• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Don't how you guys can subject yourselves to this brain poison. She will be confirmed, why make everything along the way so painful lol

I just want it on the record that Senator Hirono is awesome, and I would move to Hawaii just to vote for her if I could.
Hawaii has the best Senate delegation.

Last edited:

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
Frankly Republicans all over should feel ashamed at the words and arguments of their representatives today, like they should seriously question their mental capacity. Either way, I'm glad it doesn't seem like they'll be able to stop Ketanji.

They are having the complete opposite reaction you are suggesting. This is exactly what they vote for.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Cotton cowered like a little twit after his time for questioning was up. He didn't make a dent and he knew it.

Deleted member 31140

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Yup, its purely a wedge issue to rile up the base. Ridiculous as hell

Democrat's current strategy of throwing their hands up in the air and calling it fake whenever CRT gets mentioned isn't working. It's not just their base, it's independents and moderates as well. Elections are going to be lost (and already have been, see Virginia) because of this

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Is it ridiculous to ask why the Dems don't play by the rules the Reps have laid? I swear when they had this opportunity they approved someone in like 5 seconds. Not to mention Kavanaugh, who when faced with sexual assault allegations just repeatedly yelled "I like beer"

Why can't the Dems just do the same? Say fuck you and jam it through?

May 26, 2018
Is it ridiculous to ask why the Dems don't play by the rules the Reps have laid? I swear when they had this opportunity they approved someone in like 5 seconds. Not to mention Kavanaugh, who when faced with sexual assault allegations just repeatedly yelled "I like beer"

Cuz Dems aren't united. Big tent and all.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Seeing this from the outside and hearing what shit the Reps are asking/saying... this is really like Idiocracy again. I know, they say that for their Fox/Newsmax audience but hell wtf is this.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017

Pretty sure they're following the same rules. Kavanaugh and Barrett followed the same procedure, with hearings just like these. Where do you think the "I like beer" quote came from? It's just that Republican senators are more willing to make asses of themselves and ask ridiculous questions and grandstand and whatnot. Which makes sense, considering the Republican electorate responds better to that sort of clown show.

A year from now you're not going to remember this, any more than you remember the Barrett hearings. Probably. Like, this might be crazy enough to be remembered like Kavanaugh, but he was a pretty special case. And what you'll remember won't be Jackson, it'll be Ted Cruz and the others. Jackson has kept her cool completely.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017

Not ridiculous. You don't know what you don't know.

There were hearings for all three of Trump's picks. Dems, like the Republicans during those hearings, have the capability to vote Judge Jackson onto the Supreme Court without a single R vote, although they have slightly slimmer margins with which to do so. This process will take roughly the same time as the Trump nominees, unless something unforeseen occurs.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017

There isn't anything different about the process being used here than the one that was used for other recent SC noms.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
Don't how you guys can subject yourselves to this brain poison. She will be confirmed, why make everything along the way so painful lol

Every big senate hearing I convince myself to start watching it and then like 15 minutes in I want to shoot myself in the face. They're so awful and have so little substance. It's just a back and forth of some asshole senators making some ridiculous overblown claim or soundbyte showcase and then the person the hearing is about spends all their time not actually answering any question directly. It's mind numbing.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Democrat's current strategy of throwing their hands up in the air and calling it fake whenever CRT gets mentioned isn't working. It's not just their base, it's independents and moderates as well. Elections are going to be lost (and already have been, see Virginia) because of this

Fake is the nicest term though; its full mask off racist that we haven't seen in decades. You call it out and now GOP goes on their "saying its racist is the real racism" pivot. There was that article a few months back saying no one really knows what CRT is with a shining example of a woman calling and complaining to her kids school isn't MLK day off CRT and why are they doing it. Trying to fix America is filled with conscious and subconscious racist fucks isn't something we can fix by midterms, lol. Trump showed you really can't counter leveraging racism in American politics as long as you give the racism plausible deniability. Its how Tucker can basically dance around the 14 word nazi off, but give the duh face and laugh off being racist

Last edited:

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
She'll get confirmed, but it is sad that the GOP as a whole sitting on that panel have done a great job of painting her as being soft on child sex crimes because they bring up so much inaccurate BULLSHIT, SO FUCKING MUCH.

