• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, we are in for quite an emotional finale for the Skywalker Saga aren't we? Abrams going to go for the heartstrings with this final movie.

Keri Russell says that when J.J. Abrams sent her his version of the script for "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker," it overwhelmed her.

"When I read his script that he wrote I cried," she told The Associated Press in a recent interview. "I mean who knows what it will turn out to be and I hope it remains true to what he originally wanted."

Abrams directs the film which is the final chapter in the Skywalker story that started with 1977ā€²s "Star Wars."

Russell says Abrams is the right person to finish the saga because he cares.

"He's not trying to change it to be something else," she said. "He really respects what it is."

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I don't think this thread will go well...and I liked TFA and TLJ.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
can't wait for that tearjerker scene with Anakin's ghost played by Hayden Christensen

forreal though I'm excited for this though I don't think it will top TLJ. but I like that he brought back Palpatine if only to keep the familiarity throughout the entire saga. will be fun watching all 8 movies prior to this.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh. More retreaded safe bullshit.

Or he's sticking to what The Last Jedi set up, which would be nice.

I'm very concerned about Russell's character specifically because she looks very much like who I'd cast as Daisy Ridley's mother. If Abrams undoes the "Rey's parents are nobody" thing I will be most put out.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Actors cry a lot while reading scripts.Like I'm glad you're into your work but an actor endorsing a project they're currently working on rarely means anything one way or another. Like social media reactions I only believe the negative ones sadly when someone breaks kayfabe .

Boyega, 23, said: "When I read the script I cried, and I'm not really a big crier ... I'm more like a frog-in-the-throat kind of guy, who'll try to hold it in and make sure I don't let it all out."
Star Wars actor John Boyega admits crying when he read script

Last edited:

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
I think they might be killing Luke in this one. It is the end of the Skywalker era after all.
20079.jpg

Err

---

Although I have a feeling Force Ghosts may actually die in this one

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actors cry a lot while reading scripts.Like I'm glad you're into your work but an actor endorsing a project they're currently working on rarely means anything one way or another. Like social media reactions I only believe the negative ones sadly when someone breaks kayfabe .

Star Wars actor John Boyega admits crying when he read script

Wait, I thought Boyega didn't have access to the whole script? When asked about Kylo he said he doesn't actually know much about him in TROS because he doesn't have that many scenes with him and he only knows about the scenes he was in

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Can't wait for the nerd rage when all the Force Ghost fusion into an Omega Jedi God and strike down whoever is the badguy in this movie.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Seeing that TLJ completely botched Luke's death I hope they make it very emotional this time as it is the finale for all these characters.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always want a movie to attempt to make me cry for some reason. Got excited when Toys Story 4 reviews said the movie will give me tears. Felt nothing when Han died even though he's like my favourite character of all time. That's one of my few complaints with TFA.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Rey's mother confirmed
Its funny, before TLJ a lot of places online (GAF, Reddit, etc) where creating theories left and right about what was going to happen in TLJ and most took every news as evidence to their theories. Now, I rarely see any theories from anyone even my own social crowd. I think I like it this way.