• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
thedirect.com

MCU Boss Hints at Tom Holland's Spider-Man Future Ahead of Phase 5

Kevin Feige teased Tom Holland’s Spider-Man future following the webslinger's absence from Marvel's Hall H SDCC panel.

Full quote
"The adventures of Eros and Pip is something very exciting for us. You talk about Ghost Rider, we've got Blade, we've got Doctor Strange, we've got the supernatural angles, we've got the street-level with our announcement of Daredevil, and of course, Spidey going into the street-level heroes. And cosmic, and that's where our friends Eros and Pip live."

Rumor has it, Spidey 4 is heavily influenced by Spider-Man PS4 with him fighting the mafia families. So this just adds to that.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Oh Tombstone, Hammerhead, etc? Interesting.

I always felt that they were too small for the MCU up until recently, but I see it working after Hawkeye.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Street level hopefully means some more grounded, choreographed action scenes. Spider-Man turns into a very boring superhero when he fights against magical/supernatural forces

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Sounds like Eternals, Captain Marvel, & eventually Nova will continue the cosmic line after GotG wraps up. And it's great to hear that Spider-Man will be more street level going forward.

It doesn't mean that Spider-Man & Daredevil can't be involved in the big events that impact the universe. But generally speaking, street level is where they work best. It's why Homecoming was as good as it was, & why the Netflix Daredevil series was the GOAT. Hell, the best episodes of Ms. Marvel (1, 2, & 6) were Kamala back home in Jersey City.

Last edited:

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
NWH's ending implied this but part of me was worried they'd send him right back into another universe-shattering crisis.

So it's nice to hear this, it's exactly what I want for the next Holland trilogy

Oct 26, 2017
Hell yes. Holland and Cox has potential to be best MCU duo. Just give me an episode or movie with them solving crimes and busting heads.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Spidey/Daredevil team-up dreams are still alive.

Spidey/Ms. Marvel is the real street level dream

NWH's ending implied this but part of me was worried they'd send him right back into another universe-shattering crisis.

So it's nice to hear this, it's exactly what I want for the next Holland trilogy

I think there will be escalation again. 4 and some cameos will be street level, 5 will probably tak it world level like FFH

Then They're absolutely going to do the secret wars thing.

latest

Then he goes back to Street Level and Venom shenanigans happen in 6

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yes. Holland and Cox has potential to be best MCU duo. Just give me an episode or movie with them solving crimes and busting heads.

I don't think you will ever see Peter Parker on a live-action TV show. If there's going to be a crossover between Spidey and DD, it will be in one of Spidey's movies, not the DD TV show.

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck yes, I'd love street-level MCU Spidey. Also gives them a chance to really ground him in New York in a way I don't feel he has been.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I don't think you will ever see Peter Parker on a live-action TV show. If there's going to be a crossover between Spidey and DD, it will be in one of Spidey's movies, not the DD TV show.
I wouldn't be surprised if Disney+ was a major factor in the next sharing arrangement. It would explain why we haven't heard anything yet beyond the fourth MCU Spider-Man movie being in development.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if Disney+ was a major factor in the next sharing arrangement. It would explain why we haven't heard anything yet beyond the fourth MCU Spider-Man movie being in development.
It's just a matter of how much they're willing to pay Holland. He's probably the most expensive star in the MCU atm

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
thedirect.com

MCU Boss Hints at Tom Holland's Spider-Man Future Ahead of Phase 5

Kevin Feige teased Tom Holland’s Spider-Man future following the webslinger's absence from Marvel's Hall H SDCC panel.

Full quote

Rumor has it, Spidey 4 is heavily influenced by Spider-Man PS4 with him fighting the mafia families. So this just adds to that.
Here is the video of the interview:

View: https://twitter.com/aniqrahman/status/1551157911359045633?s=21&t=LcunW99jJnpqDyCvbTm9FQ

And yes, very excited for this.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
wouldn't live action Spider-Man on tv show be really expensive, especially Daredevil being MCU 1st long form tv show with 18 episodes. I think Daredevil is the one showing up in the next Spidey movies. Matt Murdock already show up in NWH, make sense for Daredevil to show up in the sequel

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's just a matter of how much they're willing to pay Holland. He's probably the most expensive star in the MCU atm

I think it's more specifically because Sony wants to have majority control over Peter's appearances and to them, Tom is too important to use on a TV show. The cost is absolutely a factor as well - it'd drive up the cost of the show an absurd amount just for a short cameo. Not worth it.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
wouldn't live action Spider-Man on tv show be really expensive, especially Daredevil being MCU 1st long form tv show with 18 episodes. I think Daredevil is the one showing up in the next Spidey movies. Matt Murdock already show up in NWH, make sense for Daredevil to show up in the sequel
Not for an entire show, but for an appearance. But you're right, Daredevil in the next Spider-Man movie makes sense.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The rumor is that Sony is the main reason why Spider-Man Freshman Year is not canon to the main MCU.
I don't buy it, especially since Marvel would've known the limitations going into Freshman Year thanks to What If…? having MCU Peter. Plus animated shows under 42 minutes are outside of Sony's influence for the most part.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Spidey back to slummin it after saving the world from intergalactic and extra-universal invasions

Right where he belongs.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I think it's more specifically because Sony wants to have majority control over Peter's appearances and to them, Tom is too important to use on a TV show. The cost is absolutely a factor as well - it'd drive up the cost of the show an absurd amount just for a short cameo. Not worth it.
Hmm yeah, I wonder. It's also beneficial for them to let Marvel handle the movies because Sony still reaps the profits on those, but how does that calculus work for a TV show on a streaming service you don't own?

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
I seem to recall this quote or something very similar being used someone to disparage the idea of Idris Elba as Bond.

That would be Anthony Horowitz, the guy who took over Bond novel writing duties some years back.

And yeah he said Idris Elba was "too street" to play Bond. Just not even trying to be subtle.