• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
This. I don't mind Loeb, but it was Perlmutter who was really pulling the strings on the TV side.

Again, I think cheap ass Perlmutter was dead set on keeping animation so barebones and milquetoast (no offense to your fine work Khanimus ) Moon Girl seems to shady be moving far away from that uniform stock style because it's being done by DTVA. Hopefully Feige sees the value of animation and gives it a much needed shot in the arm.

Can't be said enough.

I wonder if his role supervising comics might have to do with those prequel/side story tie-ins they've done for a couple movies (namely before the split).
Feige understand that you have to spend money to make money (plus it helps that he's not a shit-head like Perlmutter). That's why I'm excited for Marvel Animation's future endeavors under Feige, especially if we get some MCU tie-ins.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Feige, please, first thing you must do...restore Spider-Man's voice in EMH (thanks for that Loeb)...and also Wolverine and the X-men season 2!

Honestly though, interested to see how this all goes, and the more power taken away from Ike Perlmutter, the better (but seriously, just rid of him).

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Feige, please, first thing you must do...restore Spider-Man's voice in EMH (thanks for that Loeb)...and also Wolverine and the X-men season 2!

Honestly though, interested to see how this all goes, and the more power taken from Ike Perlmutter, the better (but seriously, just rid of him).
It wasn't just Spider-Man, they changed Betty Brant & Jamerson's voices from Spectacular to Ultimate Spider-Man in EMH (though this worked out for the better in Jamerson's case).

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there rumors of a X-men cartoon a few days ago then this happen? 🤔

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Hoping Fiege cleans house of the animation department. The cartoons have been really fucking shallow post!Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

SlyCoug88

Jan 10, 2018
I don't know who would be in charge of this, but I just wish marvel publishing could make a line of comics more approachable for casuals. There has to be a way they can do some series that summarize the 80 years of marvel in a digestible way that is easy to follow for someone that wants to be able to just walk into the store and pick up the next book without needing to spend hours trying to figure out decades of back stories, multiverses, etc. Maybe something akin to manga.

I feel like they are sitting on a comic gold mine with the popularity of the movies, but I just find comics so hard to approach. Basically you shouldn't have to spend hours and hours on the internet trying to figure out where to start. Feige seems in touch with the casuals, so maybe he can be the person to help get this rolling better.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder if he'll keep Runaways and Cloak/Dagger from the insanity, those 2 were in his plans in the early days.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know who would be in charge of this, but I just wish marvel publishing could make a line of comics more approachable for casuals. There has to be a way they can do some series that summarize the 80 years of marvel in a digestible way that is easy to follow for someone that wants to be able to just walk into the store and pick up the next book without needing to spend hours trying to figure out decades of back stories, multiverses, etc. Maybe something akin to manga.

I feel like they are sitting on a comic gold mine with the popularity of the movies, but I just find comics so hard to approach. Basically you shouldn't have to spend hours and hours on the internet trying to figure out where to start. Feige seems in touch with the casuals, so maybe he can be the person to help get this rolling better.

You should check this out:

History of the Marvel Universe Treasury Edition

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I feel for you, Daredevil stans, but he ain't coming back in a form you'd recognize from the Netflix show.

a direct continuation of the Netflix shows with the same cast was never realistically on the table anyway, given that Marvel is contractually barred from doing anything in live-action with the Netflix characters for at least another year, and even more of the actors will be committed to other projects by then. At most, there might have been a soft reboot from Marvel Television that kept the continuity and a couple of the same cast, but anything Studios does going forward will most likely be a hard reboot

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019

Honestly though, interested to see how this all goes, and the more power taken away from Ike Perlmutter, the better (but seriously, just rid of him).
Wolverine and the X-men was ehhhhhh

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
So what happens to Jeph Loeb and that Helstrom tv show now???
giphy.gif

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
That looks awesome, thanks for sharing. I'll keep an eye on this to see how it's received and hopefully give it a look!

