• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Miles X

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"But because times today are so sensitive, we forget the jokes are made with the intensive purpose of making people laugh, not to hurt. That's not the purpose behind the joke," he said.

Hart said it was never the intent of his comedy to be offensive — and if the listener took offense, then that is "a choice" made by the listener. "To me, when I did it, I thought that it would be funny. So if people choose to take offense to something, then that's a choice," he said.

Advocate - Kevin Hart: Being Offended by Antigay Jokes Is a 'Choice'

Twitter - GMA Video "Because of their choice in life" (Being gay is a choice)

Kevin continues on his apology? tour, continuing to be the victim and apparantly saying sorry in the most unconvincing way.

Last edited:

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Well that's stupid. If you know something is offensive but you "only intend it to make people laugh" then it doesn't automatically cancels the joke being offensive, lol.

People are silly.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't sound like he said being gay is a choice, he said being offended is a choice.
Still some dumbass shit he's saying.
EDIT: I only read the quote in the OP and didn't notice the second link, nvm.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Not seeing him say that being gay is a choice there. He's a sack of shit but that doesn't appear to be what he said at all?

Edit: actually that does appear to be what he said. Although it seems more like a stumble than a declaration. Which, is still unacceptable and bad.

Deepthought_

Banned
May 15, 2018
Click bait title or you misinterpreted what he is saying

Going by my experiences on this forum it seems to be the norm when black speak up about something

OP
OP
Miles X

Miles X

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't sound like he said being gay is a choice, he said being offended is a choice.
Still some dumbass shit he's saying.
EDIT: I only read the quote in the OP and didn't notice the second link, nvm.

That's fine, yeah it's pretty clear "If anybody thinks Kevin Hart is a monster, that he wouldn't love someone because of the choices they've made in their life" something to that effect.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
What would you rather do
Apologize
Or go on a multi-week multi-city PR blitz where you don't apologize and blame other people

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Someone involved in his career (agent, publicist, reps) need to tell him to stop talking. I know he's doing press for a movie so he sort of has to be out there but damn, how do you not have a better game plan for dealing with these questions?

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
That's very flawed logic. It's different then a man verbally sexually harassing a women. Her taking it as an issue is not a choice. Him being a fucking a homophobic to the gay community is his choice. It doesn't work like he is saying it does.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Was expecting something new, but he doesn't say being gay is a choice. Thread title is a lie. Should be changed in case folks don't read the OP.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Hart said it was never the intent of his comedy to be offensive — and if the listener took offense, then that is "a choice" made by the listener. "To me, when I did it, I thought that it would be funny. So if people choose to take offense to something, then that's a choice," he said.

This is a weird part to clip, OP. In the video he is clearly saying that being gay is a choice, but your quote is making it sound like that's not what happened.

OP
OP
Miles X

Miles X

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There are two links ....

The text and first link are about people chosing to be offended.

The second link (twitter video) is him saying being gay is a choice.

It's all in the OP, pretty clear ..

MisterSnrub

Mar 10, 2018
Someplace Far Away
Kevin Hart is a megalomaniac that lacks self-reflection and refers to himself in the third person unironically - AND he's painfully unfunny. We had enough reason to ignore him before those tweets resurfaced

Oct 26, 2017
Well it just so happens that there's a large portion of people in the US with a whole sack full of racist "jokes" who gladly latch onto this excuse. but that's cool though huh Kevin?

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
The quote in the OP is from a different interview than the second link.

I know. It's just unfortunately worded. People are going to naturally look at the thread title, look at the quote and make a correlation when really the "says being gay is a choice" is from the video, the second link. It's just unfortunate because now we have a page of "that's not what he said".

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
At this point, he should just stop talking about it and move on. He's just digging a deeper hole for himself.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Why is it so hard to just say:

"I am sorry for what I said. I realize now that was wrong and I have grown as a person. I will be better going forward."

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
It's always been pretty obvious that he's just a plain homophobe.

Fuck him, and all these idiots who cape for him.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I only clicked the first link at first

I just watched the video but he didn't say specifically being gay was a choice
Are you kidding? He was directly asked what he would do if he or anyone else had a gay son. Hart's response:

"if anybody out there wants to believe that Kevin Hart is that much of a monster that he wouldn't love somebody because of their choice in life.."

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Was expecting something new, but he doesn't say being gay is a choice. Thread title is a lie. Should be changed in case folks don't read the OP.

Stop this gaslighting.

"If anyone out there wants to believe Kevin Hart is that much of a monster, that he wouldn't love somebody because of their choice in life..."

This is what he says during the second video linked.