• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean you haven't even tried to honestly argue with anyone.

If your going to continue to post hot takes you could actually try to explain why you feel that way. Otherwise your trolling.

All I've done is give my opinions on the scene. Not my fault they aren't the correct opinions and you feel the need to 'argue' about it. Is "DER YOU PROBABLY DIDN'T EVEN SEE IT" supposed to be some kind of reasonable criticism?

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
i didn't like tony's funeral. it just had weird cameos and threw everything at it. you only needed a handful of people there. im3 kid was just weird. also, nat never got a funeral. it's funny how overlooked her death was.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
All I've done is give my opinions on the scene. Not my fault they aren't the correct opinions and you feel the need to 'argue' about it. Is "DER YOU PROBABLY DIDN'T EVEN SEE IT" supposed to be some kind of reasonable criticism?

I mean your posting on a public forum with hot takes that offer little explanation. When you get challenged you just jump straight to: "I DON'T NEED TO ARGUE THEY'RE MY OPINIONS". Which, considering you've literally went out of your way to continue to post the hot takes, you clearly wanted to get someone riled up.

You know, trolling.

i didn't like tony's funeral. it just had weird cameos and threw everything at it. you only needed a handful of people there. im3 kid was just weird. also, nat never got a funeral. it's funny how overlooked her death was.

It was a handful of people. Like considering he literally saved the entire universe, it's actually a really really tiny funeral. It's even right at their house rather than at a public place.

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, it's like they couldn't come up with a single tasteful moment like Logan's cross falling over so it ended up being just a blizzard of cameos, where it is just scrubbing the camera by a shitload of people, and forced moments like the raft and TONY LIKE HAMBURGER. Shit was interminable.

Oct 28, 2017
JB1981 BACK AT IT AGAIN WITH THEM BAD TAKES!

Back at what? In the interview Feige specifically mentions that Nick Fury's "death" lacked consequences and stakes. He cites past movies within MCU not delivering on the kind of finality Logan had and he felt that was something that needed to change with IW. What exactly is your problem with what I said?

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

if we can reasonably infer from your posts that you might have not seen the movie then.........yes?

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't really have an issue with the Endgame funeral scene, it was fine if kind of flat for me. Like someone said, the Cap ending had a more emotional beat actually. The Logan funeral actually had a tear in my eye, but the entire film built up to that so I think it worked better in eliciting an emotional response.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I liked Tony's funeral scene but it just made me think Black Widow got ripped off.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I liked Tony's funeral scene but it just made me think Black Widow got ripped off.

I think it's a matter of

a) she wasn't a huge public figure like Tony was for his whole life -
look at the classroom wall art in Far From Home. Dozens of pictures of Tony and only one of Natasha.
b) they probably did have a small memorial for her, and they're probably saving it for her movie.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I'm obsessed with Hawkeye's superhair bending reality 19 seconds in

Also, yeah, good god that scene is terrible

I wish they kept the shot of Strange.

He steered the timeline to this point. And while it was the only way to save the universe it still cost a life.

Cumberbatch's face seems to perfectly encapsulate the emotions of him feeling the consequences of what he did.

And while it saved the universe it doesn't make it any easier.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
The fact that Feige needed to answer that really bums me out. Can people not put these things together for themselves? Can they not realise how unimportant to the story that kind of detail is? Did anyone really sit in the theatre and think "Oh no, they brought everyone back, WHAT ABOUT EVERYONE ON PLANES, OR IN TRAINS, OR IN CARS THAT AREN'T THERE ANY MORE???".

Honestly, for all the other comic book stuff in there, Linda Cardellini calling Hawkeye's phone right after she was unsnapped really stood out to me as a "how in the world did this happen" moment.

I did think it was a bold move to not just reverse time and undo all the damage (and maybe only the Avengers remember), but to keep that in there, considering the ramifications of half the population's lives moving on and the other half just showing up out of nowhere. Plus all the other people on the planes that crashed are all dead. But I guess that's what Fandral (the first one)'s tv show covers.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it's like they couldn't come up with a single tasteful moment like Logan's cross falling over so it ended up being just a blizzard of cameos, where it is just scrubbing the camera by a shitload of people, and forced moments like the raft and TONY LIKE HAMBURGER. Shit was interminable.
Yeah, Logan's was done much better. The entire movie sets up his death while Tony's is more he dies and you get sad cause of his legacy. Logan is an emotional rollercoaster of a film so it will naturally have a better death. I still don't get why they added the IM3 kid to Tony's funeral. Seems really weird.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

He steered the timeline to this point. And while it was the only way to save the universe it still cost a life.