Three of the six issues are out currently, with the fourth releasing tomorrow, and they're really good. I cannot see how the last two or three would be any different. Mark Waid is perfect for it.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Seriously, just the thought of future animation has me all

tenor.gif
Feige has been killing it with the movies, hopefully this hot streak extends to the animated shows once he fully takes over.

Likewise, I hope this is the beginning of Feige taking control of everything Marvel from Ike Perlmutter. Feige has more than proven himself as being better for the job than Perlmutter.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Why? Disney/Marvel Studios directly interacting with the comics has only ever been a bad thing. I see no reason to believe it wouldn't continue to be a bad thing.
I'd imagine that the tie-in stuff would be mostly in regards to the specific prologue comics (like the ones we've gotten thus far).

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Why? Disney/Marvel Studios directly interacting with the comics has only ever been a bad thing. I see no reason to believe it wouldn't continue to be a bad thing.
You're gonna have to be more specific about what you're referring to because the only thing I can think of is the freeze out with the FF, but that was Ike, not Feige.

A comic book fan in charge of the comics division is a win win for me

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
So Feige has the final say for Movies, TV, and the Comics now.
Buckley is also responsible for publishing operations, sales, creative services, games, licensing and events. There, he will report to Perlmutter.

But it seems Perlmutter still has control over games, and a few other thing. That's too bad. I wish Perlmutter was completely gone.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
You're gonna have to be more specific about what you're referring to because the only thing I can think of is the freeze out with the FF, but that was Ike, not Feige.

A comic book fan in charge of the comics division is a win win for me
There are already comic book fans in charge of the comics division. The best thing Fiege could do for the House of Ideas is keep Disney's grubby little hands off of them and let Marvel do what Marvel does unmolested for the first time in damn near a decade. (Which will invariably churn out stinkers along with the gems, but that's just the nature of a broad line of comic publication). A singular homogenized vision ala the majority of the MCU is the last thing I would want in my floppies.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
What If... has a great style and thats produced by Marvel Studios. So here's hoping.

I'll take your word for it. I dropped off hard when I saw the animation quality for the current lineup along with the recent Spider-Man cartoon.

Last edited:

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
Giving him control of TV is good, but I hope he doesn't try to make the comics into a (probably lesser) copy of the MCU.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So Feige has the final say for Movies, TV, and the Comics now.

But it seems Perlmutter still has control over games, and a few other thing. That's too bad. I wish Perlmutter was completely gone.
At this point, it's only a matter of time before Feige gains control of the games. Granted, Marvel has been doing better on the video game front in recent years. But we wouldn't have gotten petty shit like the Fox ban if Feige was in charge.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
There are already comic book fans in charge of the comics division. The best thing Fiege could do for the House of Ideas is keep Disney's grubby little hands off of them and let Marvel do what Marvel does unmolested for the first time in damn near a decade. (Which will invariably churn out stinkers along with the gems, but that's just the nature of a broad line of comic publication). A singular homogenized vision ala the majority of the MCU is the last thing I would want in my floppies.
Yeah, no. First off, I don't agree with your assessment of the MCU all being the same. Black Panther is not Homecoming which is not Winter Soldier. Marvel Comics have been pumping out event books for 15 years now, maybe under Feige things could return to the days of the 70s and 80s when he was reading comics as a kid when we didn't get an event every six months.

Also, Disney already owns Marvel and has for about a decade. If they were gonna put their "grubby hands" all over the comics they would've done it by now

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Yay, now i can go back to buying comics and not feel as guilty. (well at least the trades, hard to keep track every week/month.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Why can't Disney get rid of Perlmutter?

he's one of their largest shareholders

So what happens to Jeph Loeb and that Helstrom tv show now???

Helstrom is already starting production, so most likely nothing. doesn't seem like there's a place for Loeb going forward, though there will probably be more clarification on that front soon

I'll be crushed if he cancels Runaways.

pretty sure that's up to Hulu but we'll see

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, no. First off, I don't agree with your assessment of the MCU all being the same. Black Panther is not Homecoming which is not Winter Soldier. Marvel Comics have been pumping out event books for 15 years now, maybe under Feige things could return to the days of the 70s and 80s when he was reading comics as a kid when we didn't get an event every six months.

