• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Touche. They caught you slipping Hart. Era gonna dance on that man's grave though! Good on Lil Nas though. Do you that's all that matters.

On another note it kinda sucks being a straight black man like for real in the sense that we no longer have a foot hold. No common support group.

The concept of strong and black seems to automatically entice feelings of toxic masculinity when mention regardless of context.

Being a black male is so weird right now not saying it has never been but just my opinion. Might need to go start a thread on The Coli lol!
I was a member of The Coli back in highschool. lol if it's anything like it was back then, that's gonna be one dumpster fire of a thread. Coli and AllHipHop have tons of great discussions and cool people but the amount of thirst for the female members, the sheer number of hotep idiots, and the unmoderated casual homophobia... also white people pretending to be black lmao. i saw that a lot.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
The Coli was good for jacking their reaction .pngs and then dipping right on out.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Never found this diet chris tucker funny. When will he be cancelled already so we don't have to be subjected to his shitty movies. Man has had so many close calls and gets out safe :(

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Try hard, die hard. Performative wokeness while proving exactly what you're trying to disprove.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
I don't understand why Kevin is playing fucking stupid. No gay dude in the hood is gonna let people know he's gay. I hate when dudes do shit like this.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
But he does understand, because he didn't start out in that super rich LA category. Hart grew up in the hood, he cut his teeth in the hood. He made his initial bread and butter in the hood. So he knows damn well what it's like being a young black boy growing up in the hood and how you get treated if niggas even catch a whiff of gay on you. He wouldn't even be on The Barbershop if he were that far removed.

So the situation is reverse. Hart didn't play dumb to the obvious because he's in the rich bubble and doesn't understand what it's like. He played dumb as a performance for others in that bubble right along with him. This shit was for Ellen and her ilk.
You know Lonzo Ball, Seth Rogen and Pharrell have all been on Barbershop and all grew up privileged, right? It isnt a show for only people who "grew up in the hood."
Hart is so far removed from Philly. His comedy shows it too. Its the same nonsense people give JayZ from growing up in the projects but has been a millionaire longer in his life than he lived there. Yes it was hard for them before, but they have lived the rich bubble life longer than the 18 years "growing up in the hood."

People like Hart and Jay eventually lose touch of where they came from and all they care about is making more money. Stepping on their own people doesnt bother them at all.

Dec 12, 2017
79XXexZ.gif
This reaction gif is amazing.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was a member of The Coli back in highschool. lol if it's anything like it was back then, that's gonna be one dumpster fire of a thread. Coli and AllHipHop have tons of great discussions and cool people but the amount of thirst for the female members, the sheer number of hotep idiots, and the unmoderated casual homophobia... also white people pretending to be black lmao. i saw that a lot.
You know your forum is bad when there's "Educated Discussion"/"Grown Talk" sub-forums. I had no idea some of my people were so ignorant until I got on those boards lol.

Deleted member 32563

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Specifically why I lol'd.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
You know your forum is bad when there's "Educated Discussion"/"Grown Talk" sub-forums. I had no idea some of my people were so ignorant until I got on those boards lol.
it's so much cringe. the way they treated this one female member on AllHipHop was like they've never met a woman in their lives. Like they were acting like she was the biggest celebrity in the world. Then i went to Coli and the SAME girl was a member there too and the SAME thing was happening lmaooooo i would not be surprised at all to find out she had dudes on there paying her bills

Deleted member 32563

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
it's so much cringe. the way they treated this one female member on AllHipHop was like they've never met a woman in their lives. Like they were acting like she was the biggest celebrity in the world. Then i went to Coli and the SAME girl was a member there too and the SAME thing was happening lmaooooo i would not be surprised at all to find out she had dudes on there paying her bills

You know....I actually think I recall that thread vividly!

A lot better understanding of things now. Times change!

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018

not gonna name her coz it's prob against ToS or something but yeah if you were on there maybe in 2013-2014 you gotta know who i'm referring to lol. i haven't been on since then.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
You know Lonzo Ball, Seth Rogen and Pharrell have all been on Barbershop and all grew up privileged, right? It isnt a show for only people who "grew up in the hood."
Hart is so far removed from Philly. His comedy shows it too. Its the same nonsense people give JayZ from growing up in the projects but has been a millionaire longer in his life than he lived there. Yes it was hard for them before, but they have lived the rich bubble life longer than the 18 years "growing up in the hood."

