• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I mean... I don't know what would compel him to make this.

But I guess if he's gonna roll with it and try to do the winking meta villain thing while actually facing sexual assault charges, he might as well go all in and be Keyze-- uhh... Verbal. Verbal Kint. :)

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
He actually believes he's Frank Underwood. My god.
I don't believe he does. I believe he let people know his disgusting character through the characters he portrayed in films.

In Baby Driver, he played a man who grooms children. He's a creep.

I think he's just trying to fuck with the creators of House of Cards by saying Frank isn't dead.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was very confused but then the public domain horror stinger kicked in and my mind was once again at peace.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe he does. I believe he let people know his disgusting character through the characters he portrayed in films.

In Baby Driver, he played a man who grooms children. He's a creep.

I think he's just trying to fuck with the creators of House of Cards by saying Frank isn't dead.
let's not drag the good name of Baby Driver into this

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You'd think out of all people, Kevin Spacey would remember the profound wisdom of Buddy Ackerman.

Life is not a fucking movie.

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017
Just as well he played Frank Underwood these past few years otherwise we probably would have e just watched the resurrection on John Doe.

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not saying he's not a good actor. I'm saying if your sole reaction after essentially being verbally assaulted by the creepiness of his video is "boy, what a great actor!" that's a shitty, dismissive response.
Is it worse than the "Looks like CG" comments? I think everyone is onboard the "Kevin Spacey is a fucking creep" train and nobody is excusing his actions because he's displaying his formidable acting chops in this strange video.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Is it worse than the "Looks like CG" comments? I think everyone is onboard the "Kevin Spacey is a fucking creep" train and nobody is excusing his actions because he's displaying his formidable acting chops in this strange video.
An isolated "He's a great actor" is just a really weird take is what I'm saying, and not even commenting on the obvious creepy vibes. I'm not saying you can't have that take but I am saying it's a strange and questionable takeaway in context.

Essentially complimenting someone after they tell you "fuck you, I'm a creepy asshole and I don't care enough to not make my video about my talents, in response to being charged federally for sexual assault".

Stouffers

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I often wonder if successful actors who play multiple types of roles retain their primary personality over time. Just like an accent when living in a different region, one's self has to get diluted and perverted. I doubt there is any real Kevin Spacey left.

Last edited:

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is this a teaser of house of cards season 7?
Lol

What is this guy thinking, he is out of his mind

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
Just when you thought we had reached peak 2018... late December reminding you that it's not over til it's over.

Apr 14, 2018
I often wonder if successful actors who play multiple types of roles retain their primary personality over time. Just like an accent when living in a different land, one's self has to get diluted and perverted. I doubt there is any real Kevin Spacey left.

Yeah, I know a few actors personally who suffer from BPD and think of acting as a form of therapy for their condition. I'm no psychologist, but that's never sounded healthy to me.

After watching this I feel like Spacey might have always suffered from untreated mental illness he'd just channel into his roles.

Joyful

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cant imagine how bad the last season of house of cards was without him
it was probably really bad

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

What a creepy video. I was honestly quite perplexed that Netflix might actually be doing more House of Cards. I was relieved when the public domain stinger came on though and no NetFlix affiliation.

I wonder if there's any retaliatory actions that Netflix can take?

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watched House of Cards, but in the clips I've seen this is the first time I've heard him do that accent without it sounding off.

I guess he's had a lot of time to practice. Probably better to live as a fictional character than the person he actually is.

WarLox

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I enjoyed him as an actor and I enjoyed his Frank character. Its becoming easier to separate the art from the artist, though I wish he could majin buu his way out of this and split his evil into it's own being so I can continue to enjoy his art.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Fucking BIZARRE. Also maybe it's the situation but I didn't find it to be good acting at all, it felt forced and extremely cringy.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought I had seen it all and Kevin Spacey delivers this batshit insane gem of a video. He's lost his marbles.

Raiku

Oct 25, 2017
California, USHeyHey!
meawjm.gif

ehagrs.gif

Last edited:

retrocore9

Banned
Dec 27, 2017
Here is my thinking behind his video

1. Pure Hollywood ego and his publicist. What would be a great christmas gift to all of your fans but to show up as your most popular character on youtube! And look how talented he is still!
2. The idea that we should embrace his rebellious nature which includes being a sexual predator.
3. There is also a theme in the video that things have always been this way. Kind of like with Harvey Weinstein, this kind of behavior was accepted in Hollywood for years. Why judge him now?

I also remember Spacey going to rehab with Weinstein last year. Which means he knew he has a problem. Now he's denying it?

camaway

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Dismissing allegations of sexual assault; account still in junior phase.
Say what you want about him, but I'd love to see him back on the big screen. He is a gifted actor and Frank Underwood was one fantastic character.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, the fuck is this.

Half the time he's talking about like if he's Frank, referencing his off-screen death and shit. The other half he's clearly talking about real life allegations but while in Frank's character.

What in the frick. Is he saying because we liked watching him be a bad guy in a television show, that we should also accept him as a bad guy IRL???