• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Imagine a Young Avengers movie and it gets banned in a bunch of countries.

I think Feige would quit before he let Disney mess with that relationship.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Kang, then Doom, then ....

Yep I was gonna post the same thing just without the video. KANG is the next Big Bad, then they'll do Doom, and then Galactus. And hopefully they won't actually kill Doom off at the end of his arc so he can help them defeat Galactus

OR would they do Galactus before Doom so that Doom can help them defeat Galactus to cement what a total badass he is before they have to fight him?

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
We're getting X-men before Secret Wars. But they're definitely setting up for it with mentions of incursions.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Well there's two big thread, the damage control thing and the multiverse stuff. The damage control stuff is just like lame sheild stuff weve already seen but it works well enough for street level stuff. Oh yeah I guess tthere's thunderbolts too

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I completely understand the need to do Thanos right away, because they didn't know at the time what the longevity of the MCU would be like. now that they know that they can basically go on forever, Secret Wars is the be-all-end-all of crossover events and should be saved for when it will really have the biggest impact it can. 8-10 years from now they can have established characters like Reed, Doom and the X-Men and they'll still be able to get a bunch of the core Avengers back for one last hurrah.

I wouldn't say Thanos was done right away

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's the same as it ever was. They have some vague ideas that they want to do, but with enough leeway in case they change their minds about some things. This doesn't mean every last detail is already outlined.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Only because they haven't looked at the camera and told you what it is they're doing, like they did with Infinity Stones
They didn't settle on the infinity stones until GotG in 2014 though

They brilliantly retconned somethings but it wasn't until the power stone that all the Thanos stuff was laid bare
Like the space stone was literally initially the mcu cosmic cube

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
I don't know much of anything about the comics but, its obvious they are leading to two things at least. Some conclusion to the Kang/Multiverse stuff and, the team that Julia Luis-Dryfuss is building. Phase 4 is obviously going to end with one of those arcs concluding in a team up movie.

WindUp

Oct 30, 2017
I don't really see how you turn the Hickman incursions storyline into an MCU movie successfully to be honest. the unfortunate thing is the incursions stuff that comes before secret wars is wayyyyyy better and more interesting that secret wars itself, which isn't terrible as far as event comics go but is very much beholden to the trappings and limitations of event comic series.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I think this entire arc was planned before the acquisition of Fox so I can't see the overarching plot and/or villain be anything F4 or X-Men related.

Sep 2, 2018
Yep I was gonna post the same thing just without the video. KANG is the next Big Bad, then they'll do Doom, and then Galactus. And hopefully they won't actually kill Doom off at the end of his arc so he can help them defeat Galactus

OR would they do Galactus before Doom so that Doom can help them defeat Galactus to cement what a total badass he is before they have to fight him?
I think they would need a version of Kang AND Doom to defeat Galactus

Michilin

Nov 14, 2017
I wish we could get The Ultimates, we were just missing Blue Marvel, but without Chadwick I don't know if they would go for it

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
I was too used to being in a 10-year saga which after just 6 films we saw a glimpse of Thanos.
Phase 4 has had much more content than Phase 1 over a shorter time so I too felt a slightly aimlessness to the series (even though we were introduced to He Who Remains).
As Feige reminded me, we haven't hit that end of this new saga's first phase so I might be surprised or it might just be a villainous Kang.
(I'd really like to see the MCU's Fantastic Four somewhat soon.)

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I haven't been, but I want to, and I think that's the problem. I haven't been interested in pretty much anything post End Game.
That's okay tbh. Despite all of the interconnectedness in the MCU, most entries work great without having watched everything else. Just go with your gut and watch what jumps out at you, skip what doesn't. Quickest way to burn out is to keep at it out of obligation.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
What was supposed to be the order before the pandemic?

Didn't P4 get delayed by two years?

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Doing Galactus as the Thanos of this current saga would be incredibly lame.

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
latest

*hisses*

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Its honestly so refreshing that very few of the movies and shows so far since Endgame have devoted significant time to "setting up the next thing." The Phase 4 slate has been putting more focus on expanding the specific worlds that each major character operates in, and setting up these smaller communities of the wider universe

zerocypher

Oct 27, 2017
OG Secret Wars would work but the latest version of it wouldn't be the same without Doom and Reed Richards battling egos

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Young Avengers, hopefully verses Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers. Secret Invasion? guessing more of that in the Marvels. Also dont know what Starfox and Pip are here for.

Kang in Loki + 2 recent multiverse movies + Kang coming back for real in Ant-man (kaboomerkang). Thats a big enough baddie with enough seeds planted. As mentioned, Secret Wars needs established FF and Doom or youre just wasting it.

I dont see why we need incursions for Xmen. I guess it would be easy but… just dropping them in whole cloth as if tthey' ve always been there seems weird and sloppy.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
Even if there wasn't a big plan (it's obvious there is).. I hate how you can't even get several stand alone stories without people complaining about there not being a 'bigger story'.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Young Avengers, hopefully verses Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers. Secret Invasion? guessing more of that in the Marvels. Also dont know what Starfox and Pip are here for.

Kang in Loki + 2 recent multiverse movies + Kang coming back for real in Ant-man (kaboomerkang). Thats a big enough baddie with enough seeds planted. As mentioned, Secret Wars needs established FF and Doom or youre just wasting it.

I dont see why we need incursions for Xmen. I guess it would be easy but… just dropping them in whole cloth as if tthey' ve always been there seems weird and sloppy.

I would prefer that they start the X-Men from scratch but I wouldn't blame them if they don't. People seem hungry for BIG X-Men stories with lots of mutants. You can't speedrun Krakoa any more easily than you can speedrun Secret Wars, not unless you start with a few of the pieces already in the room.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Kang is going to be the big bad throughout the next few years, but they aren't going to have a face off with him for quite awhile. We'll probably get Young Avengers/Champions/Thunderbolts before we get anything bigger.

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
feels pretty aimless to me right now, honestly.

but feels like they have 1 or 2 sagas brewing on the disney+ side, and i assume the movies are pointing in one direction separate from the disney+ stuff

I think it's purposefully vague right now. If you were not up to speed on Marvel comics, the Infinity stones didn't really come together as a full concept to the viewer until Guardians of the Galaxy, the 10th movie. We're only 5 movies into Phase 4, so to me it's early times. I think they're playing with expectations, throwing out Kang / Multiverse / Young Avengers / 10 Rings etc, making us guess.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I'm digging the slow burn but it does seem weird to not have a big crossover movie on the horizon to act as the end of the phase. I'm sure things will get clearer in a lil bit as we find out what's next for a lot of the characters who have been getting intros.

Phase 4 has spent a lot of time either setting up new characters or showing the after effects of Endgame (only Moon Knight and Eternals seem totally removed from it, as far as I recall).

Feb 16, 2022
I think part of the reason some people are feeling like it's Phase 4 is "aimless"(I don't agree, but I can also definitely see why) is that we don't have a team-up/ensemble/event movie to cap off the Phase announced as of now. Previously, we had Avengers movies serving as the climax of each Phase, with Ant-Man and FFH being sort of the epilogue for Phase 2 and 3 respectively. While those Phases had separate plot threads and characters that didn't really get pushed toward each other for the most part, just like Phase 4 projects so far, there were at least assurances that we'd see some sort of payoff in the Avengers movies.

As of now, the currently announced Phase 4 projects don't seem to have that sort of climax. So the idea of Phase 4 ending with just a collection of movies with little ties to each other but standing separately might contribute to the "off" feeling some people are having. It'd also potentially make the transition to Phase 5 feel abrupt.