• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
There's waaaay too much Street Fighter in the Capcom cabinet. They could cut half of those Street Fighter games to make room for the rest of the Darkstalkers games, or Street Fighter III, or Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters.
That Capcom one is nuts. Wish we could get a tekken one.
Darkstalkers holy fuck

Edit: 12 Capcom classics, 5 of them Street FIghter 2
Its the same games as the "head to head" cocktail one.

https://arcade1up.com/collections/h...ducts/street-fighter-head-2-head-arcade-table

OP
OP
BFIB

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
This sold out within minutes. What the heck. Is this normal for 1 UPs?
I don't think A1U makes as many which is leading to more demand. Also, for $399 that's a great deal with all the games included. Don't even try for pinball, who knows when they will be readily available.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it sold out. I think they just had the pages up, but didn't open up preorders yet. I could be wrong though.

Hard to say... A few minutes ago it flickered between coming soon and pre-order now on best buy. I could add it to my cart but couldn't check out. Feels a lot like pre-ordering a PS5. Lol

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Hard to say... A few minutes ago it flickered between coming soon and pre-order now on best buy. I could add it to my cart but couldn't check out. Feels a lot like pre-ordering a PS5. Lol

I think Best Buy would say "Not Available" on the button if they sold out, but yeah... hard to say. I'm so on the fence about this. I really want to get one of these as they seem hard to come by after the initial (only?) run. However, I kind of feel like I shouldn't spend the money right now. I can afford it though. Decisions, decisions...

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I think Best Buy would say "Not Available" on the button if they sold out, but yeah... hard to say. I'm so on the fence about this. I really want to get one of these as they seem hard to come by after the initial (only?) run. However, I kind of feel like I shouldn't spend the money right now. I can afford it though. Decisions, decisions...

This is literally what I'm thinking. The way I see it, is if I don't want it, I can a) return it or b) resell it. But if it's hard to get, I should get my order in while I decide.

Edit:

Up at Best Buy:

Edit 2: that sold out within 1 minute. Fortunately I got my order in. Not sure why best buy is limiting their orders while gamestop is still up.

Last edited:

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I got the Midway Classic 1 UP today. Now I was hesitant to keep my pre-order but after it instantly sold out, I held on to it because it felt like it would be a missed opportunity to have all these game on one cabinet, if I cancelled my order. I assembled it today and sunk a couple of hours into it. In my opinion these 1 UP machines are well worth the price. The screen and sound quality are great. The presentation is great. The controller is okay but definitely usable. Regardless for $400 dollars, this is an amazing experience and well worth the price. Ill definitely pick up more 1 UPs in the future, including KI. ....Honestly I'll buy the KI one on eBay if I have to.

OP
OP
BFIB

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I got the Midway Classic 1 UP today. Now I was hesitant to keep my pre-order but after it instantly sold out, I held on to it because it felt like it would be a missed opportunity to have all these game on one cabinet, if I cancelled my order. I assembled it today and sunk a couple of hours into it. In my opinion these 1 UP machines are well worth the price. The screen and sound quality are great. The presentation is great. The controller is okay but definitely usable. Regardless for $400 dollars, this is an amazing experience and well worth the price. Ill definitely pick up more 1 UPs in the future, including KI. ....Honestly I'll buy the KI one on eBay if I have to.
I jumped on the Marvel pin and within a week I jumped on the Star Wars pin. They are fantastic. I sold my MK for way more than I paid, I'll grab the legacy at some point. A1U have come a long way

es87lcJ.jpg

3OxdPXi.jpg

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
About a year later, the Killer Instinct cab is now available for preorder if you have an arm and a leg ($749) to spare, along with Tron and RIIIIIIIDGE RACER!!

venturebeat.com

Tron, Ridge Racer, and Killer Instinct lead Arcade1Up’s holiday offerings

Arcade1Up revealed three new machines that'll be offering in time for the holidays: Tron, Ridge Racer, and Killer Instinct.

Finally, Killer Instinct!

I'm going to preorder but keep an eye out for early reviews. KI needs to be perfectly emulated for me to pay that price.

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
This thread has had me dive deep down the rabbit hole of nostalgia with KIs soundtracks. Got the soundtracks blasting on Spotify while I clean the house

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
As much as I was looking forward to the KI Arcade1UP..$750 is really pushing it. At that price I'd rather just go up higher to $1000+ territory and buy a real KI cab to restore.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I'm guessing this version of KI won't have the awesome Ultra 64 intro. It's seriously one of the most badass attract modes of all time. It's inclusion could sway my decision to purchase it.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing this version of KI won't have the awesome Ultra 64 intro. It's seriously one of the most badass attract modes of all time. It's inclusion could sway my decision to purchase it.
While I get something like this is out of their hands given the licensing situation, for what they're charging here omissions of any kind are inexcusable.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

It obviously won't. This is being ported by the same devs (Code Mystics) that did the Xbox One version. And you can see what it looks like here. They simply yanked out the FMVs that had the Nintendo and Ultra 64 logos:

You can be 100% assured that this will be the exact same version. The work is essentially already all done.

Edit: Depending on how this is packaged, maybe it would be possible for someone to hack it and restore the true original version? I hope it happens.

Last edited:

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
License the Simpsons you cowards.
Just wanted to make sure you'd seen this in the intervening months

arcade1up.com

The Simpsonsâ„¢ Arcade Machine

The Simpsonsâ„¢ Arcade Machine Bundle available directly from Arcade1Up includes a riser, light-up marquee, stool, and tin wall sign. Live WiFi enabled with no monthly subscription required. Ships to USA and Canada only. (Please note your card will be charged when you place your order. Canadian...

edit: nm i see you self-banned

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went with the AtGames Legends Ultimate this week, 1up cabs really are top notch design-wise but their cabs are so fucking small. Like, even with that riser, I cannot stand tall in front of it without the marquee covering part of the screen and I'm not a giant lol, I'm 5F11. Their sticks and buttons feel a bit on the cheap side too, unless they changed that recently. I tried an MK2 cab on-site.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Wait not even KI2 is included?

It is.

Games:
  • Killer Instinctâ„¢
  • Killer Instinctâ„¢2
  • Battletoads Arcadeâ„¢
  • Battletoadsâ„¢ 8-bit
  • Battletoadsâ„¢ 16-bit

arcade1up.com

Killer Instinctâ„¢ Arcade Machine

The Killer Instinct â„¢ Arcade Machine available directly from Arcade1Up includes a custom riser, light-up marquee, light-up deck protector, molded coin door, and exclusive stool. Live WiFi enabled for online play with no monthly subscription required. Ships to USA and Canada only. (Please note...

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
The fact that they are announcing all the cabs so many have been waiting for is great HOWEVER the prices are completely fucked now. They are not worth these prices at all. Without question purchase at $299-399 tops with a stand and lit marquee and stool. But they have taken advantage of the pandemic and didn't even bother to improve the quality where it needed it.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that they are announcing all the cabs so many have been waiting for is great HOWEVER the prices are completely fucked now. They are not worth these prices at all. Without question purchase at $299-399 tops with a stand and lit marquee and stool. But they have taken advantage of the pandemic and didn't even bother to improve the quality where it needed it.

Yeah, this is where I'm at. These were barely worth $199-299 as they were. Selling the same shit for double/triple the price is outrageous and I hope they fail at scalping their own product.

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
Yeah, this is where I'm at. These were barely worth $199-299 as they were. Selling the same shit for double/triple the price is outrageous and I hope they fail at scalping their own product.
I mean it really sucks I loved these machines and own a bunch paid anywhere between $150 asteroids to $399 Marvel heroes but of the 6 I have 4 have needed parts and improved parts. And forget getting good support from Arcade1up. My first edition MK machine buzzes and the power button works 4 outa 10 times but I've never been able to get any parts from them.

Last edited:

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
The problem is the price of actual classic arcade games has risen so much recently. I bought a 4p X-Men cab in 2005 for about 200 that I converted to a MAME cab. Someone bought it from me 3 years ago for 300 and told me I was practically giving it away.
So I'm guessing that and licensing the new games is driving the prices of these to go up

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
The problem is the price of actual classic arcade games has risen so much recently. I bought a 4p X-Men cab in 2005 for about 200 that I converted to a MAME cab. Someone bought it from me 3 years ago for 300 and told me I was practically giving it away.
So I'm guessing that and licensing the new games is driving the prices of these to go up
No that isn't it Arcade1up blames wood and chips licensing isn't that bad or companies like Evercade who makes fantastic stuff BTW would jack up prices and they have not. Neither has Atgames who arguably makes a better product.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty sure it's just the Genesis version. The cabinet's user manual can be found online and the logo is the same for both 8 bit and 16 bit.

That's so redundantly useless. Why include the same game twice when they could include Battlemaniacs which is at least different? Or maybe it's also in there as a hidden easter egg. Hopefully.

Summoner

Nov 4, 2017
Arm processors don't exactly play nice with Killer Instinct, does anyone know what SoC that cabinet is using?
I'm hoping it's a (x86) SoC.....that certainly would justify the price they're asking for.