• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Still waiting on:
Star Citizen (lol)
Praey for the Gods
Bloodstained
Shenmue 3
Heart Forth Alicia
Blasphemous
Kitaru (probably dead)

Never received:
Clang

Received:
Wasteland 2
FTL
Valdis Story: Abyssal City
Shadowrun Returns
Moebius
Starlight Inception
The Banner Saga
Echoes of Eternea
Drifter
Grim Dawn
Republique
Pinball Arcade: Twilight Zone
Pinball Arcade: T2
Pinball Arcade: Addams Family
Tex Murphy
Volgarr the Viking
Pillars of Eternity
Dreamfall: Chapters
Torment: Tides of Numenara
Shroud of the Avatar
Mighty No. 9
Amplitude
Friday the 13th
Sundered

So yeah, the vast majority of what I've backed has come through or is about to come through. I don't expect Kitaru will ever get made, but the rest at least have some kind of playable build available except for Heart Forth Alicia, which has had recent updates despite being four years late.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
Knights & Bikes from Foam sword games. https://store.steampowered.com/app/592480/Knights_And_Bikes/

It's been almost 3 years.

I believe they're on the final stretch as I just completed my credits name and platform of choice survey. Woohoo.
Completely forgot about this and the cutoff is two days, thanks for the heads up! Still looking forward to K&B.

Didn't back Heart Forth, Alicia thankfully but have still been keeping an eye on it. He's at real risk of pissing off too many backers in the quest for perfection.

Cube001

Dec 7, 2017
Let's see,

Heart Forth, Alicia: I've been following up the development of this game prior to the kickstarter campaign, and it's been 5 years since the campaign was launched with the original release date being set to Oct 2014 and yet there is still no solid release date for the game. Having said that, The developer still regularly publishes development updates (latest was in May 3, 2019), and i'm still looking forward to it as it seems great. The way I see it, the reason for this long development time is two folds (at least), trying to release so much content at once, and redoing a lot of things over the course of the long development time, while they could have released a smaller base game and expanded on that with DLCs and patched across these five years, like other games.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night & Shenmue 3 : Both games already have a release date (June 18, 2019 & Aug 27, 2019) and I'm looking forward to both of them.

FIGHT KNIGHT: Initial release date was June 2018, it is not out yet, however, the developer is hard at work finishing the game and it's almost there according to the latest update.

Indivisible: The original launch date was Jan 2018, the game seems to be in the final stages of development and hopefully makes the 2019 release date.

Crow Pudding

Nov 12, 2017
There's a lot of my ks games that have passed a year from their theoretical release, but the one it hurts me more is Little devil inside.

Man, I really hope there could be some news soon...

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Blue Omen and Indivisible have been going for a while (Blue Omen barely a year tbf), but update blog posts are still happening and I have a good feeling these two will deliver eventually.

Happy Hell - Started in feb 2015 apparently. I had written this off since updates were very sparse and last time there was nothing for over a year. Looking at the page tho it seems there's been an update last march and it looks decent? Nice to know the creator is still working on it atleast!

Barkley 2 - Who the hell knows.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Nothing, because I've only ever backed only two games and turned out I didn't like them - Torment Numenara(bored an hour in) and PoE(which was decent but the combat was dull).

Cyn

Oct 31, 2017
Waiting on Bloodstained and Psychonauts 2 (Although this was a Fig backing, not KS)

Oct 28, 2017
Soul Saga (this is the game I feel most like an idiot for backing, my pledge was for the Wii U version for crying out loud) and Shenmue 3. I've backed a few other games that did deliver. Even though sometimes they didn't fully live up to the project's promises, they're still in a complete and playable state.

Oct 25, 2017
Only one left for me is System Shock. It looks like Nightdive has righted the boat on that development but it was looking pretty iffy for a while there.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
I backed Shenmue 3 in 2015 but it's slated to come out at the end of August (fingers crossed).
same with me.
Unfortunately I am not happy with how they handle the pledge.
1. The support email for backers are not attended by anyone.
You can try emailing [email protected]
2. The developers prioritize collecting T-Shirt size rather than the region of the game
They hate fans who want physical copies but unfortunately living in other regions
They decided the game region based on shipping address

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Not Kickstarter, and not a game-- but it is game related: Troy Baker (and his band) basically took money from 800 people, and two years later hasn't delivered.

https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/troybaker

I'm actually surprised this isn't more of a story, perhaps because Baker has such a large fanbase they've managed to silence any criticism. People have pledged between $35 (and up to $5,000) for physical products like signed CDs, etc.

The original fulfilment date was June 16, 2017. The last updated change was June 1, 2018. They've never updated the fulfillment date after that, giving nearly every excuse short of "my dog ate the CDs" for reasons why they haven't fulfilled pledges. The latest excuse du jour is that "Pledge Music is in danger of shutting down, therefore we're waiting to see what happens to THEM before we send out anything."

Next month is two full years. Baker has taken countless jobs since then, including launching his own YouTube show, but I guess signing a few CDs and going to a UPS store is asking too much.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Legitimately pumped about how the game is shaping up. I've written about this exhaustively, but in case you aren't aware I rebooted the game's development entirely a bit over a year ago for a number of reasons -- And in the process I switched to a new engine (Unity). So much more is possible now.

I'm working towards releasing a demo this year and then talking about an actual release timeline after the feedback from the demo is processed and any fixes/course corrections deemed necessary are made.
Nice! Looking good. I think I saw something about you having changed engines, but I wasn't sure about progress since.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, the idea of having a month and year release date, something that specific, is one of the worst things about Kickstarter. It does nothing but hurt creators and backers alike IMO

Like you're essentially asking an author still on the draft of the first few chapters to tell you the exact month and year that the finished book will be on shelves.