People like Hart and Jay eventually lose touch of where they came from and all they care about is making more money. Stepping on their own people doesnt bother them at all.

I didn't say you have to have grown up in the hood to go on Barbership. But you know hood culture if you go on that show. You know urban culture.

When people "lose touch," with their previous lives before they joined the privileged ranks, I can see it meaning you lose a sense of the inconveniences and what it's like to struggle. You don't forget the existence of an entire group of people and how those people are treated. You especially don't forget if your black comedy, aimed at black people, cavalierly talks about what you'd do to your black son if you caught him playing with dolls. That Kevin Hart wasn't that long ago, and the Kevin Hart who refused to apologize for that is even more recent.

Saying that these dudes have somehow blanked on vital experiences that have informed who they are as people (because Lord knows Kevin didn't think that bit up out of thin air) because they've found wealth and privilege is just a form of excusing them. Kevin knows what it's like for gays in the hood (if he did somehow forget he sure was reminded during that Oscars fiasco); he's playing dumb now because he's a part of a social sect where that shit ain't cute anymore. He's got Ellen's number in his contacts now.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
100% accurate

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
I didn't say you have to have grown up in the hood to go on Barbership. But you know hood culture if you go on that show. You know urban culture.

When people "lose touch," with their previous lives before they joined the privileged ranks, I can see it meaning you lose a sense of the inconveniences and what it's like to struggle. You don't forget the existence of an entire group of people and how those people are treated. You especially don't forget if your black comedy, aimed at black people, cavalierly talks about what you'd do to your black son if you caught him playing with dolls. That Kevin Hart wasn't that long ago, and the Kevin Hart who refused to apologize for that is even more recent.

Saying that these dudes have somehow blanked on vital experiences that have informed who they are as people (because Lord knows Kevin didn't think that bit up out of thin air) because they've found wealth and privilege is just a form of excusing them. Kevin knows what it's like for gays in the hood (if he did somehow forget he sure was reminded during that Oscars fiasco); he's playing dumb now because he's a part of a social sect where that shit ain't cute anymore. He's got Ellen's number in his contacts now.
Everything you're saying about Hart is the opposite of what happened? He made an awful joke about is eventual kid, before he was super famous on Twitter. He FORGOT he did it. He refused to apologize, but ultimately did on Ellen(correct me if I'm wrong) and as you pointed out, is friends with lgbtq people publicly. The complete opposite of what you keep saying he went through growing up "in the hood." So his dollhouse joke was clearly before he was in the current bubble of forgetting what "growing up in the hood" is like. Not all black people grow up in the projects like you are inferring in your post about Hart's comedy being put towards a black audience. Hes one of the richest comedians now because his comedy reaches past one segment of the population.

lil nas x is literally half Hart's age and is part of an entirely new, young, black(among other races) demographic that accepts lgbtq. Hart is just a rich, out of touch man at this point in his life, but probably gets his "whats cool" info from his kids, who are part of this new, accepting black demographic. Hart is just ignorant to what "the hood"cares about. Hart just has to google people like Young Thug and Billbord attacking Lil Nas X for coming out, again, the old demographic

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA

Nah. That's a place where I saw many members "understand" why a father killed his gay son. Place is a shithole which is a shame because there's a lot of creative and talented people.

Kevin just needs to stay away from any discussion where he knows he'll put his foot in his mouth.

Hubologist

Nov 1, 2017
This is for the portion of his White audience who've already forgiven him or are oblivious to The Oscars.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Everything you're saying about Hart is the opposite of what happened? He made an awful joke about is eventual kid, before he was super famous on Twitter. He FORGOT he did it. He refused to apologize, but ultimately did on Ellen(correct me if I'm wrong) and as you pointed out, is friends with lgbtq people publicly. The complete opposite of what you keep saying he went through growing up "in the hood." So his dollhouse joke was clearly before he was in the current bubble of forgetting what "growing up in the hood" is like. Not all black people grow up in the projects like you are inferring in your post about Hart's comedy being put towards a black audience. Hes one of the richest comedians now because his comedy reaches past one segment of the population.

