• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
There's been a "development status hotline" (1-858-WHEN-KRZ) phone number set up for like a year now where you can call and get a short blurb about the status of the release of the last act and console ports of Kentucky Route Zero, and it was updated tonight with a new message that it's "preparing for publication" (it's been in "quality assurance testing" for several months until now).
The message offers to let you stay on hold to wait for more detailed information, with an estimated wait time of (when I called) 3,780 minutes, which should put the announcement around 1 EST this Tuesday.

Cardboard Computer also tweeted the gif below, so something is probably happening; figured this is a pretty big deal considering how long this has been coming even though it's just 'an announcement of an announcement'.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This game have a good story? Is it the same type of game as grim fandango? Because I didn't like it

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Well that's unexpectedly sudden. I've been dying to see what the hype is about, can't wait to try it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 33571

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
This game have a good story? Is it the same type of game as grim fandango? Because I didn't like it
It's a point-and-click adventure game but there's no convoluted puzzles or really any inventory management or anything. And also some of the best writing in any game I've played, the story is really great imo

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Finally, I've been looking forward to this for ages after playing a bit of act 1 but have been holding off until all acts were out.

Oct 25, 2017
Just updated the OT with the news before I saw this thread. Feels appropriately surreal to finally be near the end, and have it being given to us through the WHEN-KRZ hotline they set up years back.

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
I heard from some Disco Elysiums players that KRZ is basically Inland Empire the game, accurate description? Aka, very surreal

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I only just played through the first four acts for the first time a couple months back. The game immediately shot up into my short list of all time favorites. Cannot wait to see the next act.

Deleted member 9486

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Loved the first four, but it's been a while so I'll ha e to replay. Will get right in it if this gets confirmed as I've been on a short, story game kick lately anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
I bought this, played through I think an episode and a half before shelving it to wait for all episodes to come out.

I knew it had been a while, but per Steam the last time I launched the game was in July, 2013.

If there's a release or final date announced, time to catch up.

Oct 25, 2017
A fun observation - The countdown timer ends 7 years to the day of the release date of Act I: January 7th, 2013.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Nintendo direct date?
vdms2Vo.gif

I'm not holding my breath for it though.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Do not fuck with me, I've been waiting too damn long. This is my game of the generation. I don't think there's a game I think as often as KRZ.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Finally time to install the game. (Bought it four years ago, lol.)

Andalusia

Alt Account
Sep 26, 2019
I bought the season pass during a GOG sale for $11 in 2014 but have held off on playing it for nearly 6 years now because I was waiting for all the acts to release.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Was this announced for gamepass? I vaguely recall seeing it in a sizzle reel.

Status
Not open for further replies.