• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Is Hart being for real or did he grow up in a Philadelphia country club?

Light years of difference between "I'm a professional millionaire with fuck you money, so fuck the haters", and "I'm a young man who was afraid to come out in the middle of a rough hood when I had no fans and money to fall back on".

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao @ at the "if you were really from the hood" line. Hahaha KH got played. I don't know why he continues to be a bad faith clown about this issue and still smh @ Ellen forgiving him on behalf of everyone.

Sidenote, I never watched the barbershop, is LeBron's show good?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao @ at the "if you were really from the hood" line. Hahaha KH got played. I don't know why he continues to be a bad faith clown about this issue and still smh @ Ellen forgiving him on behalf of everyone.

Sidenote, I never watched the barbershop, is LeBron's show good?
It is great, it goes in directions often ignored by talk shows.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
giphy.gif

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
It's absolutely serious. How do you become better or resolve an issue without discussion?

First if your not black then I can't really entertain a conversation with you regarding this specific topic.

This is a very serious issue. I know since about 2000 I've strived to be a much different person. From the music I listen and how I treat people.

Being lumped into a group and having to defend myself is not cool. This is about conversation not conflict.

I thought Era was a place to feel comfortable. Regarding discussing topics like this.
It's so weird that you're trying to make this about you.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
What a clod. Kevin Hart reminds me of morons who think homophobia has been solved because gay people are more visible. Inform yourself, dumbass.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
Kevin Hart is being sincere, it's just that he Eternal Sunshine'd all memory of him bullying gay guys growing up... and into his thirties.

Last edited:

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA

Draper

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Harrisburg, PA
Mr. man figured he couldn't remain silent during that discussion else the awkwardness of past remarks would consume him, so he just blurted out whatever he could to sound cool with it.

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
He could have done this so much better. Pretty disingenous to not acknowledge he had these views not too long ago, if he changed them like he acts he did.
Could have gone into stuff like this has to be adressed far earlier in education or whatever. But acting like he never had those views... meh.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Just feels kinda hypocritical that everyone is saying "Fuck Kevin Hart" and "I hope he recovers" at the same time.

I mean I don't think "I want this guy to shut up and go away forever" and "I hope this dude isn't injured to the point of immobility" are necessarily beliefs to be held in contention.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
Just feels kinda hypocritical that everyone is saying "Fuck Kevin Hart" and "I hope he recovers" at the same time.

Being a homophobe doesn't carry a death sentence. Contrary to popular belief it would be a net positive for society for assholes to stop being assholes and let us all move on with our lives.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
*Makes joke about beating his son if he ever came out as gay*

*Doesn't know what's the big deal with Lil Nas coming out, what's the problem, WhY yOu ScArEd MaN????*

79XXexZ.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Even if Kevin Hart's previous stand-up routine didn't come from a place of personal homophobia, it was clearly characterizing the hostility of straight black men against gay black men. Like bruh, you made an ENTIRE famous bit about the subject. So to play dumb that you don't understand how hostile black boys are raised to be against queer folk, is baffling, when you made a routine on the very problem.

Honestly don't know how he can try to play that off.

Favorite part was Lil Nas X's inflection and gesture towards Kevin Hart when he says, "come on, man." Like you're not about to pull that over his eyes.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
I went to
So do we take back our well wishes from his recent accident?

This is weird wholly unhelpful thinking. I myself grew up and went to school in North Philly where Kevin grew up and at a time almost every boy and man threw around the f-word like it was going out of style and various other offensive derivations of homosexual. Not everyone meant it in a violent or prejudice way it was just ignorance.

I myself haven't used the word since sophomore year of high school in the late 90s when a really close friend came out to me and my ignorant ass finally started learning more about gay culture and the gay experience and I realized that what I thought and the words I was using were so hurtful, so damaging. In reality my young self certainly didn't want anyone to hurt because of my ignorance so I actively worked to change. That was evolution of thought and my gay friends helped guide me and were so fucking understanding. Retrospectively I now hate that I allowed the burden to be on them to wake me up but their patience was so meaningful.

