• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I think there's been a mistake here. I believe it's suppose to be the Arcade Release of Battletoads which I think was oringally handled by EA and was a 3 player game. Also if you look at the logo, there's no doubled dragon marking of any sorts.

It specifically says on the press release / release article that Battletoads / Double Dragon is included as a bonus game.

ASW have current rights to Tecmo's IPs such as Double Dragon and River City Ransom. Seeing as Arcade 1up probably already has a licensing agreement for the Killer Instinct and Battletoads Arcade game from Microsoft, they would only need licensing permissions from ArcSys for Double Dragon in this case.

strife85

Oct 30, 2017
jeez an x-men AND KI cabinet? has there been a Simpson's arcade game one? when's marvel 2 also?

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
It's criminal these things only run a 17 inch screen. If it had a 21 inch or larger I'd be all over this, X-Men and Big Buck Hunter.

Billy Awesomo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
New York, New York
It specifically says on the press release / release article that Battletoads / Double Dragon is included as a bonus game.

ASW have current rights to Tecmo's IPs such as Double Dragon and River City Ransom. Seeing as Arcade 1up probably already has a licensing agreement for the Killer Instinct and Battletoads Arcade game from Microsoft, they would only need licensing permissions from ArcSys for Double Dragon in this case.

Understandable, but the machine only has the battletoad's logo on cab. If it is a mistake hopefully they clarify soon. Although BattleToads/Double Dragon make more sense because that is a two player game and would work for the setup.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Understandable, but the machine only has the battletoad's logo on cab. If it is a mistake hopefully they clarify soon. Although BattleToads/Double Dragon make more sense because that is a two player game and would work for the setup.

Keep in mind the Battletoads Arcade cabinet allowed free select of which character you can play, So the 3rd player is just disabled in this case, much like how there is also a free select version of the TMNT arcade game which allows two players to select any four Turtles as opposed to the 4 player variant which auto-assigns each joystick position to a specific turtle.

I think it's fair bet this Arcade 1up version is going to have have both Battletoads Arcade and Battletoads/Double Dragon as a bonus game in this case.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Well going by this video

The Ryzen 2200g gets the job done just fine. The barrier of investment is generally low here so I'd recommend looking into it.
My cab I've remade a few times and it's just a lot of fun to have.

Killer Instinct 2013 has very low system requirements comparatively, so making a dedicated game with some cheap PC components is definitely doable.

I wish Microsoft would revisit it with either a sequel or just make a Season 4 with some Series X upgrade. Definitely is an incredibly enjoyable game to play.

Billy Awesomo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
New York, New York
Keep in mind the Battletoads Arcade cabinet allowed free select of which character you can play, So the 3rd player is just disabled in this case, much like how there is also a free select version of the TMNT arcade game which allows two players to select any four Turtles as opposed to the 4 player variant which auto-assigns each joystick position to a specific turtle.

I think it's fair bet this Arcade 1up version is going to have have both Battletoads Arcade and Battletoads/Double Dragon as a bonus game in this case.

Totally forgot you could freely select characters in Battletoad's arcade haha.

Oct 25, 2017
If I had the space and money I'd buy so many of these

When I was a kid I always wanted to have my own arcade cabinets

Luckily home consoles became as good or better than arcade :p

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
How is the sound on those units?

The actual arcade unit had absolutely killer (pun intended) speakers with quite the bass response. It sounded beefy AF and it was totally part of the experience. Anything less would be disappointing!

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
How is the sound on those units?

The actual arcade unit had absolutely killer (pun intended) speakers with quite the bass response. It sounded beefy AF and it was totally part of the experience. Anything less would be disappointing!
It is one kind of shitty speaker positioned on the top right of the top of the play space. I don't have a huge problem with it on my MK cabinet except for it is too loud but almost absolutely doesn't have the bass response you are looking for.

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
It is one kind of shitty speaker positioned on the top right of the top of the play space. I don't have a huge problem with it on my MK cabinet except for it is too loud but almost absolutely doesn't have the bass response you are looking for.

That was the 2nd gen units the newer ones have 2 stereo speakers above the screen and you definitely get some bass. Not enough to shake the floors in the arcade like back in the day but good enough for a game room/cave

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Yeah, my Pac-Man cab is either quiet or LOUD and nothing in between. Being as it's just Pac-Man I haven't messed with it.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Were these actually announced? I clicked on a couple of them and got a page asking me to let them know if I'd be interested in that cabinet happening.

Example: "Interested in a Space Ace® variant edition of Dragon's Lair®? Use the Notify Me button to let us know!"

