with a few specific features that warrants the game be cloud only.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
I hope it isn't Xbox only. Not having Kojima unleashed in the dual sense would be a disservice. I'm hoping multiple systems.

I've got to wonder, why would he go with Xbox? I mean, Sony is still invested with Death Stranding DX aren't they? I imagine money can be the deciding factor but I doubt Sony wouldn't match and his game would have a bigger audience on ps4/PS5.

of course he could really be buying into the "Xcloud will be the Netflix of gaming" hype which may very well happen even if I'm not convinced.

I continue to believe a lot of what Grubb says but take it with a grain of salt as his Xbox live leak (not F2P going free, Gold going free altogether) was dramatically off so I wonder if his Xbox connections are always feeding him solid info or just potential discussions that don't necessarily mean they went somewhere
People continue to drag on Grubb for the XBL things and I am not sure I get it - I think it quite believable that an internal source informed of a long term plan to drop XBL, even if that contrasted with a short term XBL increase.

Grubb stood by his guns regarding Hellblade 2, even when the Reddit leak (that was being confirmed by each and every preceding event) led most to believe otherwise. Grubb has earned the benefit of the doubt at the very least.

I also don't get the wishing it was a multiple systems belief. It is clear Kojima wants access to the cloud for this title, and he is going with the best platform for that. In that sense, Xbox possesses the largest possible audience - Xbox Game Pass dwarfs PS Now subscribers, and its console | PC | Mobile infrastructure is essentially unrivaled in the industry.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Yeah it sounds like he's said all that he knows.

My question is…why wasn't this announced at E3? Would've been a megaton to announce there are the 2 great minds working on an Xbox game.
Because the deal isn't close yet, when he first talked about this in April he said the deal was going through the lawyers, apparently it's still in this stage before being fully done.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it isn't Xbox only. Not having Kojima unleashed in the dual sense would be a disservice. I'm hoping multiple systems.

I've got to wonder, why would he go with Xbox? I mean, Sony is still invested with Death Stranding DX aren't they? I imagine money can be the deciding factor but I doubt Sony wouldn't match and his game would have a bigger audience on ps4/PS5.

of course he could really be buying into the "Xcloud will be the Netflix of gaming" hype which may very well happen even if I'm not convinced.

I continue to believe a lot of what Grubb says but take it with a grain of salt as his Xbox live leak (not F2P going free, Gold going free altogether) was dramatically off so I wonder if his Xbox connections are always feeding him solid info or just potential discussions that don't necessarily mean they went somewhere
Didn't Xbox update xCloud so that you can use the DualShock 4? I'm sure they'll add DualSense support. Plus it's most likely going to be on PC as well, so you can use it there if you have a good rig.

Me personally, I'll buy that streaming stick for this.

Oct 27, 2017
People continue to drag on Grubb for the XBL things and I am not sure I get it - I think it quite believable that an internal source informed of a long term plan to drop XBL, even if that contrasted a short term XBL increase.

Grubb stood by his guns regarding Hellblade 2, even when the Reddit leak (that was being confirmed by each and every preceding event) led most to believe otherwise. Grubb has earned the benefit of the doubt at the very least.

I also don't get the wishing it was a multiple systems belief. It is clear Kojima wants access to the cloud for this title, and he is going with the best platform for that. In that sense, Xbox possesses the largest possible audience - Xbox Game Pass dwarfs PS Now subscribers, and its console | PC | Mobile availability is essentially unrivaled in the industry.
I get that and I mean no disrespect to Grubb. I edited my post to remove that. I did not realize my post would get that type of immediate reaction and I am sorry.

On the subject of the cloud, couldn't he just license Azure for any system? Isn't Sony using Azure for their cloud gaming in the future?

