• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cnrm

Oct 25, 2017
...How do you launch this game? I validated my files, and all I'm seeing is "Select English Language" and 3 other options. None of the buttons on my controller work and I've hit every single key on this keyboard.
If you haven't turned on controller configuration support through Steam yet that would be a good place to start. Maybe double-check that, or the killer7 configuration tool (either outside of the game, through the Steam launcher, or in-game by pressing F11) and see if everything's set up correctly (and/or see if it'll read your inputs there, or remap them to your desire). Check to see if the gamepad's working correctly in other games besides. If it's a DualShock 4, alternatively try DS4Windows.

Just to be sure, the space key is the accept button with the keyboard controls, in case you somehow didn't actually press that. That will get you past the language select and beyond.
You can also use the mouse to select and click on menu elements; that will also get you past the language select and beyond.

If all else fails maybe send a post on the troubleshooting section of the forum.

Last edited:

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
If you haven't turned on controller configuration support through Steam yet that would be a good place to start
Son of a b... you know what? I turned this off earlier when trying to get my piece of garbage third-party controller to work. I'm using an XB1 controller, I'll turn it back on.

Thanks!

Deleted member 48205

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 30, 2018
Finished the game. Damn, what a ride. The art, the music, the crazy story. I just loved it all.
I'm so happy to have finally played this after all these years of watching videos and reading about it on the Grasshopper wiki. I'm a huge fan of No More Heroes and in my eyes it and Killer7 are equally good.
Now I really want to play another Grasshopper game, but the ones that came after No More Heroes all seem kinda meh (including NMH2 that I played but never finished because it felt really phoned in).
I watched some videos of Flower, Sun and Rain and it looks bizarre in the best way, but the DS version looks horrible compared to the PS2 one, which is a Japan only release. The Silver Case also seems good but I watched some reviews and it sounds like a bit of a chore.
Is there anything else worth trying from Grasshopper? I also played some of Killer is Dead but it didn't grab me that much. It looks incredible though.

Man there's something about these Japanese games from the PS2 era that I just love so much. I don't want to sounds like an old fart but they really don't make them like they used to.

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
Finished the game. Damn, what a ride. The art, the music, the crazy story. I just loved it all.
I'm so happy to have finally played this after all these years of watching videos and reading about it on the Grasshopper wiki. I'm a huge fan of No More Heroes and in my eyes it and Killer7 are equally good.
Now I really want to play another Grasshopper game, but the ones that came after No More Heroes all seem kinda meh (including NMH2 that I played but never finished because it felt really phoned in).
I watched some videos of Flower, Sun and Rain and it looks bizarre in the best way, but the DS version looks horrible compared to the PS2 one, which is a Japan only release. The Silver Case also seems good but I watched some reviews and it sounds like a bit of a chore.
Is there anything else worth trying from Grasshopper? I also played some of Killer is Dead but it didn't grab me that much. It looks incredible though.

Man there's something about these Japanese games from the PS2 era that I just love so much. I don't want to sounds like an old fart but they really don't make them like they used to.
Play it. Closest thing to Killer7.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Definitely play The Silver Case and Flower, Sun and Rain. Even if the PS2 version of FS&R is better, the DS version is still tremendous. I played it for the first time earlier this year and loved it.

Deleted member 48205

Banned
Sep 30, 2018
I actually just found out that a remaster of FSR is in the works (or at least planned). So i'll wait for news on that one and get the Silver Case in the meantime. Thanks guys

I actually just found out that a remaster of FSR is in the works (or at least planned). So i'll wait for news on that one and get the Silver Case in the meantime. Thanks guys
Yeah, I'd wait to see what happens with that. I expect that it will wind up being a remake of sorts that adds in all of the QOL improvements the DS version received while having a visual fidelity more in the PS2 version's ballpark.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh. Guess I must have misremembering thinking it was a mistranslation.

Yeah, I'd wait to see what happens with that. I expect that it will wind up being a remake of sorts that adds in all of the QOL improvements the DS version received while having a visual fidelity more in the PS2 version's ballpark.
Man...all that Let It Die money. Enough to get a graphical upgrade beyond high rezing PS2 textures.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Finished Encounter 1&2, the glimpse into what Curtis was doing was disturbing
the table machine you kill him on is to make a mannequin out of girls he live with right? jeez. You see them hanging on the side of the room after your fight with him. All this known and allowed by the government, that's just more fucked up.

The fight and music against Ayame was amazing the first time back on GC, had to take 2 screenshots. It's a sad fate though when you think of what Curtis probably did to her.
pvI1CZI.png
I really enjoyed the locale of part 1 but was stuck on getting a chest in one area, it still didn't seem obvious to me what it was asking me to do. Otherwise a couple of deaths in this chapter so it's ramping up now it seems. Guess if they made Garcian's gun usable you would try to use him for more then for just a cleaner. A couple of Cayote lock doors are in this chapter but you don't have access to him, is that on purpose or did I miss something? Also found out if you look at your map it will provide who you should use? how did i not notice this until the end of the chapter...

UP: On to the next amazing chapter. Done, that was as fun as i remember.

So stuff starts to really hit on the 6th chapter right off the bat, phew.