lil nas x is literally half Hart's age and is part of an entirely new, young, black(among other races) demographic that accepts lgbtq. Hart is just a rich, out of touch man at this point in his life, but probably gets his "whats cool" info from his kids, who are part of this new, accepting black demographic. Hart is just ignorant to what "the hood"cares about. Hart just has to google people like Young Thug and Billbord attacking Lil Nas X for coming out, again, the old demographic

Your narrative is incomplete. https://www.billboard.com/articles/...kevin-hart-oscar-hosting-controversy-timeline

He said he would break a dollhouse over his kid's head if the kid was gay. Not clear if it was a joke. He also called someone's pic a "gay billboard for AIDS".

He also did a special where he had a homophobic joke about his son.

Years later, in 2015, he defended homophobic jokes in Get Hard.

Then he said he wouldn't do the gay bashing jokes today because people are too sensitive. Not really apologetic.

Then in 2018 his homophobia was noticed. He posted a video saying he'll pass on apologizing.

THEN he apologized.

Then he went on Ellen and called people criticizing him haters.

Then in 2019 he said he's apologized too many times and how he's constantly hounded about it.

He gave a full on apology only once, yet he has crafted this narrative of being constantly apologetic. He has made homophobic comments more times than he has apologized. And now he's all about how haters are out to get him and no apology is enough. Truly the actions of a repentant man and not one trying to play the victim.

Oct 25, 2017
I know nothing about this Kevin Hart dude aside of him being a fucking piece of shit, he's the one that said other homophobic shit in the past, right? He can get fucked.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Touche. They caught you slipping Hart. Era gonna dance on that man's grave though! Good on Lil Nas though. Do you that's all that matters.

On another note it kinda sucks being a straight black man like for real in the sense that we no longer have a foot hold. No common support group.

The concept of strong and black seems to automatically entice feelings of toxic masculinity when mention regardless of context.

Being a black male is so weird right now not saying it has never been but just my opinion. Might need to go start a thread on The Coli lol!

Are you expecting serious discussion between accusations of cac demons and "fakkit" being thrown around every other post? That place personifies the problem this thread is talking about. Or large parts of it at least.

And that's only daring to venture The Film Room.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017

Kevin Hart made those jokes on Twitter back in 2010 - 2011. We're not talking the 90s. At that point Hart was well in his 30s and had been in over a dozen popular films. He was well on his way to being the biggest Black comedian if he wasn't already. This isn't ancient history. So yeah, he was super famous. He already had millions on millions. He was already the early version of the "Kevin Hart" we know today. He didn't "apologize" on Ellen, he gave us some BS "you all should know what's in my heart" copout (no, we don't. Kinda the point), and Ellen caped for him like the dummy she is. The whole thing blew up into a controvercy that ultimately cost him the Oscar's hosting gig because instead of apologizing, he went on a butthurt "the only people who care about this are haters!" crusade.

I keep referencing "The Hood" because that is the context in which this discussion took place. Lil Nas X is being asked by a bunch of grown ass men who should know better why he came out the way he did, and he answers by referencing what it's like growing up a black boy in the hood (being raised to "hate this shit"). So when Kevin Hart opens his big mouth and interrupts with "He's gay, so what!?" and "Why? WHY???" you cannot seperate the fact that Hart is from The Hood like Lil Nas X is; that he had the same upbringing in the same type of environment that Lil Nax X did, and that before he was ever popular with white folk he made his money and built his brand in The Hood, and that he knows exactly what Lil Nas X is talking about.

That's why Lil Nas X's eye roll and "Come on, if you're really from the hood, you know" was such a slam dunk response. Because Kevin does know. He just went through this. He JUST got dragged for unsuccessfully trying to play dumb (then obstinate) on this very subject. And trying to foster this narrative that it's possible that he didn't know, or is so far removed from this that he could have just "forgotten" is just feeding into the gaslighting.

lil nas x is literally half Hart's age and is part of an entirely new, young, black(among other races) demographic that accepts lgbtq.

No. No. Nigel Shelby:

A little black boy from Alabama who died by suicide earlier this year for being relentlessly picked on at school for being gay.

Reese Willoughby:

A young man from Philly who died from suicide a few weeks ago from bullying. Not for being gay, but for openly dating and loving a transwoman. You can find video online of men following him and taunting him relentlessly. I won't link it here.