Cumberbatch's face seems to perfectly encapsulate the emotions of him feeling the consequences of what he did.

Really gotta give Cumberbatch props for being able to sell the cold realist part of his personality while also showing some remorse and regret like anyone else would.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Logan has been the only film that I can remember that had me in tears in more than one scene.

Man that movie was tough... And I LOVED it. Great soundtrack as well. Reason I bought the 4K BluRay bundle. >_<

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Gotta agree with this. Keeping his last moment interactions to the people closest to him, war machine, Spiderman and pepper, plus that reaction shot of strange would have been better than everyone else kneeling, as their respect is covered by the funeral following anyway.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of Logan, Xavier's death in that movie just didn't work for me at all. It's not really Mangold's fault but the fact that the franchise had killed him off once before really took the oomph out of that scene imo. Also, it might have been just my theater, but the audio mix in that scene was really bad, I could not make out what Logan was saying to him at all.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Logan could have been so much better without the clone drama. I really don't know what they were thinking

I get you, but at the same time, not having to go super in depth on the villain really let the wolveine, x, and x-23 dynamic shine and be the focus.

Man Logan is so fucking good. Easily my number 2 fav super hero film of all time.

Didn't they kill him because he wanted out though

Hugh Jackman? I mean yeah, he wanted it to end there. But he loved the character, and kept being wolverine for 17 years despite some absolutely shit movies.

Perfect send of. same with RDJ

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of Logan, Xavier's death in that movie just didn't work for me at all. It's not really Mangold's fault but the fact that the franchise had killed him off once before really took the oomph out of that scene imo. Also, it might have been just my theater, but the audio mix in that scene was really bad, I could not make out what Logan was saying to him at all.

Xavier technically never died in X3. After credit showed him still alive.

One of the problems with X3 is not commiting to it's choices (like the cure actually not being permanent).

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Xavier technically never died in X3. After credit showed him still alive.

One of the problems with X3 is not commiting to it's choices (like the cure actually not being permanent).
right, but it was still a depiction of Xavier dying. It was something that had been shown already. When Xavier dies in Logan, honestly my reaction to that moment was, I've already seen this before.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tony's funeral lasted like 2 minutes, what the fuck are people in this thread talking about.

Plus it was more of a means to show every major character together at once.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Oh I agree, but what's in the movies is more canon that what a producer says happened in their head.

Yeah, but Kevin Feige really isn't just "a producer"

he's fully aware of the scene in FFH that discredits what the writers/directors of Endgame did. he could have been like "no that doesn't work" *raises glasses/tightens baseball cap* but he didn't do that since it's just a lighthearted joke they wanted in the movie. they're not gonna sweat the small stuff, and his answer still stands for the context of Endgame.

FFH doesn't really shit on anything Feige said here, because it's not like getting de-blipped in the school gym is equivalent to getting de-blipped 3000 feet in the air and plummeting to your death hehe

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Wow so even Kevin Feige, the creative head of the MCU, felt that the movies lacked "steaks."

You're gonna get dogpiled on, but I and the same takeaway.

Feige himself said he understood why people were clamoring for "stakes." You know, the thing MCU-stans kept insisting wasn't an issue or something the films needed. Yet, here's Feige saying that it is a valid complaint that they sought to address.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course, your Lord taking notes from the best Marvel movie ever made, Logan. Still didn't have an ounce of the impact of Logan and X23 though.
Back at what? In the interview Feige specifically mentions that Nick Fury's "death" lacked consequences and stakes. He cites past movies within MCU not delivering on the kind of finality Logan had and he felt that was something that needed to change with IW. What exactly is your problem with what I said?

preach

Oct 26, 2017
That still doesn't explain the countless people who died as a consequence of other people being snapped. Like if someone's pilot was dusted, that person's dead dead and ain't ever coming back from The Blip.

A ton of people all over the universe probably died as a direct result of the snap, but that's kind of the point with disasters.

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a non-superhero movie just about the effects of the snap.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
Logan was incredible, in my top slot of comic movies. A perfect end to that portrayal of the character, Jackman, Stewart and Keen were amazing.