UP2: FLAC ost! Woot

Last edited:

Deleted member 48205

Banned
Sep 30, 2018
So why's no one talking about this? No More Heroes was such a huge game on GAF but this one is criminally overlooked.
Guys this game is fucking great! I never played it before this port and it really holds up.

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018

Well Travis Strikes Again No More Heroes comes out in a month and a half. So we have that to look forward to. And it's definitely inspired by the PS1 era

Deleted member 48205

Banned
Sep 30, 2018
Well Travis Strikes Again No More Heroes comes out in a month and a half. So we have that to look forward to. And it's definitely inspired by the PS1 era
I'm cautiously optimistic about that one but I probably won't get it cause I don't own a Switch. I just hope it sells well enough for Suda to make NMH3.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
So why's no one talking about this? No More Heroes was such a huge game on GAF but this one is criminally overlooked.
Guys this game is fucking great! I never played it before this port and it really holds up.
I'm guessing that the fact it's PC only doesn't help.
If you've already played the game, there's not much more to say about it :p

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't even know this was coming out on PC. One of my all-time favorites.

sschol

Oct 27, 2017
I started replaying the game a bit ago and it's amazing how much jumped out at me on second play through. And I can't believe how well balanced the game's difficulty is. It's challenging and takes a bit of luck, but a steady hand means the world. It's also brilliant how it's so easy to die, but much harder to game over if you play anything like competently. Perfect tension.

We have a discord, so there's that.
sI it open invite? I need to be able to talk to other suda fans, lol.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I started replaying the game a bit ago and it's amazing how much jumped out at me on second play through. And I can't believe how well balanced the game's difficulty is. It's challenging and takes a bit of luck, but a steady hand means the world. It's also brilliant how it's so easy to die, but much harder to game over if you play anything like competently. Perfect tension.

Yep.

https://discord.gg/Acydau

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
This game is a treasure. I'm so happy it came out on Steam and apparently it's a good port too. Best Grasshopper game easily.

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth

SOMEBODY never upgraded into lock on criticals

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Oh wow, english subtitles now available!

https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791462381843#announcements/detail/1717461907719154817

We are happy to announce that English subtitles have been added to the latest update for killer7, available now through the Steam® launcher. To add on to the excitement, killer7 is today's Daily Deal at 10% off!

Subtitles can be enabled through the "Configure" menu when starting the game from the library, or in-game by pressing F11. Previously unavailable on the original console release, we are proud to bring this fan-requested quality-of-life change to make killer7 accessible to all fans!

c9afbfbbbe6bf36c37dc4a44bc50bfb458e208d8.jpg

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Awesome! Finally I can undestand better without any problems one of my favourite games of all time. I'm really happy with the news.
This was my only complain in the original release on GameCube, and it was a bit disappointing not to see it solved with the remaster release. So thanks to all the team behind the game!

TK_Shrodes

Sega of America
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
San Mateo, CA
Thanks for bearing with us, we couldn't announce until today. We've also discounted it for the upcoming week so hopefully some who passed on it this time around may come back.

InternHertz

Oct 25, 2017
Brussels, Belgium
Thanks for bearing with us, we couldn't announce until today. We've also discounted it for the upcoming week so hopefully some who passed on it this time around may come back.
This is such an awesome update :)
It never was a deal breaker for me because Killer7 is one of my cult games and I couldn't pass up a remaster after waiting all those years.
It was however weird to not see such option (I -wrongly- thought the Gamecube version had some)

Gotta say...it may be something small all things considered, but this makes the game even more perfect <3

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Apologize for the random bump, and this may see off topic at first but I felt this would be the best place to ask.

Started a new job right after thanksgiving and my supervisor is a really cool dude, he's a movie buff, we share a lot of the same tastes in various media etc etc. So he's been telling me how he's replaying Yellow Version and how he loves video games. But heres the thing, he never played many video games after what he played as a kid. I ended up lending him my 3ds with Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon and his mind is blown. Just texted me at 2am that hes logged over 70 something hours so far. So this got me thinking about what other games I can share with him that he's missed out on. First thing that came to mind was I want him to play Killer7 because I want everyone to play Killer7. I'm super bad with being descriptive or explaining something to someone who has no idea what to expect. How should I convince him to play Killer7 is basically what I am asking. Sorry if that was long winded.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Apologize for the random bump, and this may see off topic at first but I felt this would be the best place to ask.

Started a new job right after thanksgiving and my supervisor is a really cool dude, he's a movie buff, we share a lot of the same tastes in various media etc etc. So he's been telling me how he's replaying Yellow Version and how he loves video games. But heres the thing, he never played many video games after what he played as a kid. I ended up lending him my 3ds with Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon and his mind is blown. Just texted me at 2am that hes logged over 70 something hours so far. So this got me thinking about what other games I can share with him that he's missed out on. First thing that came to mind was I want him to play Killer7 because I want everyone to play Killer7. I'm super bad with being descriptive or explaining something to someone who has no idea what to expect. How should I convince him to play Killer7 is basically what I am asking. Sorry if that was long winded.

Super proud to hear you're suggesting Killer7 to this dude who hasn't played video games in 20 years.

Anyways it's kind of a crude comparison, but since he's a film buff with little context for modern games you could just say that it's like a brilliant Lynchian game. That it's also fun to play, yet surreal, creative and done with incredible presentation.