We live in a world that's only slightly more tolerant than when I was kid. But "entirely new, young, black(among other races) demographic that accepts lgbtq"? We are not there yet. Not even close.

TravoltaWatchesYou

Alt account
Banned
Aug 24, 2019
Jesus christ this dude is a turd. I honestly don't understand why he has a career.

He's an asshole, but he almost literally never stops working. His work ethic is incredible.

He worked nonstop and so over several years he developed a massive fanbase with boring black people and then eventually his boring style of comedy crossed over with boring white people and now he gets to make boring movies and specials for boring people across the world. I know several 60+ year old women that adore him.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Kevin Hart made those jokes on Twitter back in 2010 - 2011. We're not talking the 90s. At that point Hart was well in his 30s and had been in over a dozen popular films. He was well on his way to being the biggest Black comedian if he wasn't already. This isn't ancient history. So yeah, he was super famous. He already had millions on millions. He was already the early version of the "Kevin Hart" we know today. He didn't "apologize" on Ellen, he gave us some BS "you all should know what's in my heart" copout (no, we don't. Kinda the point), and Ellen caped for him like the dummy she is. The whole thing blew up into a controvercy that ultimately cost him the Oscar's hosting gig because instead of apologizing, he went on a butthurt "the only people who care about this are haters!" crusade.

I keep referencing "The Hood" because that is the context in which this discussion took place. Lil Nas X is being asked by a bunch of grown ass men who should know better why he came out the way he did, and he answers by referencing what it's like growing up a black boy in the hood (being raised to "hate this shit"). So when Kevin Hart opens his big mouth and interrupts with "He's gay, so what!?" and "Why? WHY???" you cannot seperate the fact that Hart is from The Hood like Lil Nas X is; that he had the same upbringing in the same type of environment that Lil Nax X did, and that before he was ever popular with white folk he made his money and built his brand in The Hood, and that he knows exactly what Lil Nas X is talking about.

That's why Lil Nas X's eye roll and "Come on, if you're really from the hood, you know" was such a slam dunk response. Because Kevin does know. He just went through this. He JUST got dragged for unsuccessfully trying to play dumb (then obstinate) on this very subject. And trying to foster this narrative that it's possible that he didn't know, or is so far removed from this that he could have just "forgotten" is just feeding into the gaslighting.

No. No. Nigel Shelby:

A little black boy from Alabama who died by suicide earlier this year for being relentlessly picked on at school for being gay.

Reese Willoughby:

A young man from Philly who died from suicide a few weeks ago from bullying. Not for being gay, but for openly dating and loving a transwoman. You can find video online of men following him and taunting him relentlessly. I won't link it here.

We live in a world that's only slightly more tolerant than when I was kid. But "entirely new, young, black(among other races) demographic that accepts lgbtq"? We are not there yet. Not even close.
Not to nitpick it Reese didn't commit suicide because of bullying. Not downplaying it but he committed suicide after he had a fight with his partner and she left him. That vid that was posted wasn't even recent

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
Not to nitpick it Reese didn't commit suicide because of bullying. Not downplaying it but he committed suicide after he had a fight with his partner and she left him. That vid that was posted wasn't even recent
Thanks for the correction. I live in Philly and know of him through mutual friends who know her. That he committed suicide specifically because of the bullying is what got back to me.

Still, if you saw those videos of specifically how he was picked on, you know we are nowhere near this "young black generation that accepts lgbtq people" reality.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Kevin Hart's stayed an unapologetic piece of shit, and his fans keep enabling him throughout because heaven forbid comedy is allowed to exist Without making fun of minorities. You saw another example of it as recently as the Chappelle special, guy just had to have his right to mock trans people defended because the alternative is the fans admitting they're sticking up for, and love, an ugly-ass asshole piece of shit whose best contributions to the medium have looooooooooooooooong since been eclipsed by better talents

My gay ass can't even walk the streets in my small hometown at night because of how many people I Know that don't like gays, and I'm white as hell. The bubble you've got to put yourself in to say it's not an issue, in general and especially for POC members of the community, is intentionally formed by people who don't care one iota about the community, and I wouldn't expect higher from someone who's particularly been so vehemently aggressive to us before

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Your narrative is incomplete. https://www.billboard.com/articles/...kevin-hart-oscar-hosting-controversy-timeline

He said he would break a dollhouse over his kid's head if the kid was gay. Not clear if it was a joke. He also called someone's pic a "gay billboard for AIDS".

