• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Shame. They never really did anything with the lore, but 2's multiplayer was one of the best experiences I've ever had on console. I would've gladly settled for a remaster or GaaS and then part of me was hoping that it might have gotten a soft reboot as such. I guess I could put that to rest now.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Do Sony have individual websites dedicated to their own games now anyways? I know GT does but that's still an ongoing series from back in the day. Isn't everything just on PS.com? Doesn't exactly mean KZ is dead, just it'll have it's own portal on the PS website if it ever were to return.

Jun 17, 2018
That's a real shame as the multiplayer really was quite special. Hopefully they bring it back at some point, I'm not a huge fan of Horizon and it would be a shame for nearly all Sony exclusives to be third person action adventure games.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
That's a real shame as the multiplayer really was quite special. Hopefully they bring it back at some point, I'm not a huge fan of Horizon and it would be a shame for nearly all Sony exclusives to be third person action adventure games.

Guerrilla is working on a shooter, it's just not Killzone.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It wasn't a good franchise anyway. Space nazis in trench coats. When Halo is struggling to get momentum vs Desiny (and others), what chance to Killzone have?

Sony should focus on some social cooperative games. Microsoft have Minecraft/Roblox/Sea of Thieves/Grounded (technically also Deep Rock Galactic, for now) that's were they should put some of their focus.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
It would mean nothing, if it wasn't for years of negligence and terrible support. They're really incapable to keep a franchise around unless it's a blockbuster or an artistic project (which are rapidly fading away, as well).

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Hope they go back to scifi one day. I'd love to have a hard scifi game in similar setting to Expanse for example, maybe go more far outer space or alien route and not Helghast again lol.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Really wasn't something they needed to persist with. The franchise always offered more from its written lore than the game's ever did.

It's a shame as I genuinely enjoyed the original and quite enjoyed Killzone 2, although never really got into the multiplayer, despite really wanting to at the time. Killzone 3 declined in quality from 2 and Shadow Fall was an absolute mess. Glad GG are doing an FPS title but it really doesn't need to be in the Killzone universe.

Lewpy

Oct 28, 2017
Nah. Let it die. It was mediocre at best. People seem to be forgetting what a train wreck Shadow Fall was.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I can go without actual Killzone but something in the same style and atsmosphere from them would be nice. There was something to it.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
Nah. Let it die. It was mediocre at best. People seem to be forgetting what a train wreck Shadow Fall was.

Care to elaborate? The game was a launch title with no bugs, full MP mode and later on full MP support. Also it sold pretty well, so I do not understand your statement regarding the wreck.

PS
Till this day SF looks amazing for a launch title.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
They never did anything interesting with the universe they built. And I fully believe Killzone 2 MP was a massive fluke.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Killzone was at its best with Killzone 2. It never could find its way after that in terms of plot/characters/art design etc. (i.e. Killzone 3, Shadow Fall and even Mercenary). Other IP got way less chances so... yeah, it's best to close here.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Man, Killzone wasnt always the best but it was a very immersive fps. A shame.

Still though, to be quite frank, Killzone got a lot of chances and failed to be as good as it could have been.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Man I just want another grimdark Sci-Fi-Shooter with the weapon feel and enemy reactions of Killzone 2. Even the sequels didn't feel that good :(

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
XAkjviN.gif

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
This hurts me deeply. Horizon was good, but it's got nothing on Killzone at its best (e.g. KZ2 and Mercenary). Such unfulfilled potential for the series. 😔

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
yeah fuck you too Guerrilla, a genre that SIE lacks, in an age of prolific FPS, f2p competitive games you are giving up on one of the most interesting settings and lore in the FPS genre before trying again, once more with feeling. like, not even a remaster collection with all the games in the age of remasters.

Killzone 2 was really special, the Vita game was very good and interesting, Killzone 3 and Shadow Fall rushed products that could have been great if not.
next on the buried list: Resistance.

i'm grateful that Sony always invests into new IPs and give freedom to their first party, but yeah i'm salty, pathetic.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Sony would be crazy to go back to Killzone after the success of Horizon. They did give more than enough chances to that IP. Sucks for the fans btw. I hope they have some plans for brand new fps IP.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I think GC closing was probably when I felt that the last potential closed as Horizon success showed GG were no longer reliant on it a franchise that had no room for growth dead end, and they had the talent to create new I.Ps. I don't care much for killzone, but FP genre is slowly lacking and needs more investment, especially with Bethesda purchase for MS, options are dwindling.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Multiplayer was quite enjoyable at least.

But yeah Horizon is the one. I'm going through it slowly on PC and it's very good so far.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
Care to elaborate? The game was a launch title with no bugs, full MP mode and later on full MP support. Also it sold pretty well, so I do not understand your statement regarding the wreck.

PS
Till this day SF looks amazing for a launch title.

preach! people underestimate the value of Shadow Fall as a polished as fuck launch game with a kinda big campaing and complete multiplayer.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I don't like the franchise, Killzone 2 really was something special at that time.

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense. Horizon is a much bigger success and I can see GG being a bit bored of KZ after 6 games in that series.

But shooter fans will probably still get that with the game Larouche is directing.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Killzone 2 came out during the time when FPS started to get saturated by CoD like games. It could have been something

Bastos

Oct 25, 2017
This sucks.

The dream is dead for a KZ2 Remastered in 4K @60~120FPS using the Dual Sense features.

I'd pay full price for that.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am not sure why people keep using Horizon as them doing the right thing. Sony can always do both.

The series still has tons of potential. Killzone Mercenary needed a sequel. Infact the potential for a sequel could be awesome.

Imagine a Killzone similiar to Dishonored in structure.

Dr. Rank

Oct 25, 2017
I am surprised that killzone shadow fall was never given to the US as a ps+ game. I always wondered why Sony held that title back.