• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Er...

When I click on "try the free demo" it makes me pre-order the game.

edit :

now it seems to work.

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
i quite enjoyed the demo! Simple controls and i think its going to be difficult to master! Also love the cinematics!

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Er...

When I click on "try the free demo" it makes me pre-order the game.

edit :

now it seems to work.
The America and Canadia versions of the demo are apparently a pre-order bonus, while it's free in the rest of the world. Nvm, they get it free too. The 'pre-order demo' is a separate thing from the 'free demo' apparently.

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Damn 7 gigs, didn't expect that but oh well I'll download anyway.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Eh, it's alright. Feels a lot like Eyes of Heaven with how hard it feels like you snap onto the opponent.

How the hell haven't they announced Inferno Cop yet though? It would be so easy to put him in the game.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Huh, this game was not on my radar at all but this demo is alright.
I might pick up the full game after all.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely find it infuriating that Naruto Storm came out over 10 years ago and not a single game has been able to replicate its hit detection and tracking system, as well as fluid dodge mechanic. (Nor the amazing combo cancel system from Generations which included step cancels and dodge cancels that had capcom help cc2)

The only game that remotely came close was the last Saint Seiya game. And it was passable at best (and completely unbalanced).

This seems more polished than the other clones but it really doesn't feel good.

Man.

Oct 27, 2017
I genuinely find it infuriating that Naruto Storm came out over 10 years ago and not a single game has been able to replicate its hit detection and tracking system, as well as fluid dodge mechanic. (Nor the amazing combo cancel system from Generations which included step cancels and dodge cancels that had capcom help cc2)

The only game that remotely came close was the last Saint Seiya game. And it was passable at best (and completely unbalanced).

This seems more polished than the other clones but it really doesn't feel good.

Man.
CyberConnect2 got that secret sauce.

OP
OP
Gold Arsene

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really like how this game looks.

Like the music change when it gets to the final round of a match.

Goro Majima

Oct 29, 2017
Just finished the demo. I have to say I'm impressed, I had a blast playing it.

Nowadays, there is nobody better doing 2D fighting games than Arc System Works.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Was going to post this but I feared thread would get stream rolled by haters. Ya know "ugh, another anime gamez" BS. Yes I love anime games damnit, and this plays amazing.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Eh, it's alright. Feels a lot like Eyes of Heaven with how hard it feels like you snap onto the opponent.

How the hell haven't they announced Inferno Cop yet though? It would be so easy to put him in the game.
Inferno Cop doesn't exist in the third dimension. That's explicitly the reason given as to why he's not here.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I cannot stand the counter hit message and announcer. I wish I could tune that out.

Nov 3, 2017
Bit weird they went with the mid season uniforms for the Elite Four rather than the way better ultimate regalia. Like I get it's for the games story, but it's a shame to lose all those great designs

chronos4590

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This was a lot more fun than i was expecting it to be. Will get it, but maybe on sale since my backlog is nuts as it is. They did a great job capturing the spirit of the show

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they didn't blow their song licensing budget on the show's OP for the title screen instead of getting the OST for the actual game.

Also, I wish they would dial it back on the subtitles for every single kanji/name that flashes up on the screen before and after every fight. After seeing/hearing them a dozen times over I'd rather the screen not be so cluttered for keikaku reasons.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017
I hope they didn't blow their song licensing budget on the show's OP for the title screen instead of getting the OST for the actual game.

Also, I wish they would dial it back on the subtitles for every single kanji/name that flashes up on the screen before and after every fight. After seeing/hearing them a dozen times over I'd rather the screen not be so cluttered for keikaku reasons.
Nah if you play through the demo chapter, you can hear a bit of the music from the show like Ragyo's theme.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Looks amazing on my Pro. I was going to get this on Switch but now idk lol.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'd prefer we get some show osts in these games too, but we never seem to be that lucky. Also especially wanted it on the AoT games too, with that show's utterly amazing soundtrack.

Was going to post this but I feared thread would get stream rolled by haters. Ya know "ugh, another anime gamez" BS. Yes I love anime games damnit, and this plays amazing.
This.
Enjoying the demo.

Man, I miss watching that anime. It was so good.
Yup, loved this show.

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ahh man, this is fun. I spent 2 hours on this and learned new stuff the whole time. Surprised A+ Games pulled this off. Im definitely getting this game.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I had forgotten how embarrassing KLK truly is, i'd have given this a chance if it was 2d, but i don't like arena fighters much.

That said, they nailed the aesthetics.

SigmaCloud

May 8, 2018
Maybe it's because I don't really play arena fighters that often, but I was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed the demo.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I played this a bunch last night. The game looks really good in motion in the fights. Cutscenes less so. Gameplay is about as mashy as I expected/feared. It's great to have all the original VAs back. I think this I going to end up being a lot of fun for fans of the show like me.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
I really enjoyed this and will pick it up sometime later this year because I have too much stuff to play right now. I am shocked that they have the music from the show.

I just finished JoJo: Eye's of Heaven and this is easily a better game. God that game dragged on and on.

Last edited:

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed this and will pick it up sometime later this year because I have too much stuff to play right now. I am shocked that they have the music from the show.

I just finished JoJo: Eye's of Heaven and this is easily a better game. God that game dragged on and on.

When the chant chorus kicks in

1ey7tq.jpg