It doesn't make any sense. Those release dates are estimated before the projects receive funding and largely before the main chunk of development is even begun. And as soon as stretch goals or overfunding happen, that release date becomes completely useless

My advice is to completely ignore those dates. They're hopeful estimates, not concrete launch periods. Stop seeing projects being "late" as an inherently bad thing. Instead gauge the status of Kickstarters not by whether a project met an outdated guess of a release period, but by the content and frequency of updates.

Last edited:

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Bloodstained and Shenmue 3 which should both be out soon.

The only other is One Step to Eden which only ended semi-recently and claims it'll be out in January.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
90's Arcade Racer (which was also supposed to be coming out on WiiU lulz)
2af260dff82eef9eea6dbbea3c469aa0_original.jpg

Drift Stage
e42026506ad27010d547a4f4171b5365_original.png

Oct 25, 2017
Knights and Bikes, funded in 2016, I think.
I've received my backer survey recently and the beta is coming soon, so I don't think it will take much longer.

Funded and received:
- Planetary Anihilation
- AdventureOS

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Bloodstained, Soul Saga, Psychonauts 2, and Shenmue 3

Im over the whole kickstarter thing outside of board games, which have provided phenomenal value. Banner saga, darkest dungeon, shadowrun, and valdis story ended up being pretty great, whole yooka laylee and a hat in time failed to impress. Overall I'm okay with my backing history, but often I've found that by the time the game actually releases, I no longer am really in the mood for whatever genre of game I backed at the time of release.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only backed one game, ever. Yooka Laylee. Glad it came out and it fulfilled its promises. Too bad the game needed some work and to rethink some of its level designs. Was still an okay game.

I want to see some more cool stuff on kickstarter. But I havent found anything I'm willing to back let alone interested in.

Teppic

Oct 25, 2017
Blasphemous (soon)
Bloodstained (very soon)
Ghost Song (slow but steady)
Ghost Theory (dead)
Heart Forth, Alicia (2019?)
Home Free (slow but steady)
Super Retro Squad (dead)

The other 14 projects I've backed have all been released.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
For me it's...

Still Coming:
The Good Life
Blue Omen Operation
Steamboat Billy
Shenmue 3
Pine
Knights and Bikes
Kynseed
Knuckle Sandwich
Backbone
Flynn: Son of Crimson

???:
Moira
Midora

lol:
Project Phoenix

So yeah I think I chose pretty well, but all the same I treat it as an investment, not a pre-order. If a game doesn't happen I'm not too cut up about it, but then again I barely pledge more than $20. Shenmue 3 is the one exception I think.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Heart Forth, Alicia

I'm not unhappy about it though. The developer posts regular updates and progress looks good to outstanding. It'll be ready when it's ready.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Copper Dreams and Octopus City Blues.

I do think both will launch but, hey, no rush.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Knights and Bikes is getting close!!!

The Good Life seems to be going well (honestly Swery can just keep my money even if it falls apart, he deserves it)

Shenmue 3... soon baby

Zip Stick

Oct 30, 2017
- Knights and Bikes
- Lonely Mountains: Downhill

Been gagging for Lonely Mountains but Descenders has come along to tie me over until it releases.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Not counting bigger studio stuff with tons of press coverage like Bloodstained and Shenmue...

Heart Forth, Alicia: Coming out this year looks like

Ghost Song: Had to restart in Unity (don't remember what the initial engine was) but has consistently updated and looks incredible and I think might end up being my favorite Metroidvania ever; we shall see in a year or two!

Omori: Coming this year or next from the looks of it

You Are Not The Hero: Not sure if it'll ever actually happen as there hasn't been an update on it in years. This is probably the only one I've ever backed that felt like it might not happen

Frozen Viper

Feb 7, 2019
Technically didn't get burned, but I backed Battletech and most of not all of the features I backed for got cut, which definitely left a sour taste in my mouth.

Almost backed the Mandate, but luckily didn't board that hype train.

Exis

Oct 25, 2017
The only game I have actually lost is Power Drive 2000 and 90's Arcade Racer.
There is a book about wrestling games that I have been waiting for 5 fucking years for.

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Heart Forth, Alicia and Soul Saga. Both seem to get semi regular updates from the devs, but honestly I'm not really expecting either to ever finally deliver.

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Backed Yooka thinking it would deliver, it obviously didn't but that's alright.
Bloodstained is next, I have faith (PS4 Pro at least).

Recently, I backed:
OMNO
Bushiden

We'll see how it goes!

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Bloodstained, but that will be resolved soon.

Heart Forth Alicia, and boy if this isn't the perfect example of what happens when you don't have a producer enforcing constraints and deadlines, then I don't know what is.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
In order of backing.

Two Guys SpaceVenture - by the creators of Space Quest, Jun 2012
Legend of Iya, Aug 2013
Ghost Song: A Journey of Hope, Sep 2013
【Project Phoenix】 Japan's indie RPG feat. AAA talent!, Sep 2013
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Jun 2015

Bloodstained, despite being the latest one I backed, is coming out next. Project Phoenix is probably never coming out. The rest, who knows. Space Venture and Ghost Song show signs of life every now and then but it's hard to say how close or far they are, both are extremely late either way. Legend of Iya creator is active on twitter and is seemingly working on it among other games, but his last KS update was something like 18 months ago.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Technically, I'm still waiting for AI War II and Wolcen (formerly named Umbra) but both are on Steam early access and they receive frequent updates so I'm not worried.