• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

Cool cat Kim Justice lists their fav. SMS games, so grab a cuppa and indulge in some good ol' nostolgia, and a explore a library of an underrated system.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Ohh, nice. As somebody who has no clue of the Master System's library this will come in handy.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at work so i can't watch it but the banner seems to include GG exclusive games.

I hope that's not the case

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I watched the last Kim Justice video, but I'm going to make up for that by watching this one immediately!

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder why Kim stopped doing work with Retronauts. She does some great videos. The recent weird and bad football games video was a treat.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great video. My list would be notably different but that goes to show the variety on the system. I would include light gun games as they have aged surprisingly well, stuff like Safari Hunt, Rescue Mission, Gangster Town, Missile Defense 3D.

It's mentioned that Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars (arcade) was the first game in the series. Is that true? Some sites, including Sega Retro, list Miracle World as coming out the month before it. Either way, they must have been developed simultaneously. And I loved seeing so much praise in the video for Alex Kidd in Shinobi World.

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Speaking of Alex Kidd in Shinobi Land
What's interesting is that this was not always intended to be an Alex Kidd title. A few magazines revealed an early version of the game titled Shinobi Kid, starring some generic boy instead of Alex. It also reveals, amusingly, that the first boss was meant to be named "Mari-Oh", to make fun of Nintendo's famous mascot (he resembles the first boss of Shinobi, who is named "Ken-Oh").

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if someone has made some kind of series or something specifically about which games from old/obscure consoles are actually worth playing today, bonus for ones you can still only play on those consoles.