• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
so I spilled some water on my keyboard and now it's gone bonkers.

Half the keys either don't work, have extra characters associated with them, or are pressing by themselves.

It's a wireless keyboard, tried turning it off and on, drying it, changing the batteries, nothing.

PRed

Jan 7, 2018
It's probably time you get a new keyboard. Water damage is usually not covered by warranty

OP
OP
Speevy

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Typed this on phone. My keyboard is just fucking with me. Every key I press opens up something I didn't ask for or types a comma or something.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Try laying it, keys down, on a towel for 24 hours. Even better if you can take it apart and dry off all the parts before you do that.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
time for a new keyboard? You can even buy one at Walgreens. But also put it in a giant bag or bin of rice just in case 🤷‍♀️

Oct 27, 2017
well i mean conductors gonna conduct my man, when you press a key that shit's gonna slip and slide all over your membrane