• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

Arc System Works recently announced its lineup for the Toushinsai 2018-19 event that kicks off on March 23, taking the opportunity to reveal the Japanese release date for the Kill la Kill fighting game in the process. According to the press release, Kill la Kill - IF hits PS4, Switch, and PC in Japan on July 25.

Kill la Kill - IF will also launch for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam on July 26 in North America and Europe, per publisher Arc System Works.

D2EhGH-U4AAMmjE.jpg

giphy.gif

Last edited:

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
July 26 in the west. Plus Mako and Ultimate Double Naked DTR announced as free DLC characters due out in the summer.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's a pretty decent good box art! Yooooooo that Animate exclusive tapestry! lololol

Edit: Mako DLC?! Fuck yes!

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The real news is that they announced Mako as free DLC this summer

Kill-la-Kill-IF_2019_03-19-19_009.jpg
Oh she's free? Sheeeeeeit I was happy with her finally getting announced but I'll take it!

I hope the NA version isn't too far behind.

Edit: Just saw salromano's post above. Bless! Summer is getting more and more ridiculous lol.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty tame box art for KLK.
Ha! I was thinking the same thing.
Check out the Animate pre-order bonus on the Gematsu article from the tweet above:

https://gematsu.com/2019/03/kill-la...shoku-and-ultimate-double-naked-dtr-announced

It's full KLK.
On scale of Battleborn to Crackdown 3, how bad will this game be?
I'm hoping for Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Yup. If I ever play this game, I'm definitely not getting it on disc.

Mako as free DLC is pretty sweet. That outfit of hers is by far the best in the show. God I hope this game is going to be at least a 6/10.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Glad to see a simultaneous release. Definitely picking it up. Any word on if it'll support dual audio?

I watched the anime in Japanese and would rather stay consistant if possible.

Oct 27, 2017
Really cool that it's a world-wide release. Between this, Dragon Quest Builders 2, and Fire Emblem Three Houses, July is getting packed.

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
I'm nearing the end of a KLK rewatch right now, in awe of how good it is all over again, so in theory I'd be the perfect demo to be hyped about this game. But. I just can't see it possibly being any good. Nothing about it excites me in the least. Not even the storyline which, while it's a cool idea, I have no faith they'll pull off well.

Not to be too negative! I'd love to be surprised.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man it's been forever since I watched KLK.

Not exactly striking while the Iron is hot. I'll check out some gameplay though could be cool.

I wonder if we'll get characters in their "Nudist Beach" costumes.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I like how everyone is pointing out her back but is not noticing something way more out of line: Her left hand. Shows you what people are actually focusing on...

Oct 26, 2017
Mako confirmed as free DLC makes this a definitive purchase for me.

I'll be surprised if the box art remains the same for NA.

Celcius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping for the best but curious to see how it turns out in terms of the gameplay being fun...

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How many playable characters are there?

And yeah, that box art isn't staying in tact for the NA release.

Feb 15, 2019
What the hell, why does it seem like they put a pretty huge amount of effort into this. I thought it was gonna be a pretty shitty arena fighter at first and it probably will be a pretty shitty arena fighter but it'll be one with at least some effort put into it. Worldwide release, actual lobbies (lol doa), free dlc, dual audio. Pretty impressed with that.