• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
people seriously acting like she isnt trash too

She's on that toxic wellness bullshit like Gwenth Paltrow and peddling that shit to her followers

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone who is hating on Kim, they should probably see her episode with David Letterman in My Next Guest needs no introduction, if not for her then for the fact that's it's Letterman's show. I had a newfound respect for her after watching that.

Letterman's Netflix show is a personal PR campaign for each guest featured on the show. Not a single person has been made to look bad, not even Kanye.

It is designed to do exactly what it did to you.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Maybe the divorced dad energy will give kanye some positive artistic motivation to make actual quality music

Or more likleybinsurrable annoying music​

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
Hasn't she been quite vocal in recent years about justice reform?

Well it's a good look for her image and it's great that she's gotten a few individuals out who received harsh sentences. But I see it as largely performative. She still continues with her blackfishing and tacit approval of Kanye's MAGA antics, and it's easy to bounce these criticisms off with "But I got three black people out of prison".

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Well normally, given the way both of them seem to be, I'd say something like "They were made for each other."

Kinda stumped now.

Chorazin

Nov 13, 2017
Lancaster County, PA, USA
You mean she didn't want to live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere and worship Evangelical Jesus at the side of a man with a god complex?

Yeah she's a terrible person but it was only a matter of time before even she took a good look at the path Kanye is sprinting down and said "Fuck this."

Last edited:

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Dude absolutely has mental health problems and I wish him well through this. He's said some awful shit and is a hypocrite through and through - but I sincerely believe he battles some serious mental health challenges.

If Kanye killed himself tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised. But I don't like the toxicity of this thread. Critique his commentary and judge his actions, but to wish him ill or be so dismissive to what is clearly a manic personality, I think is quite a shame.

We should be a bit more understanding - or at least supportive to improve, I think.

rare

Oct 25, 2017
anyone able photoshop kanye with the just fuck my shit up haircut and eyes on him?
mans gonna be paying out the ass for alimony lmao

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude absolutely has mental health problems and I wish him well through this. He's said some awful shit and is a hypocrite through and through - but I sincerely believe he battles some serious mental health challenges.

If Kanye killed himself tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised. But I don't like the toxicity of this thread. Critique his commentary and judge his actions, but to wish him ill or be so dismissive to what is clearly a manic personality, I think is quite a shame.

We should be a bit more understanding - or at least supportive to improve, I think.
I legit worry about him. Seeing family members with identical symptoms is gut wrenching. I don't wish that kind of life on anybody. But you probably won't find much sympathy for him here, especially with all the shenanigans he pulled in 2020.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I see a lot of "both of them suck". I can see why people would hate Kanye, but what did Kim do that is so bad? She's hot and she's rich. Do people really hate her for that? I don't recall her ever hurting anybody (or at least anyone not in her personal life, but that's family business, not ours).
She engaged in the MAGA shit alongside Kayne and she met with Trump multiple times

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
template-custom-meme-907-0c6db91aec9c.jpeg

Yahsper

Oct 29, 2017
She engaged in the MAGA shit alongside Kayne and she met with Trump multiple times
To prevent the execution of Brandon Bernard. Not to have a chat.

The guy is severely mentally ill. Compassion and understanding ends when it makes you do things Resetera doesn't like apparantly. It's pretty easy to chart Kanye's mental health through time and correlate that with the way he's been acting and what he's been saying. I feel sorry for him. I don't doubt they loved each other, and Kanye's mental illness broke up a family. He first started to crack when he lost his mom, things will only get worse now probably.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
The very public repercussions of untreated mental illness. That's my major takeaway. He's lost so much in his life over the course of a few years and it's really sad. Notwithstanding that the Kardashians themselves can be toxic and exhausting in their own ways, that's still his family, his kids.

Hope he gets peace of mind in time. But we've seen this story play out before.