He also did a special where he had a homophobic joke about his son.

Years later, in 2015, he defended homophobic jokes in Get Hard.

Then he said he wouldn't do the gay bashing jokes today because people are too sensitive. Not really apologetic.

Then in 2018 his homophobia was noticed. He posted a video saying he'll pass on apologizing.

THEN he apologized.

Then he went on Ellen and called people criticizing him haters.

Then in 2019 he said he's apologized too many times and how he's constantly hounded about it.

He gave a full on apology only once, yet he has crafted this narrative of being constantly apologetic. He has made homophobic comments more times than he has apologized. And now he's all about how haters are out to get him and no apology is enough. Truly the actions of a repentant man and not one trying to play the victim.
Yeah my narrative is incomplete, but like I said, he did apologize.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Some people reaching 5D chess-levels of excuses for this grown douchebag.

People do the same shit for chapelle as well. People somehow are living in bubbles where America is 100% ok for LGBTQ people when in reality things have improved but are only that much better for straight passing white guys.

But it's ok to make continue to make fun of us because comedy!

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what the lgbtq acceptance gap statistics are between old and younger Black folks. It feels like a slow burn and frankly, the Church doesn't help.

I feel like my generation of family members are a mixed bag. The most accepting also happen to be the most educated, and everyone else is either blatantly hateful or has lukewarm acceptance. I know a few closeted family members and I think they're waiting till after their parents die to come out, if ever.

A wake-up call for me on how it's still unsafe was about a month ago when a gay Black dude crossed the street out of fear when we were crossing paths. I was surprised as hell and my initial thoughts were "Nigga? Did you just cro-...... Ohhhhhh ok, I get it... Damn!". Lol at least it was a break from constantly scaring White folks.

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
He only "apologized" after the Oscar's hosting gig was taken away from him because he said he wasn't going to apologize in the first place.
So never apologize?
Only apologize if the Oscars say they'll have you back?
What's the rule here you're trying to push forward?

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
So never apologize?
Only apologize if the Oscars say they'll have you back?
What's the rule here you're trying to push forward?

Demonstrate your apology actually meant anything by listening to the marginalized people you made into a punchline instead of speaking over them?

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Demonstrate your apology actually meant anything by listening to the marginalized people you made into a punchline instead of speaking over them?
Yeah, but you're not the person I originally asked the question, the OP of this topic.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but you're not the person I originally asked the question, the OP of this topic.
It's pretty solid advice, regardless.

If Hart wants to be seen as anything but a homophobic piece of shit he needs to never say another word about the LGBTQ community and donate several million dollars to charities that help LGBTQ kids of color. Otherwise, he can just fuck off.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Off the top of my head, I could imagine one reason someone might be afraid to come out as gay is if they had a parent who publicly said they would beat them in that scenario. Just spitballing here, though.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
I've lowered the amount of replies I make on threads like these because it feels like nothing goes through. It doesn't matter that you provide statistics of LGBTQ+ kids committing suicide or killed by their parents. Comedy is king.

When you say black trans women get killed at an alarming rate, people kinda understand that death is bad...but the urgency just isn't there. If we had any respect for the lives of black LGBTQ+, we wouldn't be capping so hard for Kevin Hart or Dave Chapelle. They're rich and well-connected. They'll live.

But you know who's not going to live? Trans women of color.

I say it is high time we recognize that the backbones of these communities aren't the rich men making millions — It's the women and men who are out there fighting the prison system. It's the drag queens. It's the young black gay boys and trans women who go out there and live unapologetically, even when it could mean death.

How are you going to look at the systems keeping black people disadvantaged (the criminalization of black men, and subsequent disproportionate jailing/killing. The lack of access. The white supremacy.) and then turn around and inflict that same/similar terror on your own people?

It is foul.

And if you're a heterosexual cisgendered man reading this, know that you've ALWAYS had a seat at this table.

But the table isn't just for you, and you don't get to use women (specially dark-skinned) and LGBTQ+ as seats.

Last edited: