• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

The promissed demo is arriving on october 15.
It contains 6 songs, 4 solo stages and 2 Co-op stages it seems.

KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory DEMO Version

Try out the demo version of the first rhythm action game in the KINGDOM HEARTS series Experience the music of KINGDOM HEARTS like never before Melody of Memory features 20 characters, 140 music tracks, and online VS multiplayer mode. Explore the music and memories from the KINGDOM HEARTS series...

Get KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory DEMO Version (International) | Xbox

Try out the demo version of the first rhythm action game in the KINGDOM HEARTS series!* *The demo version features 4 Field Battle Music Stages and 2 Co-op Music Stages for a total of 6 playable songs. Play data and records will not be saved.

Last edited:

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Details for the English version of the demo:

Audio
English

Subtitles
Arabic
German
English
Italian
French
Spanish

File Size 579.93 MB

I'm jumping in to try it out in an hour. Excited to see how this plays.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm so stoked for this. Can't wait. Though, I wonder if the cutscenes on Switch are going to be pre-rendered while the PS4 versions will be in-engine? Or both pre-rendered.

OP
OP
Wispmetas

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so stoked for this. Can't wait. Though, I wonder if the cutscenes on Switch are going to be pre-rendered while the PS4 versions will be in-engine? Or both pre-rendered.

Yeah I'm interested to see how they handled KH 3's world music stages also, are we expecting them to use pre-rendered backgrounds there also?

I'm jumping in to try it out in an hour. Excited to see how this plays.

Excited to hear impressions before I can dive into it later in the day!

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Excited for this. I should probably play Remind soon before the full thing drops.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
I kinda want all the demo songs to just be six versions of Dearly Beloved lol.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Timing is definitely stricter than Theatrhythm but not as tight as more hardcore rhythm games

The mechanics feel adequately KH x rhythm game

The songs are:
- Welcome to Wonderland
- Hand in Hand
- The Rustling Forest
- Wave of Darkness I

The co-op songs are:
- Sinister Shadows
- All for One

Last edited:

Shaoran Hyku

Aug 6, 2020
If Nomura don't include a exclusive piece of lore in this demo that is not available in the full game I'll be sad.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The charting is about on par with Theatrhythm, it'll just roughly follow the song. It's not like the Persona games where it's completely all over the place. Wave of Darkness was little odd at the start but the rest were fine.

My main complaint is that the game is a little visually noisy, like the Miku games. Sometimes there's a lot of enemies with different visuals and it can be tough to see things. The shift in camera perspective from Theatrhythm is a little rough. They clearly want the game to feel like you're attacking the enemies straight out of Kingdom Hearts but that doesn't always lend itself to clear note prompts. Especially when you've got lots of enemies in a row. The config menu is barebones, I hope they add stuff like lowering the background brightness, making visual prompts bigger, etc.

Also all of the songs are in-engine. There seems to be a selection menu to change your party, but you can't access it. You're stuck with Sora/Donald/Goofy and Riku in co-op.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No one wanted to link the actual source for some reason, so here:

Try out the demo version of the first rhythm action game in the KINGDOM HEARTS series Experience the music of KINGDOM HEARTS like never before Melody of Memory features 20 characters, 140 music tracks, and online VS multiplayer mode. Explore the music and memories from the KINGDOM HEARTS series...

Get KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory DEMO Version (International) | Xbox

Try out the demo version of the first rhythm action game in the KINGDOM HEARTS series!* *The demo version features 4 Field Battle Music Stages and 2 Co-op Music Stages for a total of 6 playable songs. Play data and records will not be saved.

Pierogi Mage

One Winged Slayer
Dec 7, 2017
Timing is definitely stricter than Theatrhythm but not as tight as more hardcore rhythm games

The mechanics feel adequately KH x rhythm game

The songs are:
- Welcome to Wonderland
- Hand in Hand
- The Rustling Forest
- Wave of Darkness I

The co-op songs are:
- Sinister Shadows
- All for One

How do the co op songs work? Do you have to have 2 people to play them?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I wonder if there will be Critical difficulty because Proud isn't that hard

The main problem seems to be differentiating notes, it's hard to see them coming because enemies themselves are the notes and often it's hard to tell if they're double notes, or the timing of multiple in a row so it might become more of a memorization thing which I don't love

How do the co op songs work? Do you have to have 2 people to play them?
Yes you need 2 people

It plays like the normal game except there's two people at once

Pierogi Mage

One Winged Slayer
Dec 7, 2017

The main problem seems to be differentiating notes, it's hard to see them coming because enemies themselves are the notes and often it's hard to tell if they're double notes, or the timing of multiple in a row so it might become more of a memorization thing which I don't love

Yes you need 2 people

It plays like the normal game except there's two people at once

So if you dont have someone to play with youre SoL? That seems pretty awful

Pierogi Mage

One Winged Slayer
Dec 7, 2017
It's just a two player mode, presumably in the full game those songs will also be available in single player, I don't know why you'd want to play co-op without them. It plays just like the normal game
Thats what im wondering if you can play them without needing a 2nd player

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017

Pretty sure there is no critical for this one. Do you get to select the styles as well? In the interview they said "performer style" is more challenging since it require more buttons at once. So I assume Performer style + Proud mode is the hardest atm?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Pretty sure there is no critical for this one. Do you get to select the styles as well? In the interview they said "performer style" is more challenging since it require more buttons at once. So I assume Performer style + Proud mode is the hardest atm?
You do get to choose the style but I haven't tried it yet, just default controls

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Okay I tried Performer style. I don't get the timing of the additional buttons. It's not like normal ones. Sometimes you press them really early? Sometimes they just don't seem to respond? It's confusing.

edit: oh okay I get it you can only hit them if you have a combo going. if you drop your combo the performer inputs just do nothing. it certainly makes things harder I guess

also demo progress isn't saved

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I can't seem to get the PS4 version of the demo, but I'm downloading the XBO version right now.

OP
OP
Wispmetas

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is this out on Nintendo Switch? I can't find it, pretty strange.

Last edited:

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I tried co-op mode but I live by myself so I was attempting to use two controllers at the same time.

I'm surprised I got as high as B on that.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Man the jumps are kinda messing with me, gonna take abit to get used to them

Thats what im wondering if you can play them without needing a 2nd player
one of the Demo songs is All for One which you can see it being played in Single player in one of the trailers so it's safe to say that won't be an issue

7Suna

Oct 31, 2017
Xbox already out!

t0qy9oa.jpg

OP
OP
Wispmetas

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Watching someone attempting wave of darkness on proud, and it looks insanely difficult.

BPHusker

Oct 26, 2017
Nebraska
I wish this was Theatrhythm gameplay and not what they changed the gameplay into.

Also, can we get a Theatrhythm collection for Switch? Lol

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Was there ever any word on this coming to PC? Not port begging, just curious.