I'm 34 now and back home in Philly there are still many regressive pockets of intolerants. It is most definitely still a huge part of black and Latin culture specifically the religious and hustler types. They haven't changed and seemingly are not seeking to. Hart definitely needs to examine his fucked up theories/beliefs and shed that North Philly Yo mentality. I don't think he is a cruel or malicious person but he is being irresponsible and lazy seeing how massive his platform and fanbase is so massive and how he weilds crazy influence. He is ignorant but I still feel that not allowing people at least some space to evolve is such a waste. So many people here and other places go right to "X is trash" or "X is a garbage human being" and that is so counter productive. Maybe in Kevin's case he is running out of chances to edify but I hate how oppressive certain people can be who clearly have never lived in a non-woke era. The lack of empathy can be staggering and it would be reductive to assume these individuals are way young but I can't help but surmise they are ignorant to the tenor of the 80s and 90s and what a sewage of influence that existed and still does to some extent. All that said his recent accident has fuck all to do with his homophobic ignorance and it is garbage person behavior to think that one thing informs the other. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Why is this exchange even happening? The question was for Lil Nas and Hart starts talking shit?

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I went to

This is weird wholly unhelpful thinking. I myself grew up and went to school in North Philly where Kevin grew up at a time when almost every boy and man threw around the f-word like it was going out of style and various other offensive derivations of homosexual. Not everyone meant it in a violent or prejudice manner it was just ignorance.

I myself haven't used the word since sophomore year of highschool in the late 90s when a really close friend came out to me and my ignorant ass finally started learning more about gay culture and the gay experience and I realized that what I thought and the words we were using were so hurtful, so damaging. in really my young self certainly didn't want anyone to hurt because of my ignorance so I actively worked to change. That was evolution of thought and my gay friends helped guide me and we're so fucking understanding. Retrospectively I now hate that I allowed the burden to be on them to wake me up but their patience was so meaningful.

I'm 34 now and back home in Philly there are still regressive pockets of intolerants. It is most definitely still a huge part of black and Latin culture specifically the religious and hustler thpes. They haven't changed and seemingly are not seeking too. Hart definitely needs to examine his fucked up theories/beliefs and shed that North Philly yo mentality. I don't think he is a cruel or malicious person but he is being irresponsible and lazy seeing how massive his platform and fanbase is so massive and he weilds crazy influence. He is ignorant but I still feel that not allowing people at least some space to evolve is such a waste. So many people here and other places jump "X is trash" or "X is a garbage human being" and that is so counter productive. Maybe in Kevin's case he is running out of chances to edify but I hate how oppressive certain people can be who clearly have never lived in a non-woke era. The lack of empathy can be staggering and it would be reductive to assume these individuals are way young but I can't help but surmise they are ignorant to the tenor of the 80s and 90s and what a sewage of influence that permeated. All that said his recent accident has fuck all to do with his homophobic ignorance and it is garbage person behavior to think that one think informs.the other Just my thoughts.
As a South Philly resident, Bravo.

It is possible to criticize people who operate in such hollow ignorance out of a desire to see them do better. It doesn't have to be black and white.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I fee like this is a pretty standard denial among homophobes; acting like coming out was never a big deal to anyone and nobody ever suffered for it or had any reason to be afraid to do it.

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The tone of this whole exchange is so hostile. I feel bad for Lil Nas, he's better than all these guys but he has to put up with their shit.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Kevin Heart has always come off like that load mouthed asshole who talks a lot but says little and this exchange isn't changing that perception any.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Kevin Hart continued to be a dumbass clown. After the extremely homophobic things he has said in the past to act ignorant as to why someone wouldn't come out is ridiculous.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
What's funny about this is even if you don't think Kevin is homophobic (lol), it was clearly him pushing the "Man up!" brand of dealing with adversity which is its own corruptive version of toxic masculinity

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Hart is playing two sides to this.
One, he got in trouble for that dollhouse joke that cost him the Oscars.
Two, he is in the super rich category of LA now, he lives in a bubble and doesn't understand what middle class and below people have to deal with, especially when it comes to being a minority AND lgbtq.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Two, he is in the super rich category of LA now, he lives in a bubble and doesn't understand what middle class and below people have to deal with, especially when it comes to being a minority AND lgbtq.

But he does understand, because he didn't start out in that super rich LA category. Hart grew up in the hood, he cut his teeth in the hood. He made his initial bread and butter in the hood. So he knows damn well what it's like being a young black boy growing up in the hood and how you get treated if niggas even catch a whiff of gay on you. He wouldn't even be on The Barbershop if he were that far removed.

So the situation is reverse. Hart didn't play dumb to the obvious because he's in the rich bubble and doesn't understand what it's like. He played dumb as a performance for others in that bubble right along with him. This shit was for Ellen and her ilk.