• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well, good character development for V at least. She actually gave Eve a choice this time around lol

rude

Oct 25, 2017
The beginning is out of nowhere. It's like did I miss anything.

With all the deaths they kind of chickened out on that one. Sure, I'm glad Konstantin is still alive but that scene pretty much calls for it. Even the tension only for it to go 💩

Geraldine was pointless. I thought she will finally connect with her mom at the end, but nothing
It was a mistake to have Caroline be so doggedly committed to being the worst mother possible. It stopped being entertaining midaway through the season. It really would've been smarter to give them a tender moment in the finale, especially after that kitchen argument they had where it seemed like they were finally going to try to be a family.

Big props to Fiona Shaw this season though. Lots of standout scenes. I really only knew her from Harry Potter and that season of True Blood. She's an amazing actress.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
The reasons would be that she's working for the 12 and he was getting too close. Him randomly falling off a roof in the way described in the finale is extremely dumb and implausible.
Wouldn't have been interested in her being introduced out of nowhere simply for the sake of adding to the already meandering Twelve conspiracy, but what they actually did do with her ended up being a waste of time anyway when Carolyn ultimately wanted nothing to do with her.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
True - they could reveal that he was making it up in S4. Hopefully the new showrunner can find a way to salvage the wreckage the old showrunner left behind.
i mean the really make it stick you don't have him making it up but just only saying half truths. He tends to not lie just leaves out things like not telling Villanelle her mom was alive but telling her where Petre was. telling her to kill the wife of the accountant but not who she was or why. More or less telling her he's going to escape but not how or why (i assume so b/c otherwise she just guessed/was watching him which is not like her)

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I was pretty meh on the whole season, but I actually liked the finale for the most. The Eve/Villanelle scenes were surprisingly sweet. I might not watch S4, partly because this season was such a letdown compared to the first and even the second, but also because I'm kind of satisfied with that ending on the bridge being the last thing that happens in the story.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Not really sure where the series is going but I'm curious. Still mostly enjoying it but this season wasn't as good as previous ones to me. I hope that Kenny thing isn't true because that is disappointing. The season flew by but it feels like almost nothing happened.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I just binged all 3 seasons of this show in the span of 3 days and it's now in my top 3 all time.... fucking hell what a ride

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Weakest season so far, but the finale was cool. Eve and Villanelle's scenes were electric. Guess I won't skip season four.

Fiona Shaw is the MVP of the season. It was still stupid to kill off Kenny though.

I wish Pheobe Waller-Bridge would write another season. Even though more than half of S3 veers toward staleness, it hasn't exhausted its appeal by a long shot. The sizzle of the earlier seasons is still there in the bus scene, Villanelle's family episode, many of Fiona Shaw's scenes, the finale... there are plenty of examples, really. PWB could steer the show in an exciting direction and restore the edge-of-your-seat quality that mirrors Villanelle's chaotic personality.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Houston
OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
They just announced that S4 will be its last. Production begins this summer.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
After the success of the first season, it definitely felt like the show kept going out of inertia rather than because they had any concrete plan or direction for the future of the series.

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
It's funny that the announcement said they were exploring spinoff possibilities for their rich universe. Yeah, like everyone is watching the show to see what the 12 does next.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
It's funny that the announcement said they were exploring spinoff possibilities for their rich universe. Yeah, like everyone is watching the show to see what the 12 does next.

Heh. I wouldn't mind sly assassin/spy antics in tv form with the tone of this show, but yeah, you could say the weakness of the follow-up seasons is that they haven't found anything for us to care about outside of Villanelle being fun to watch.