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Darkstalkers holy fuck

Edit: 12 Capcom classics, 5 of them Street FIghter 2

tumblr_mk8qb0Uvk11qkz8azo1_500.gif

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
There's waaaay too much Street Fighter in the Capcom cabinet. They could cut half of those Street Fighter games to make room for the rest of the Darkstalkers games, or Street Fighter III, or Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
The art on the Capcom cab is so ugly though....

I think I had some pants with that orange/pink tribal looking pattern stuff in the 90s lol

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
pongpubtable_1000x1500_04_2048x.png

No one's talking about the rad 4-Player Pong bar table! It has Warlords and even Tempest on it :O

arcade1up.com

Pong® 4 Player Pub Table

Grab some friends, pour some drinks, and gather ‘round. It’s time for endless throwback fun with the Pong® 4 Player Pub Table from Arcade1Up! Bringing you retro gaming experiences in a stylish home form factor, Arcade1Up gaming tables are must-haves for your home bar, game cave, or a welcome...

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada

No one's talking about the rad 4-Player Pong bar table! It has Warlords and even Tempest on it :O

arcade1up.com

Pong® 4 Player Pub Table

Grab some friends, pour some drinks, and gather ‘round. It’s time for endless throwback fun with the Pong® 4 Player Pub Table from Arcade1Up! Bringing you retro gaming experiences in a stylish home form factor, Arcade1Up gaming tables are must-haves for your home bar, game cave, or a welcome...

Okay, I'm sold.

Time to order one of these bad boys.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017

arcade1up.com

Pong® 4 Player Pub Table

Every year they manage to make a cabinet I must have, and that is the one for 2021. Since it's a bar table there's a small chance I might even get it one day, lol. Hopefully it's spillproof. :)

wastingmyyouth

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
They get a lot of shit from real arcade fanboyz, but I love the A1UP machines and adore the ones I currently own. I just wish they were more affordable in Australia (currently $1000+ AUD). Really digging the new builds with the coin doors and extended panels around the screens.

We can't be far off Time Crisis / Virtua Cop / House of the Dead right??

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
That was the 2nd gen units the newer ones have 2 stereo speakers above the screen and you definitely get some bass. Not enough to shake the floors in the arcade like back in the day but good enough for a game room/cave

The stereo speakers connect via a 3.5mm audio jack, so a cheap mod is to use a Logitech Z313 or another 2.1 PC speaker set and pump the audio through it.

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
Well fuck, the nostalgia hit me hard with the KI arcade cabinet. I remember 1st time seeing it. I actually heard it before seeing it as the owner of the arcade(or tech guy) had blasted the cabinet's volume to max and I could hear the sounds of the game + OST like 100 feet away outside the arcade. Shit was glorious and hype as hell. KI2 was love at first. I got to see KI after the 2nd and it just looked bad compared to the 2nd.

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019
Maybe if they sell a million KI cabs they'll make a new KI?

Right?

Guys?...

....guys!?

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Well damn, that 4-player X-Men cab will have to be mine. The amount of money I spent on all three of those games in the arcade is still prolly less than the cost of the Arcade 1Up cab.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
That's my fear, it won't be the same without that Nintendo part in the attract mode. I mean they did something similar with the Turtles arcade1up machine where they had to rerecord the turtles theme, It turned out to be ok and wasn't too bad but it wasn't exactly the same afterwards.
In Killer Instinct original arcade there's:

- Nintendo branding on the outside of the machine
- A Nintendo logo on the attract mode
- Nintendo mentioned on the licensing screens
- The Ultra 64 logo on the attract mode together with the phrase "available in 1995..."
- A Nintendo Ultra 64 advert on a billboard on Orchid's skyscraper stage.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
That means that they've been announced by not available for purchase yet.
Read the example I gave, they are saying people should let them know if it's the kind of thing they may want the company to make. Actual announced machines like Killer Instinct talk about the game and then have you be notified when they go on sale, totally different wording.

Billy Awesomo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
New York, New York
In Killer Instinct original arcade there's:

- Nintendo branding on the outside of the machine
- A Nintendo logo on the attract mode
- Nintendo mentioned on the licensing screens
- The Ultra 64 logo on the attract mode together with the phrase "available in 1995..."
- A Nintendo Ultra 64 advert on a billboard on Orchid's skyscraper stage.

Imma assuming all of those were removed for the xbox one port of the game when the released KI1 and 2 along with KI3 Imma guessing and they're probably using that port.