• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I'm ok with a 5-year break to let the memory of the Fox X-men fade away so they MCU Xmen can start off fresh.
What does this mean about the Fantastic Four though?

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
That seems reasonable considering the amount of time that it's going to take to get planning and pre-production done on this and all of their other films. Will help to put the brand on ice for a bit as well

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Probably why the best bet is to start building them up separately with Deadpool, given that's unlikely to be absent through the duration. Not a focus or anything major, but a way to tease the characters and cast for the eventual team debut.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But what about the Fantastic Four? They were also part of the acquisition and if Feige's comment that "we made this plan before any of that was set" is 100% true then that means the Fantastic Four aren't showing up for five years either.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm fine with this simply because there are most likely so many deep cut superheroes they can still make into interesting films. If they had the XMen all along I doubt we would've gotten GotG or AntMan.

Thizzles

Banned
Feb 9, 2019
I'm ok with a 5-year break to let the memory of the Fox X-men fade away so they MCU Xmen can start off fresh.
What does this mean about the Fantastic Four though?
Its gonna be the same thing. At least 5 years before FF4 is introduced. They already have everything planned that theyre gonna do for now. Its for the best. The worst thing you can do is try to shoehorn in xmen and FF4.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
If I don't see Silver Surfer by the time the next Avengers movie is announced Feige is canceled.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, needed

Two or three years before coming off the back of the Fox years didn't really seem like a long enough pause. Jackman, Stewart, Fassbender, McAvoy et al are still fairly fresh - that's not including the bomb Phoenix is likely to be

Five or more years out is fine. They can do small nods and work up

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Still plenty of other characters to use in the meantime. Even before the Fox deal, many people were asking for Namor, Nova, Ms. Marvel, Blade, and the Marvel Netflix cast. Moon Knight would also be cool.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
They're taking a pretty big gamble on the Cosmic Marvel stuff. I think audiences are ready, but X-Men are a great fallback if they need to ground the franchise again. Fantastic Four would be a great fit for what Marvel's probably trying to set up in Phase 4.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All I hear from that is, EXPECT DOCTOR DOOM SOON! :D

so what if I'm optimistic I love Doom

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
At first I was fine until I thought about a Deadpool movie with no mutant or Xmen references and that's I dunno.

Doggg

â–² Legend â–²
Nov 17, 2017
Got to let people forget the modern X-Men films somewhat.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fair. Don't rush it.

Though I reckon they'll try to get a Deadpool movie off the ground sooner than later.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Its gonna be the same thing. At least 5 years before FF4 is introduced. They already have everything planned that theyre gonna do for now. Its for the best. The worst thing you can do is try to shoehorn in xmen and FF4.
That makes sense for the Xmen but seeing how fast they were able to integrate Spiderman into the MCU, I don't see why the couldn't add in the Fantastic Four into the bookend of Phase 4. Unless they don't think Fantastic Four is bankable enough to even go through all of that.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Does that also include Deadpool?
I would assume it does. But at the same time, I don't think they are worried about Deadpool. That's kind of his biggest strength is that he gets to not play by the rules. There will be a Deadpool 3 in the next 5 years for sure, whether it fits neatly into the MCU, or it's a setup for his entrance into the MCU (movie plays out as a sequel to DP2 but then post credit he ends up in the MCU).

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Obviously, it wouldn't be happening right away.

"A very long time" seems a bit much though. It'll be sooner than that description would make most people think.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense. You can't just shove them in, you need to fit them in organically. Plus the MCU isn't some short term thing, they're undoubtedly planning to keep it going for decades if not indefinitely.

So no matter what way you look at it, they only benefit by waiting a while.

Thizzles

Banned
Feb 9, 2019
That makes sense for the Xmen but seeing how fast they were able to integrate Spiderman into the MCU, I don't see why the couldn't add in the Fantastic Four into the bookend of Phase 4. Unless they don't think Fantastic Four is bankable enough to even go through all of that.
They tried for years to get spideman into the MCU so im sure they had plans if they got him. With all the major villains that come along with FF4 its just better to wait

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
But what about the Fantastic Four? They were also part of the acquisition and if Feige's comment that "we made this plan before any of that was set" is 100% true then that means the Fantastic Four aren't showing up for five years either.

Correct. People expecting the FF or the X-Men to just suddenly appear as soon as the deal was done have no idea how production works. You'll be watching MCU FF and X-Men movies around the same time you're playing Elder Scrolls 6.

They tried for years to get spideman into the MCU so im sure they had plans if they got him. With all the major villains that come along with FF4 its just better to wait

They also couldn't just sit on Spider-Man due to Sony being part of the deal and requiring results. If they could have sat on Spider-Man and introduced him more organically they probably would have.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
😂 of course that's what he's gonna say when the post credits scene is dr doom.