• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Shoulda been street level from the start.

If they use Tombstone, I hope that means the Robertsons can finally appear. We haven't seen Robbie since the Raimi movies, and Randy has never been in a movie.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The MCU roster has gotten so large, they can almost section off characters into their own categories. But bringing Spidey back down to earth and having him be a street level hero is much more interesting than I think the last movie tried to do.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just waiting for Shang-Chi to show up with Spidey to teach him Way of the Spider. That's going to be absolutely sick.

Punisher probably isn't too far away either.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Does this mean we finally see him find scorpion? It's wild they made that end credit scene in homecoming and nothing ever came of it

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Street level stuff will be fun, and him teaming up with Daredevil would be peak. And he will still be involved with the higher stake stuff because of course he should be. Plus don't people want to see him interact with all these characters that couldn't happen before? He can meet the fantastic four and X-Men now! Why would you want him to be locked into Sony's little box by himself?

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Why not? They left it at Peter being

I dont see any other reason for doing that

edit - spoiler not appearing but you know what I am talking about

Marvel, known for sticking to their guns regarding even their most disliked entries was not going to soft reboot a very well liked take on Spider-Man just because Spider-Man twitter hates it.

It was always going to be a new challenge for him to overcome, MOM confirming the Avengers still remember their time with Spider-Man just not Peter Parker solidified that he's not getting separated from the MCU

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still thinking Mister Negative is more likely than someone like Tombstone or Hammerhead just due to his powers being more visually exciting for a film.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Only thing street level about spiderman is that he occasionally walks on the street

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Now we need Luke Cage back too.
419ojxeerty01.jpg
Yes we do.

Different actor though please.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
MCU seems kinda OP for street level stuff with all that Stark tech.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Spider-Man becoming street level until some avengers threat shows up is how it should've always been. Poor fucking guy has to save the planet every other day according to the trilogy.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
What MCU trilogy did you guys watch where Homecoming and Far From Home weren't around or slightly above "street level"?

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
I do wonder how they're going to work out street-level Spidey with Secret Wars occuring probably one year after his next movie?

I think it would be great to give Peter a couple movies dealing with personal growth and solo problems before re-integrating back into the Avengers, but I can't see how Marvel does that with their current production schedule.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
What MCU trilogy did you guys watch where Homecoming and Far From Home weren't around or slightly above "street level"?

The Home trilogy was like a greatest hits run of Spidey adventure stakes

HC was Street Level
FFH was World Level
NWH was Multiverse Level

Wouldn't be surprised if the next trilogy operates like this

Street Level > World Level > gets Black Suit in Secret Wars > Back to street level to deal with Venom

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Daredevil this, Spider-Man that...

Where the fuck is the true star - D-Man! So street level, he lives in the fucking sewer!

DennisDunphyDman.gif

Daredevil is only wearing the yellow so he can toss it, and for it to be found by its true heir. And then someone can ask "Hey D-Man, where'd you get that mask?"

*X-Men music plays*

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Marvel, known for sticking to their guns regarding even their most disliked entries was not going to soft reboot a very well liked take on Spider-Man just because Spider-Man twitter hates it.

It was always going to be a new challenge for him to overcome, MOM confirming the Avengers still remember their time with Spider-Man just not Peter Parker solidified that he's not getting separated from the MCU

Of course it wont be getting separated, but clearly they want Spider-Man distanced for some time whether it be a whole film or whatnot. Spider-Man was referenced in MoM, but beyond two characters it seems like no one else has any clue who he is. There are also a lot of characters and dynamics that couldn´t be explored with the MCU Spidey main cast, like there is room now for Harry and Gwen or even Felicia

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
If they wanna do street level with Spidey and Sony requires an MCU native in each movie I could toootally see one where he teams up with Daredevil and fights Kingpin. Goddamn that would be so tight

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Of course it wont be getting separated, but clearly they want Spider-Man distanced for some time whether it be a whole film or whatnot. Spider-Man was referenced in MoM, but beyond two characters it seems like no one else has any clue who he is. There are also a lot of characters and dynamics that couldn´t be explored with the MCU Spidey main cast, like there is room now for Harry and Gwen or even Felicia

I don't think the MCU could handle Felicia.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I trust Feige but was really disappointed with no way home after how amazing the first two were.

Fingers crossed

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Make Spidey 4 a movie about competing crime orgs (Fisk, Mr. Negative, Tombstone maybe), with Black Cat being caught in the middle

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Spidey/Ms. Marvel is the real street level dream

I think there will be escalation again. 4 and some cameos will be street level, 5 will probably tak it world level like FFH

Then They're absolutely going to do the secret wars thing.

latest

Then he goes back to Street Level and Venom shenanigans happen in 6
If they make character posters for Avengers Secret Wars and they don't reference this with Spider-Man, they will have failed.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Maybe one of the unannounced movies for Phase 6 is an MCU adaption of Shadowland. You can crossover all sorts of street level and supernatural heroes and that story could really use some trimming down to two or two and half hours.