Individually though they can't really touch her. She's done a great job. So they'll just more broadly beat the character assassination drum.

Last edited:

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

Every Supreme Court nominee goes through confirmation hearings. Trump's nominees were no different. And there was nothing Dems could do to stop or really slow down confirmation for Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, or Barrett because they didn't control the Senate at the time. Now they do, which is why Jackson will be confirmed. And if she's confirmed by Easter, which is the plan, it'll be the second fastest confirmation ever (faster than Trump's first two). So there's no lack of speed here or something that the GOP did that Dems refuse to do. They're moving along as fast as possible and this is the first time in over a decade where they've had the power to do that.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Oh ho ho did you miss out on a fun 2006-7.
542115102804148264.gif

Deleted member 31140

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Fake is the nicest term though; its full mask off racist that we haven't seen in decades. You call it out and now GOP goes on their "saying its racist is the real racism" pivot. There was that article a few months back saying no one really knows what CRT is with a shining example of a woman calling and complaining to her kids school isn't MLK day off CRT and why are they doing it. Trying to fix America is filled with conscious and subconscious racist fucks isn't something we can fix by midterms, lol. Trump showed you really can't counter leveraging racism in American politics as long as you give the racism plausible deniability. Its how Tucker can basically dance around the 14 word nazi off, but give the duh face and laugh off being racist
😞

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Fox News keeps posting embedded videos of their attempted "Gotcha" moments from this hearing, and it always starts with Ketanji mid head-scratch and confused; when the reality there was literally half a second of her just scratching her head.

Its so blatant and gross.

Dreezy

Oct 27, 2017
Damn did they go deep into the last 2 candidates' cases like this? Feel like they're holding her to a way higher standard than the others. Gee I wonder why

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Damn did they go deep into the last 2 candidates' cases like this? Feel like they're holding her to a way higher standard than the others. Gee I wonder why
Not a lot of time was spent scrutinizing the judicial record of the second-to-last candidate because they were too busy trying to address the credible sexual abuse accusations that were thrown his way.

Not a lot of time was spent scrutinizing the judicial record of the last candidate because honestly, who even fucking cared at that point? The fact that a nominee was put forward at all, the hypocrisy of the timeframe for the nomination, and the prior confirmation of the sex abuser as a justice already showed that the GOP would stop at nothing to fill the seat regardless of any potential bad spots being addressed. They could have nominated the Burger King to the Supreme Court for all the difference record or qualifications make.

Likewise the "standard" being judged here is equally pointless now and is all being done performatively to continue stoking the Republican hate machine that's fueling their takeover of the country.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"kentanji...and let me just say you speak such good english by the way, so articluate...how do you feel about the word, 'whitey'?"
LOL
....dare I ask what this is about

Obama Internet site confronts rumors

Democrat Barack Obama's campaign said Thursday that Michelle Obama never used the word "whitey" in a speech.

thehill.com

Roger Stone Claims Michelle Obama ‘Whitey’ Video Will Soon Surface

Legendary conservative political hit man Roger Stone says a tape of Michelle Obama referring to white people as “whitey” is about to surface. “At least seven news organizations ha…

Right-wing media kept claiming the tape existed lmao.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017

In the case of Amy Coney Barrett, she had basically no casework to delve into for forensic or rhetorical scrutiny. And Kavanaugh had a much more volatile situation he was grilled for.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
LOL

Obama Internet site confronts rumors

Democrat Barack Obama's campaign said Thursday that Michelle Obama never used the word "whitey" in a speech.

thehill.com

Roger Stone Claims Michelle Obama ‘Whitey’ Video Will Soon Surface

Legendary conservative political hit man Roger Stone says a tape of Michelle Obama referring to white people as “whitey” is about to surface. “At least seven news organizations ha…

Right-wing media kept claiming the tape existed lmao.
Damn now Obama will never get elected