• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
A) Kevin is homophobic right now.

B) The posters that are cheering his injuries have been banned, at least all those I can see

C) Telling LGBT+ people to 'GET OFF YOUR FUCKING HIGH HORSE' about a known homophobe is extremely insensitive.
Pardon me, but your argument derives from Kevin wording that being gay is choice yes? Could it be just a bad choice of words? I really don't get a 'homophobe' vibe from him. I view homophobe as someone who outright hates gay people. Do you believe he hates LGBT folk?

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pardon me, but your argument derives from Kevin wording that being gay is choice yes? Could it be just a bad choice of words? I really don't get a 'homophobe' vibe from him. I view homophobe as someone who outright hates gay people. Do you believe he hates LGBT folk?

Calling being gay a choice is ABSOLUTELY homophobic, yes.

He's also previously joked about beating his son if he found out he was gay, and stated that when your son 'has their first gay moment', you 'have to take action'.

Sokrates

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let me know when Sarah Silverman and other white celebrities get the same treatment as Hart has.

It's almost as if another black man had the gall to rise up in a mostly white industry. It's telling that the people concerned about past peccadillos only target minority celebrities.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck anyone really taking this time to jump on what he said years ago. Dude was in a serious accident, and here you are being an dick. Save that shit for some other board. Lame asses

Vyrak

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Let me know when Sarah Silverman and other white celebrities get the same treatment as Hart has.

It's almost as if another black man had the gall to rise up in a mostly white industry. It's telling that the people concerned about past peccadillos only target minority celebrities.

Wasn't Sarah Silverman just fired from a job because of shit she has done in the past?

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

He's also previously joked about beating his son if he found out he was gay, and stated that when your son 'has their first gay moment', you 'have to take action'.
But he also said that he's changed and he no longer makes those jokes. Is this not progress on his part?

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018

Yes, 10+ years ago for which he apologized numerous times. How much more blood do you need from him?

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Oct 23, 2017
First and second what? WTF are you talking about?

People have already been banned in this thread for inappropriate commentary. To most reasonable commentators those comments which came into the thread to talk about his failings & then say, "zero sympathy for this asshole," is easily seen as cheering on his injuries.

Then there's you, who seems to be more concerned about somehow stating that these statements aren't cheering on his injuries than anything else in this thread.

Vyrak

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
People have already been banned in this thread for inappropriate commentary. To most reasonable commentators those comments which came into the thread to talk about his failings & then say, "zero sympathy for this asshole," is easily seen as cheering on his injuries.

Then there's you, who seems to be more concerned about somehow stating that these statements aren't cheering on his injuries than anything else in this thread.

I mean, it is easily seen that way if you want to be just as dense as the people you are criticizing sure. But I thought you wanted people to be "better" than that.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Again, for the millionth time, he called being gay a choice AFTER those apologies.
My argument was that he's making progress, not that he has been absolved of all wrong doing. Could be a point of ignorance for someone to call being gay a choice. If he apologized, says he's changed and he no longer makes those jokes, I'm willing to give the guy a little bit of the benefit of the doubt, but it's cool man. You are free to feel as strongly as you do.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
User banned (1 week): homophobic rhetoric
As a bisexual man, I'd like him to stop calling being gay a choice, given that he did so back in January after his apology tour. But apparently that's too much 'blood' for you.
No, asking someone to view your lifestyle properly isn't a lot to ask. Nor is it a lot to ask people to not celebrate devastating car crashes because one of the people in the car isn't perfect.

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Oct 23, 2017
I mean, it is easily seen that way if you want to be just as dense as the people you are criticizing sure. But I thought you wanted people to be "better" than that.

Better than people coming into a thread & saying "zero sympathy for this asshole."

Yes, I want people to be better than that.

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
It is possible for people to think negatively about a person but also not express that at every opportunity. It is ok to not say anything. It is ok to express the hope that he and those involved recover fully and not say anything else. Saying nothing doesn't mean you support homophobia. Some people appear to need to grandstand.

If this was a thread about one of his movies/commercial products, then that would be a different story.

JJAwiiu

Oct 27, 2017
Man, Kevin's been having a rough year. Glad to read the report that his back injury wasn't "serious" and he's expected to make a full recovery.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I seriously can't believe we've gone back to this shit. What is wrong with some of you people? This place just straight up sucks sometimes.

