• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Well at least this means the animation might actually improve to being more watchable

I do wonder what this means for the comics I hope he leaves them alone or maybe help the comics be more accessible in a way that doesn't force mcu integration

Honestly the comics thing is what I'm curious about

ErrorJustin

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty interesting and smart change. Hopefully Feige can improve and unblock continued production of non-MCU TV and animated projects. There's a lot of potential for improvement there.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Well at least this means the animation might actually improve to being more watchable

I do wonder what this means for the comics I hope he leaves them alone or maybe help the comics be more accessible in a way that doesn't force mcu integration

Honestly the comics thing is what I'm curious about
They should fold the comics app into Disney+

That alone could be huge

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if he'll keep Runaways and Cloak/Dagger from the insanity, those 2 were in his plans in the early days.
I'll be crushed if he cancels Runaways.
Those 2 shows are the things worth a shit now TV wise other than SHIELD
So Cloak and Dagger gets good? I watched the first 5 episodes and pretty much stopped from pure boredom. Felt like things were just moving too slow.

Runaways I enjoy tho. :)

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
The difference here is that I trust Feige, while you don't seem to. Which is weird to me, because those movies you mentioned in your top four and seven were all still approved by Feige. Which means at the very least he understands when to leave the creators vision alone. Feige is more of a fan of the material than Perlmutter ever was
That's 7 out of 22 (or twenty three, I don't have the count off the top of my head). The difference is that you trust him to hand down good mandates, whereas the examples of what I like best coming from the Marvel films aren't a matter of the right person handing down good mandates, but the leash being looser on particular films. That leash being looser would be exemplified, to me, by his not interfering in the books. Not by his interfering but in a better way.

You're gonna get editorial mandates either way. You could do soooooooo much worse than Feige. When you he starts treating the comics the way Perlmutter has, then I could understand how you could feel that way. But dude has earned my trust
Or he could just not hand down mandates. Editorial making editorial calls and corporate making editorial calls are two very different things.

As far as the event book stuff and sales, a creative vision like Feige's could lead to less events, even if it's only one a year instead of the several we get now
But again, the problem is sales and distribution. Feige's creative vision doesn't fix that problem. Limiting event books wouldn't fix that problem. It would just result in fewer sales. Which would just result in fewer more experimental/risky books being printed (which is already a problem).

If you want fewer events, you need to kill Diamond, or at least weaken its grip on comic distribution.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
MĂ©xico
The fact that Merchandising and Games stayed with Pearlmutter is an injustice, but I think it betrays what Iger (or whomever made this decision) thinks of Games; ancillary, advertisement, and not a creative endeavor in and off themselves.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Feige just ignores the comic side because it's relatively unimportant besides stopping potential controversies like nazi cap (I like hydra cap)

That or certain characters getting pushed because of synergy
They should fold the comics app into Disney+

That alone could be huge
That probably would help or a curated version for casuals

OP
OP
MadLaughter

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that Merchandising and Games stayed with Pearlmutter is an injustice, but I think it betrays what Iger (or whomever made this decision) thinks of Games; ancillary, advertisement, and not a creative endeavor in and off themselves.

The thing I worry about primarily with Perlmutter is bigotry, and so the fact that Miles & MJ got a big part in Spidey PS4 and that Kamala is the protagonist for Avengers gives me hope that he doesn't keep them on too short a leash.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
That's 7 out of 22 (or twenty three, I don't have the count off the top of my head). The difference is that you trust him to hand down good mandates, whereas the examples of what I like best coming from the Marvel films aren't a matter of the right person handing down good mandates, but the leash being looser on particular films. That leash being looser would be exemplified, to me, by his not interfering in the books. Not by his interfering but in a better way.
I trust him to keep the essence of the characters. Say what you want about the quality of the films, they nail the characters. This apprehension you have of him interfering or changing things in Marvel comics I don't share, so we're just going to have to agree to disagree on that. The man is a comic book fan. I don't see him being anything but a positive for the comics side.

Time will tell.
Or he could just not hand down mandates. Editorial making editorial calls and corporate making editorial calls are two very different things.
Very true, and given Feige's track record that could happen. Which is why I don't get why you see it as a bad thing. Everything I've ever heard about Feige has indicated he knows how to collaborate and when to back off
But again, the problem is sales and distribution. Feige's creative vision doesn't fix that problem. Limiting event books wouldn't fix that problem. It would just result in fewer sales. Which would just result in fewer more experimental/risky books being printed (which is already a problem).

If you want fewer events, you need to kill Diamond, or at least weaken its grip on comic distribution.
If there's anybody who could get comics back into newsstands and weaken diamond, it's probably Kevin. And it's not all about sales, I want fewer events so books stopped getting interrupted and creators can tell their stories

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
MĂ©xico
The thing I worry about primarily with Perlmutter is bigotry, and so the fact that Miles & MJ got a big part in Spidey PS4 and that Kamala is the protagonist for Avengers gives me hope that he doesn't keep them on too short a leash.
Pearlmutter has been hands-off from the management side of things since the Trump administration began, and even then he knows inclusivity sells, so you don't have to worry about it from that. However his miserly attitudes are well documented and led to the initial separation of Marvel Studios from Marvel Entertainment...

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

Perlmutter is out fuck yeah.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So how long before the dude builds an ego and overstays his welcome?

In all seriousness, congrats to Kevin.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Feige is great, but hopefully this won't make the comics just a direct pipeline to serve tv/movies/themeparks with editorial decisions in one having to balance with the others.

The universes need to be separate imho to keep them both creatively rich. I trust Feige to be hands off tho

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Feige is great, but hopefully this won't make the comics just a direct pipeline to serve tv/movies/themeparks with editorial decisions in one having to balance with the others.

The universes need to be separate imho to keep them both creatively rich. I trust Feige to be hands off tho
You know what's going to save comics

The fact no one reads them for better or worse

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Perlmutter like most other execs is only interested in inclusivity in as much as it makes him money. They're a means to an end, and will motivate his critics (and the minority groups be despises) to give him money under the guise of something positive. Not to dismiss the work of marginalized creators trying to make their voices heard, but Perlmutter's interest is purely in using these people as money-makers. This is hardly unique for people in his position.

He has a vested interest in the Trump administration - of course he doesn't view marginalized groups as anything other than sub-human. Fuck him.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I am all for making Feige in charge of more things, dude has phenomenal instincts and knows his shit.

I would love to see them try and make a real effort for MCU comics, and slight MCU crossover with the 616 universe.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I am all for making Feige in charge of more things, dude has phenomenal instincts and knows his shit.

I would love to see them try and make a real effort for MCU comics, and slight MCU crossover with the 616 universe.
Eh

Well I guess Rufallo hulk meeting The Immortal Devil Hulk will be very interesting

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Comics, TV, Animation, Film; Feige just collected all of the Infinity Stones

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Ewww. That'd be cringe. MCU feels like Fanfiction more than anything. It was barely passable when it happened in the original Spider-Verse with Toby and Andrew.