Also, Disney already owns Marvel and has for about a decade. If they were gonna put their "grubby hands" all over the comics they would've done it by now
Firstly, you need to reread my post because:

The best thing Fiege could do for the House of Ideas is keep Disney's grubby little hands off of them and let Marvel do what Marvel does unmolested for the first time in damn near a decade
Implies that yes, I am saying they've done it by now. And yeah, it was Perlmutter for the most part (demphasis of X-Men, burying of FF, push for Inhumans), but my point is that "yay, the dude who kept sticking his nose in these books with editorial mandates is no longer in control, I can't wait for the less shitty dude who is now in control to stick his nose in these books with editorial mandates" isn't the best thing to hope for.

There's a reason that Panther, Winter Soldier, and both Guardians of the Galaxy occupy the top four slots on my list of Marvel films. Infinity War, Ragnarok, and Homecoming round out the top seven. And after that, you drift into this same-y morass. Not of bad films. Nor generic. But different takes on the same house style. (Hell, I'd slot Infinity War and Homecoming in that category as well, despite how much I may have liked them). And I don't want that for the books.

In regards to events? Events sell so events get made. That's not the fault of DC or Marvel in terms of creative vision. That's the fault of Diamond Distributors getting a stranglehold on distribution and causing comics to no longer be readily available in grocery stores and corner shops. This had the dual consequences of reducing exposure and driving up prices, which of course reduced readership. But event books sell, so event books are printed frequently. Feige's creative vision won't change that and Perlmutter's still in charge of sales.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't see Feige getting too involved with the comics stuff, unless it's something earth-shattering that could tremendously change the status quo for a character. The comics are great right now, in spite of the obstacles that may have come with Perlmutter's "leadership," and I don't really think much will change, except maybe more freedom or willingness to diversify (see some of Sina Grace's complaints). Which is a good thing. We'll see, I guess.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
What does that mean for Marvel Games?

EDIT: Just saw the tweets by THR editor. The dream is dead.

Last edited:

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Firstly, you need to reread my post because:

Implies that yes, I am saying they've done it by now. And yeah, it was Perlmutter for the most part (demphasis of X-Men, burying of FF, push for Inhumans), but my point is that "yay, the dude who kept sticking his nose in these books with editorial mandates is no longer in control, I can't wait for the less shitty dude who is now in control to stick his nose in these books with editorial mandates" isn't the best thing to hope for.

There's a reason that Panther, Winter Soldier, and both Guardians of the Galaxy occupy the top four slots on my list of Marvel films. Infinity War, Ragnarok, and Homecoming round out the top seven. And after that, you drift into this same-y morass. Not of bad films. Nor generic. But different takes on the same house style. (Hell, I'd slot Infinity War and Homecoming in that category as well, despite how much I may have liked them). And I don't want that for the books.

In regards to events? Events sell so events get made. That's not the fault of DC or Marvel in terms of creative vision. That's the fault of Diamond Distributors getting a stranglehold on distribution and causing comics to no longer be readily available in grocery stores and corner shops. This had the dual consequences of reducing exposure and driving up prices, which of course reduced readership. But event books sell, so event books are printed frequently. Feige's creative vision won't change that and Perlmutter's still in charge of sales.
The difference here is that I trust Feige, while you don't seem to. Which is weird to me, because those movies you mentioned in your top four and seven were all still approved by Feige. Which means at the very least he understands when to leave the creators vision alone. Feige is more of a fan of the material than Perlmutter ever was

You're gonna get editorial mandates either way. You could do soooooooo much worse than Feige. When you he starts treating the comics the way Perlmutter has, then I could understand how you could feel that way. But dude has earned my trust

As far as the event book stuff and sales, a creative vision like Feige's could lead to less events, even if it's only one a year instead of the several we get now