As I've said already, I will play it wherever it lands. If its on game pass, even better, I will play it there.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
With all the hype around Hideo Kojima making the Abandoned game, Jeff Grubb reporting that Kojima is making a cloud game exclusively with Xbox is going to break the internet if/when it's officially revealed.
The Abandoned truthers are driving me nuts lol. That thread was good fun but the vibes were off from Day 1... people still on the Abandoned hype train have their heads in the clouds (ironic?)

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
I get that and I mean no disrespect to Grubb. I edited my post to remove that. I did not realize my post would get that type of immediate reaction and I am sorry.

On the subject of the cloud, couldn't he just license Azure for any system? Isn't Sony using Azure for their cloud gaming in the future?

As I've said already, I will play it wherever it lands. If its on game pass, even better, I will play it there.
Fair enough - No need to apologize! And you are correct, I believe. Playstation did agree to partner with Microsoft on the use of Azure to power their cloud streaming activities.

But it is rather apparent that Playstation is relatively quite behind Xbox in that regard. PS Now is treated as a second class service within Playstation's own portfolio, and cloud even less so. I do think a Kojima cloud project could be an injection of life into their offerings, but he may wish to partner with a platform that has a wider cloud customer base.

I still think we will see an exclusive Kojima title for PS5 - perhaps that is the aforementioned rumored big title.

Joe White

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
It could be great to see what happens, when Kojima is unleashed from constraints of console capabilities into near unlimited power of the cloud solutions and its many services (especially when some big tech picking up the bill). Designing new experiences and play without limits.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
The Abandoned truthers are driving me nuts lol. That thread was good fun but the vibes were off from Day 1... people still on the Abandoned hype train have their heads in the clouds (ironic?)
I don't blame some people for having fun with it, but I agree with you, others are probably going a little too far with the conspiracy.

Last edited:

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna be honest, Jeff. I don't really care about teases anymore. Either tell us what you know or let the companies announce it when they're ready.
Why people are getting emotional over... someone teasing leaks ?

If you don't like it, ignore him on Twitter and don't enter threads talking about it ? How can it be so personal for some people ? I'll never understand.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
Reporter is a very kind spin on it. He has access to insider info, as do many other, like Jason Schreier or Imran Khan but they don't do the same thing.
Jason Schreier, Imran Khan and Jeff Grubb basically all do the exact same thing. They're all excellent reporters who have inside knowledge and are reputable journalists. Just because you don't like what a journalist has to say, doesn't make them any less valid at their job.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I understand why you might come to that conclusion. I just want to see Kojima build a game around the dual sense features. It can be multiplatform.

Can you please explain/expand on this? I feel like you keep repeating that you want a multiplatform game built around Dual Sense, but there is only one platform that supports dual sense, so how do you propose that would work?

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Plz tell me the difference between Jason and Jeff?
Jason does investigative work that deals with broader issues that who is making what or what's going to be at the xbox conference or not. Jason revealed The Last of Us Remake as part of his story about happenings at Sony Studios and issues some teams were facing.

He didn't tweet out Naughty Dog is making The Last of Us Part 2 as soon as he found out. Not saying that is exactly what Jeff Grubb does, but it sure seems that way to me.

Whatever the bar is that journalists have, to give studios the opportunity to announce and show games the way they want to, Jeff Grub certainly has a different threshold.

I actually don't believe that Game development needs to be as much of a secret as it is, but I also don't think it's the media's job to divulge every project they know of.

Apr 27, 2018
Dumb question time:

If Kojima's next game is on Xbox, if a game is Series X/S exclusive, I can still play it on the Xbox One X right? The Xbox names are confusing.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
If you build bridges to connect strands, what do you build to connect clouds? 🤔

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
Jason does investigative work that deals with broader issues that who is making what or what's going to be at the xbox conference or not. Jason revealed The Last of Us Remake as part of his story about happenings at Sony Studios and issues some teams were facing.

He didn't tweet out Naughty Dog is making The Last of Us Part 2 as soon as he found out. Not saying that is exactly what Jeff Grubb does, but it sure seems that way to me.

Whatever the bar is that journalists have, to give studios the opportunity to announce and show games the way they want to, Jeff Grub certainly has a different threshold.

