• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
They shouldn't of let her wear it if they didn't expect it to come back partially damaged. Don't get mad at my take get mad at the people who were tasked to preserve the dress lol.

Find God.
Still makes her an egotistical dumbass for deciding to destroy a dress she had no right trying to fit in.

Also "Find god?" The fuck do you think you are with that?

Oh you are a Kanye stan, guess that explains the idiocy

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That dress went for nearly $5 million. Who in their right mind would loan it out, especially to Kim Kardashian? Their sizes aren't the same.

DirtySprite3

Banned
Sep 13, 2019
"Still makes her an egotistical dumbass for deciding to destroy a dress she had no right trying to fit in."

Also "Find god?" The fuck do you think you are with that?

Oh you are a Kanye stan, guess that explains the idiocy
"Had no right trying to fit in" lmao it's a dress that I'm sure she paid to put on, so she had every right to try to fit in it. You're seething over a 60 yr old dress but I'm the one being an idiot? Have a good day.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
"Find God" absolutely kills me as a remark
I hate kanye for that shit because that shit will not leave my vocabulary i fear

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, not even blaming her for this, whoever gave the ok for this was foolish thinking nothing would happen to the dress

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I can't believe they actually let her wear such a iconic item at all let alone let her wear it to an event.

Such a horrible family.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Outbid the Smithsonian for it.

Im going to venture to guess that the Smithsonian probably wouldn't have loaned it out to a celebrity for a photo op. Ripley's got exactly what they wanted out of this. A bunch of free publicity. And not they want to pretend that the dress was some priceless sacred artifact. Fuck outta here.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
"Had no right trying to fit in" lmao it's a dress that I'm sure she paid to put on, so she had every right to try to fit in it. You're seething over a 60 yr old dress but I'm the one being an idiot? Have a good day.
I'm not even mad about that, I just personally find the "find god" comment to be ignorant, disgusting and pathetic tbh which is no surprise if you picked it up from a piece of shit like Kanye. Maybe learn some better language.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
They shouldn't of let her wear it if they didn't expect it to come back partially damaged. Don't get mad at my take get mad at the people who were tasked to preserve the dress lol.

Find God.

I said what I said. Wear that dress out now and see how many dudes send a drink your way.

You want a cookie for correcting me and knowing three languages? Doesn't change the fact the dress is mid imo.
Why are you so angry about this?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
The owner of the dress is really getting their money's worth of press attention.

Wonder how well it will translate into ticket sales for them.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm genuinely at a loss as to why anyone cares (though it is silly she thought she could fit in that).

We_care_a_lot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Summerside PEI
Thinly veiled Kim Kardashian hate thread. Dress was 60 yrs old wtf did they expect. Design of dress sucks anyways, Kim shouldn't of wasted her time with this.
Yah the replies calling her human garbage and all that…..I just don't know about this board anymore guys.

I feel like despite being billed as 'the progressive forum for video games' I see raging misogyny here every single day, unchecked.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why give her the dress in the first place is all that should be considered. She can wear whatever. Doesn't mean she and the entire Kardashian/Jenner family still isn't absolutely awful, but this over a dress isn't part of that.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yah the replies calling her human garbage and all that…..I just don't know about this board anymore guys.

I feel like despite being billed as 'the progressive forum for video games' I see raging misogyny here every single day, unchecked.
People don't dislike her because she is a woman. They dislike her because she is a terrible person who is apart of a terrible family.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
She ruined a piece of history but then I suppose that piece of history ended up in the hands of Ripley so was doomed anyway.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if you want something to stay pristine you shouldn't let people wear it. Kim could have fit the dress perfectly and took every precaution and someone else could have spilled a drink on it or some shit. I don't even know why this is in the news or titled this way when I think it's the fools who lent it out that are at fault more than anyone. And I know famous people often get to do this with clothes or jewelry and my answer's the same, don't lend out things you aren't willing to lose.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
User Warned: Thread Whining
On the list of things I couldn't give less of a fuck about this would probably be up there

Stath

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Mar 4, 2022
Well that's kind of a weird and unnecessary waste. I'm sure some people have some real regrets about how this all went down, haha.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
The museum handing this dress out to Kim is greedy as fuck and Kim's arrogance is also a cause of this.

As to people saying this doesn't matter, I just think you're a bit ignorant tbh.

Kabuki Waq

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Personally I don't think Monroe deserves the revrance that she gets. What in particular is so special about her or the dress?

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Not sticking up for the lifestyles of the rich and famous here but honestly, it's so old you can consider it damaged if it's worn today by anyone, anywhere.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Ah, yes. Marilyn Monroe, the epitome of class having an affair with a man who was married with children.

Attractiveness =/= Class

You can choose to limit her story to just that, but I like to remember the story about what she did for Ella Fitzgerald:

www.yahoo.com

Marilyn Monroe's extraordinarily kind gesture that helped Ella Fitzgerald's career

CNN examined the life of iconic actress Marilyn Monroe during a three-hour special on Sunday

"My very favorite person, and I love her as a person as well as a singer, I think she's the greatest and that's Ella Fitzgerald," Monroe once said.

Monroe's longtime friend Amy Greene discussed the star's love for the Black singer, saying Monroe played Fitzgerald's records all the time. Greene also discussed how Monroe got Fitzgerald booked at the popular restaurant club Mocambo. Apparently the club did not book Black artists unless they were "beautiful." Despite her amazing voice, Fitzgerald's appearance did not meet the booking manager's standards.

"Marilyn read this in the paper and got very annoyed," Greene recalled, "and called the manager and said, 'Hi, this is Marilyn Monroe and if you rebook Ella Fitzgerald I will come every night to hear her sing.' Both shows!"

While Monroe's act of friendship would not be seen as unusual today, historians noted that this occurred in the midst of the civil rights movement and during a time of heightened racism. So Monroe's support of Fitzgerald could have hurt her career, but she did it anyway.

"Advocating for somebody like Ella Fitzgerald when she didn't have to and unpopular, this speaks to her principles," Historian Michele Mitchell said. "Ella did say Marilyn Monroe was ahead of her time and she didn't even know it."