Novoitus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
kim i am so sorry. you NEED to have another covid responsible vacation where you bring a lot of your friends and family to a private island. no masks! we're all safe. but also please hire some help (servants), they MUST wear masks

thank you queen

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Kanye's a major PoS and I'm about done feeling bad for him. Either he does some self-reflection and gets help and commits to changing as a person or he's going to continue alienating everyone including his family.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Inflammatory generalization about the community

Good luck with that. Era is a toxic fucking place full of shitty, vile people. This thread looks no different than all the Etika threads, except people are taking the liberty to also shit on his wife for no justifiable reason at all. It takes a suicide for the miserable losers on this site to show any empathy for someone who's very clearly troubled.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
Good luck with that. Era is a toxic fucking place full of shitty, vile people. This thread looks no different than all the Etika threads, except people are taking the liberty to also shit on his wife for no justifiable reason at all. It takes a suicide for the miserable losers on this site to show any empathy for someone who's very clearly troubled.

Alright then.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when this community shat on Etika for dropping slurs on Twitter, even though he showed clear signs of being mentally unwell and not of a sound mind? It's an absolutel disgrace so few people in this thread are calling this behaviour out after the Etika tragedy. Watching 5 minutes of Kanye's appearance on Joe Rogan is enough to understand that his decision making and thought process are very clearly compromised. That doesn't mean one should give him a platform or feed his delusions, but that doesn't warrant the hatred in this thread either.

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Yikes @ all the mean and negative hot takes in this thread. And they're the toxic ones?

From what was known publicly, it seemed like their relationship was a net good thing for both of them. Kim supported Ye through a constant barrage of manic-depressive cycles which I'm sure eventually becomes too much for anyone to handle.

Wish them both well if true and hope it all works out for the best.

I never did get the toxicity, no matter what Kanye has been upto its quite evident that he is really ill. He's said and done wild shit and his comments on slavery being a choice alongside his Trump support show this clearly. He also admitted to having suicidal thoughts, but it seems nobody gives a shit.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There are plenty of people with mental illness who do not use their public platform to shit on Black people. C'mon now.

The situation Kanye is in is part of his own making. Even if he were mentally sound he would still be a racially suspect dude. There were red flags in magazine interviews about him elevating white culture even before his mother died.

He is in a dangerous spot, Lupe said he's surrounded himself with nothing but yes men and discarded his old friends, so no one from back in the day is there to keep him in check. He should go get help and pick up the damn phone when Jay-Z calls.

Last edited:

red_shift_ltd

May 24, 2019
US
I never did get the toxicity, no matter what Kanye has been upto its quite evident that he is really ill. He's said and done wild shit and his comments on slavery being a choice alongside his Trump support show this clearly. He also admitted to having suicidal thoughts, but it seems nobody gives a shit.

I liked the old Kanye, the 'crazy' for 2 months before the new album Kanye.

2020 confirmed that there are no adults in the room and we're on our own in America. I'm empathetic to Kanye's mental health struggle but his very public outbursts steal focus and waste all of our time. The reality show effect bleeding into politics has made life worse for all of us.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Would Trump even want a black guy in a relationship with his daughter?

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The issue is Kanye's mental health issues are affecting more than just him which is why he won't garner much sympathy. He's going out of his way to actively hurt those he once claimed to stand by just to enrich himself. You can have mental health issues and still a giant piece of shit who should be held accountable.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Calling people shitty, vile, miserable losers isn't toxic?

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, once you're a celebrity and have significant public influence— just blaming mental health for your outbursts and bad decisions is not forgivable. The man has enough money to fix any of his problems and hire the best therapists the world has to offer.
A forum poster or YouTuber that is struggling with mental health issues is much different than a millionaire with unlimited resources struggling with mental health.

kanye doesn't get a pass for being a shitty human.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
I have plenty of issues with Kim, but she doesn't deserve to put up with Kanye's bullshit. By all accounts, she's tried to help him numerous times and he just refuses to try and get better. Surprised it took her this long honestly.

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry, once you're a celebrity and have significant public influence— just blaming mental health for your outbursts and bad decisions is not forgivable. The man has enough money to fix any of his problems and hire the best therapists the world has to offer.
A forum poster or YouTuber that is struggling with mental health issues is much different than a millionaire with unlimited resources struggling with mental health.

kanye doesn't get a pass for being a shitty human.

Sometimes the best therapists in the world can't help with these struggles. I will give him a little sympathy as I dont think anyone here knows the extent of his issues.