I actually don't believe that Game development needs to be as much of a secret as it is, but I also don't think it's the media's job to divulge every project they know of.
It couldn't be more clear you don't know much about Jeff Grubb if you honestly think he leaks everything he knows just for clout. He holds a lot of his knowledge close to his chest, often withholds information to not take anything away from the dev, but is a reporter all the same who does his job well.

It's funny how a lot of threads based on reporter information turn into an anti-reporter rhetoric when people don't like the information they're reporting..

May 14, 2021

If you don't like it, ignore him on Twitter and don't enter threads talking about it ? How can it be so personal for some people ? I'll never understand.
Because it involves Xbox instead of PlayStation. Oh no I might have to play in a different ecosystem. The horror!

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
I do feel bad for all the abandoned ppl if this is true, although maybe Koji can multitask
If the Abandoned thing isn't related to Kojima, then I don't feel bad for them at all. They will get destroyed by Kojima fans for something I think is deliberate teasing, but they also raised the awareness of their project.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Dumb question time:

If Kojima's next game is on Xbox, if a game is Series X/S exclusive, I can still play it on the Xbox One X right? The Xbox names are confusing.

If a game is Series X/S exclusive, that means it's exclusive to Series X/S consoles (see Flight Sim, or The Medium for example). Like how if a game is PS5 exclusive, it's exclusive to PS5 consoles (see Demon's Souls and Returnal for example). XBOX One doesn't factor into games that are exclusively coming out for Series X/S consoles.

Regardless this game isn't "confirmed" to be exclusive to Series X/S, as much as it is seemingly "confirmed" to work with Xcloud infrastructure in some way, which is not exclusive to XBOX One or XBOX Series X/S.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
care-bears-comic-674x1024.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Can you please explain/expand on this? I feel like you keep repeating that you want a multiplatform game built around Dual Sense, but there is only one platform that supports dual sense, so how do you propose that would work?

I admit my initial wording isn't correct in the "built around it" but I think it can still work.

Like how Control UE, Call of Duty, NBA 2K21, Hades will use the haptics and adaptive triggers. He could very much still do this in a multiplatform game I imagine, but have it work without it for any user that doesn't have a dualsense or turns those features off on PS5.
No offense taken, but if we're keeping score at home he had Project Omen (Redfall), Typhoon (Contraband), and correctly predicted what was and wasn't going to be at E3 for Xbox. He literally had the Sea of Thieves and Pirates of the Caribbean cross over lol.
You are correct. He does have a good track record. I do not mean to hold one example over him at all and again, am sorry for that my initial post came across skeptical.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY

I get annoyed with the constant rumor mongering that seems to come from a lot of these supposed "insiders". And no, this isn't exclusive to Xbox given the recent Blue Box and Switch Pro rumors.

I'd ignore people like him, but it permeates into every corner of gaming journalism and social media.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
User Banned (5 Days): Antagonizing Fellow Member; Prior Ban for Hostility
Grubb took no time at all becoming the most obnoxious journo in gaming. Teases are getting old, you really shouldn't care about your clout or building hype for game companies. Either be candid about what you know or keep your yap shut.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Reporter is a very kind spin on it. He has access to insider info, as do many other, like Jason Schreier or Imran Khan but they don't do the same thing.

All three of them are professional gaming journalists, al three clearly have sources, and all three have had no problem teasing things out in the past.

It always makes me chuckle when this place gets it's Two Minutes Hate on for "insiders".

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
Grubb took no time at all becoming the most obnoxious journo in gaming. Teases are getting old, you really shouldn't care about your clout or building hype for game companies. Either be candid about what you know or keep your yap shut.
He literally wrote an article about this going into detail about what he knows, the hell are you talking about?

Oct 25, 2017

Saying Kim Swift is going to help Kojima make an Xbox exclusive cloud game isn't a tease. It is the candid reporting you are asking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.