• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
RS2 is great. I have always loved the Red Rochestra series, I prefer its deliverate approach to the more frantic only shooters nowadays.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
KF2 is a great coop game, very satisfying shooting. It's the only game that made me look up the IRL equivalent of my fave in-game guns.

frankenstrat

Oct 27, 2017
Does RS2 play like Insurgency at all? I remember RO2 being a little similar but overall having more fun with Insurgency.

OP
OP
DaciaJC

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Does RS2 play like Insurgency at all? I remember RO2 being a little similar but overall having more fun with Insurgency.

A bit, in terms of lethality, limited classes, and emphasis on teamwork. It's a lot more like its older brother RO2, though the pace is a bit faster thanks to the prevalence of automatic weapons and spawn points closer to the frontline (NVA/VC dig squad tunnels for spawns, Americans get access to Hueys in certain maps to encourage flanking maneuvers).

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
my experience with RO2, RS1, and RS2 is that a lot of people are incredibly fucking racist under the guise of "role-playing"

the community blows

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I wish it also meant a sale on the extra characters, but I know that won't happen as it's all buried in the in-game store and discounts never happen (I think it's $12.50CDN per character, which is more than a bit ridiculous).

Still, I've played a ton of Killing Floor 2. It's a good game to cleanse the palate with and the shooting is satisfying.

Oct 27, 2017

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
i played a lot of red orchestra 2 and rising storm
tried rising storm 2 for a bit during the public beta, didn't enjoy it as much if i remember correctly

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
my experience with RO2, RS1, and RS2 is that a lot of people are incredibly fucking racist under the guise of "role-playing"

the community blows

I have played mostly in european servers. In my experience the community is less toxic than in other online games and more prone to friendly cooperation. In the servers that I ussually play, admins ban users spouting racist shit quite quickly.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Rising Storm 2 is really fun. Some of my favorite multiplayer moments have been in RO2 and RS2. Great price too!