You had a couple of people saying no sympathy for him, you had some saying he was driving. Some of you are just straight up terrible people.

Anyway, get well Kevin.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Kevin Hart worked his ass off to get to where he is today, the man was not born into privilege. His father had a serious addiction problem. He didn't have a Dad teach him right or wrong, his Dad was always coked up.

People of privilege really need to understand that

I wish him a quick and speedy recovery

Vyrak

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Kevin Hart worked his ass off to get to where he is today, the man was not born into privilege. His father had a serious addiction problem. He didn't have a Dad teach him right or wrong, his Dad was always coked up.

People of privilege really need to understand that

I wish him a quick and speedy recovery
...do you honestly feel this is a reasonable excuse for being homophobic at 40?

Phantom_Snake

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
"I'm sure that after this interview, they'll cut this up and find things that I said that wasn't enunciated correctly. I will say this, and I want to make this very clear ... once again, Kevin Hart apologizes for his remarks that hurt members of the LGBTQ community," Hart said.

"So today, I act as somebody that is positively reinforcing your message. If you ignore that, then your fight isn't for equality," he added.

Sounds like someone that wants to be better and more understanding but keeps getting rejected.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"I'm sure that after this interview, they'll cut this up and find things that I said that wasn't enunciated correctly. I will say this, and I want to make this very clear ... once again, Kevin Hart apologizes for his remarks that hurt members of the LGBTQ community," Hart said.

"So today, I act as somebody that is positively reinforcing your message. If you ignore that, then your fight isn't for equality," he added.

Sounds like someone that wants to be better and more understanding but keeps getting rejected.

Look at the date on that article.

Then look at the date on this:

If he wants to do better, then he needs to actually... do better.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
...do you honestly feel this is a reasonable excuse for being homophobic at 40?
no, some people need more time to evolve on the issue. Not everyone is privileged to have all progressiveness showered on them and be perfect. Some people need more time to upgrade their thoughts, especially if they had a more difficult path to attain success.

Heck, both Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton where against Same Sex Marriage leading up to the 2008 DNC Primaries.
Both of them only changed their stances AFTER the US Supreme Court that did the actual work. How convenient was it for both Obama and Clinton.

Sokrates

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ask the people justifying it? I didn't bring it up.

No one is justifying his homophobia. And we're mad that in a thread where a man has just been involved in a car accident, other pathetic posters bring up his past mistakes as though it we're relevant.

Imagine if a woman got assaulted and then someone brings up the fact that she said something prejudiced a decade ago. We'd obviously tell that person to fuck off. Dunno why it's acceptable here 🤷🏻‍♂️

Vyrak

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
no, some people need more time to evolve on the issue. Not everyone is privileged to have all progressiveness showered on them and be perfect. Some people need more time to upgrade their thoughts, especially if they had a more difficult path to attain success.

Heck, both Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton where against Same Sex Marriage leading up to the 2008 DNC Primaries.
Both of them only changed their stances AFTER the US Supreme Court that did the actual work. How convenient was it for both Obama and Clinton.

You can't say no and then spend the rest of your post saying yes.

Honestly I'm not sure what point you are making bringing up Hillary and Obama, I wouldn't point to either of them as some beacon of morality. You yourself explain why.

No one is justifying his homophobia. And we're mad that in a thread where a man has just been involved in a car accident, other pathetic posters bring up his past mistakes as though it we're relevant.

Imagine if a woman got assaulted and then someone brings up the fact that she said something prejudiced a decade ago. We'd obviously tell that person to fuck off. Dunno why it's acceptable here 🤷🏻‍♂️

Except the person that literally did, try reading more I guess?

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
You can't say no and then spend the rest of your post saying yes.

Honestly I'm not sure what point you are making bringing up Hillary and Obama, I wouldn't point to either of them as some beacon of morality. You yourself explain why.

Except the person that literally did, try reading more I guess?
My own evolution on the matter only happened in my mid-20s when I started working professionally, I had Gay co-workers and they were great co-workers.
If I would have stayed in back of the grill flipping burgers, chances are that I would not have evolved as I did when I went to work professionally.

Exposure helps allot, working with people from different backgrounds, that opens up hearts and minds.

But never forget, not everyone has the same path on their evolutionary thoughts on the matter. Some people need more time.

I am posting about my personal evolution to explain to you that it takes some people time!! I was born in 1975 for crying out loud, lol.