• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

redmason81

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 18, 2022
Congrats, Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson.

Should there be a seperate thread now that she's confirmed?

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
That's awesome to hear! Congrats to the new Supreme Court Justice!

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations Justice Brown Jackson. She definitively deserved that position.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Remember this moment next time someone mentions the GA run offs and says it was for nothing!

Congratulations Judge Jackson!

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations to her she seems like a perfect candidate for the job!

But as an outsider looking to the circus that is current American politics and how insanely divided it has become, I wonder what would happen if the super majority rule was still in place? Would the supreme Court keep shrinking since no justice would ever get confirmed until there was nobody left? It feels like America will just become ungovernably divided soon-ish.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations to her she seems like a perfect candidate for the job!

But as an outsider looking to the circus that is current American politics and how insanely divided it has become, I wonder what would happen if the super majority rule was still in place? Would the supreme Court keep shrinking since no justice would ever get confirmed until there was nobody left? It feels like America will just become ungovernably divided soon-ish.

Yes that is precisely what would happen. The house and Senate tend to flow in waves from GOP to Dems so no one would ever have a large enough majority to confirm.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Fox News tears are going to be glorious tonight. Really happy she got her confirmation.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Grats to the new Justice! More qualified than the last three combined.

.. and fuck each one of these assholes that walked out. People want to talk about how 'divided' our country is - it's not a division between policy differences, it's a division between straight evil and everyone else.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Great moment for the court, as lopsided as it currently is. Great precedent with a public defender on the bench as well.

Still embarrassing that the GOP Senators are complaining to Jackson herself, that they don't have anything to harangue her on like Kav's assault allegations or ACB's lack of experience.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
How do those people live with themselves? With their urgly character?

They don't care about how others view them. They have no morals, no scruples to actually care that they are racists shits. They learned long ago that as long as they continue to get elected and get money that is all they need. The more the sow the seeds of divisions to the morons that elect them. If they get re-elected and keep getting money they don't care about us calling them racists.

You and I and everyone here could not bend our morals and scruples like they do. It takes a special kind of douchebag to be a republican

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, Republicans just have no shame at all. Granted, I'm sure their constituents eat this shit up.

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017

I don't like Romney, but he's one of the only Republicans that vaguely resembles an actual human being every once in a blue moon.

It's rare and I don't want to heap much praise on him because fuck Mitt Romney, but the bar is low with the rest of these Saturday morning cartoon villain mother fuckers.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
fuckers walking out after they were just fine with literally robbing Obama of his SCOTUS pick and then we got Gorsuch as a result. They have a solid conservative SCOTUS majority precisely because of this.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like Romney, but he's one of the only Republicans that vaguely resembles an actual human being every once in a blue moon.

It's rare and I don't want to heap much praise on him because fuck Mitt Romney, but the bar is low with the rest of these Saturday morning cartoon villain mother fuckers.

He was born in a different time, has different values but I feel like I could at least debate the man. Can't say the same for Cruz and a lot of the others.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017

Eh, I mean that's a fair position to take, but I respect him. I don't agree with him on a lot of policies, but it's okay to disagree on policies. What's wrong is the open xenophobia, homophobia, racism, authoritarianism, and conspiracy theories that come from so many on the right. Mitt Romney is no longer an enemy of the left, because regular Republicans like Romney are no longer what the GOP represents.

Basically, I respect that he hasn't joined the big grift.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
It took ten whole years for Mitt Romney to go from the most mainstream Republican imaginable - enough that they ran him for President! - to way, way out on the fringes of his party. It really did happen that quickly, and even as someone who watched it in real-time, that's hard to believe.

Couldn't be happier for Jackson, and good on Biden for delivering on this particular promise. She'll be a great Justice for decades to come.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I will again use the caveat that I'm not speaking as a mod here, but...

Aren't y'all tired of framing everything through the lens of how the goddamn fucking degenerate clown college that is the GOP react to everything?

The first Black Woman.

The first public defender.

Elected to SCOTUS.

Fuck Republicans. They're being exactly who we all knew they would be.

Can't wait to see JUSTICE Ketanji Brown Jackson at WORK.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

Aren't y'all tired of framing everything through the lens of how the goddamn fucking degenerate clown college that is the GOP react to everything?

The first Black Woman.

Elected to SCOTUS.

I think some people just like watching them squirm and suffer. Uncomfortable and angry that a black woman succeeded.

I know I do.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017

The first Black Woman.

Elected to SCOTUS.

I for one am happy looking at them and seeing their faces and you can actually see from their fucking clown masks that they are squirming and most likely full of baby rage because a woman of color made it and there was nothing they could do to stop her even though they really tried to.