• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
The fact that Feige needed to answer that really bums me out. Can people not put these things together for themselves? Can they not realise how unimportant to the story that kind of detail is? Did anyone really sit in the theatre and think "Oh no, they brought everyone back, WHAT ABOUT EVERYONE ON PLANES, OR IN TRAINS, OR IN CARS THAT AREN'T THERE ANY MORE???".

I wasn't concerned about that at all. Though I thought the consequences of the Snap weren't really followed through on in the first place. For example, 1/4 of all passenger airliners would have lost both pilots, 1/2 of all car, truck, and bus drivers would have disappeared etc which would create a massive amount of collateral and infrastructure damage while the remaining half of first responders, police, military, and health workers would have struggled to cope with the chaos (especially if they lost critical team members). Society would have broken down completely between the human losses, fires and breakdown in services, and the emotional trauma.

Did Thanos wish for the culling to happen "safely" too? That's a better question in my opinion.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even more touching than the cheeseburger scene?

The Shane quote legit hurts. With Tony it's the moment of his death that's painful, especially when Pepper talks to him, but with Logan it's... everything.

When he tells Laura not to be what they made her, he's also referring to himself and the Weapon X program, and then he finally understands what "it" feels like - and we're left asking if he meant dying or being loved.

Just thinking about it makes me sad. šŸ˜ž

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
I can't imagine a scenario where an actor that's played a character for decades and dozen movies, risk a pay cut just to give the character a send-off like Logan.

They went all in and it cut deep.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Now every MCU movie should have long lasting consequences, otherwise they will be as forgettable and unnecessary as Captain Marvel.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The fact that Feige needed to answer that really bums me out. Can people not put these things together for themselves? Can they not realise how unimportant to the story that kind of detail is? Did anyone really sit in the theatre and think "Oh no, they brought everyone back, WHAT ABOUT EVERYONE ON PLANES, OR IN TRAINS, OR IN CARS THAT AREN'T THERE ANY MORE???".

Ok, ok, but what about like the people left on planes where the pilot was snapped? I guess they dead. They dead all over!

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
he made about 75 million each for iw and endgame. dude gets about 2.5% of the profit on these films. and that's after his 10-20 mil base pay. chris evans, hemsworth, and scarjo got 15 million each. rdj is by the most expensive actor in history.

The entire reason that Marvel Studios isn't under the purview of Perlmutter and Marvel Entertainment is because Feige wanted to pay RDJ a large sum of money to be in Civil War and Ike didn't. You didn't actually need to write Homecoming in such a way that Iron Man is a big part of it, and pay RDJ the $15M that that entailed, but they did anyway. The idea that now they wouldn't want to pay him anymore, even though the movies make more than enough money to make up for it, is completely absurd.

But then again, you probably already knew that.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I wasn't concerned about that at all. Though I thought the consequences of the Snap weren't really followed through on in the first place. For example, 1/4 of all passenger airliners would have lost both pilots, 1/2 of all car, truck, and bus drivers would have disappeared etc which would create a massive amount of collateral and infrastructure damage while the remaining half of first responders, police, military, and health workers would have struggled to cope with the chaos (especially if they lost critical team members). Society would have broken down completely between the human losses, fires and breakdown in services, and the emotional trauma.

Did Thanos wish for the culling to happen "safely" too? That's a better question in my opinion.
That's touched upon, no? Seeing Ant-Man running through abandoned streets, the conversation at the start where they "miss the Mets", etcetera. Looks and sounds as though a lot of things are gone. Society hasn't collapsed, but it looks like they didn't have it easy either.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
RDJ and Chris Evans didn't want to do Marvel forever and wanted to leave on a high note before people are sick of their respective characters. They extended their original contracts several times I believe.
Maybe some of the other original Avengers like ScarJo or Ruffalo were done as well.

Tuftecake

Mar 26, 2018
l9pCQWS.jpg

Gonna go with nope.

Granted with all his talk of random fairness of his culling he was probably a 'get the big thing done and let chips fall where they may' kinda guy.

Or just an asshole but y'know.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
I don't know how this could have worked from a logic standpoint but this would have been super cool to see.

I'm late to the party here but Feige or the Russos' actually addressed this in another interview. Thanos would've gone to earth in 2014 while his crew was reverse engineering the Pym tech Nebula brought. Once on earth he would've razed it, found that timeline's Cap, and beheaded him. As you can imagine it was a lot of exposition to add to a damn long film.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
That's touched upon, no? Seeing Ant-Man running through abandoned streets, the conversation at the start where they "miss the Mets", etcetera. Looks and sounds as though a lot of things are gone. Society hasn't collapsed, but it looks like they didn't have it easy either.

What they basically showed and implied was "a whole lot of people got sad and gave up or stopped trying". There wasn't really that much impact depicted beyond what was shown in The Leftovers, and in that TV series only 2% of the worlds population disappeared (the effects and aftermath of the event in that show felt fairly solid).

The reality of the Snap would be a lot more actual death and destruction between immediate accidents, fire, disease, starvation, suicide, looting/riots, revolutions/war, etc. But that would have been far more dark than what the movie called for.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Well if you're gonna take inspiration from an X-Men film, that's the one to take it from. In ten years or so I think it will be widely understood and agreed upon that, in the end, Logan is the only legitimately great film to come out of the Fox X-Men series.