• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
User Banned (Permanent): Tone Policing in a Sensitive Thread Over Multiple Posts; Numerous Prior Bans for Dismissive Behavior including a Severe Ban for Dismissing Concerns of Racism
I can post here

the cops should be sent to prison for murder, they killed this man

doesn't mean I can't argue with y'all for talking about some bullshit about burning the whole country down

Deleted member 14887

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I can post here

doesn't mean I can't argue with y'all for talking about some bullshit about burning the whole country down
People are justified in their anger, the fact you wanna argue with that when this incident literally just happened is super fucked up. Again, stop posting.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I can post here

If you can't understand why people would be frustrated about all this shit because this shit keeps happening constantly without any repercussions at all, then I dunno what to tell you. It's a systemic problem, and the country as a whole refuses to fucking A) acknowledge it, and B) actually do something about it. This thread certainly isn't the time nor the place for your pedantry.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
How would starting from scratch bring a better result than salvaging what we can right now
Like, do you literally mean complete anarchy? Millions would die, and I really don't think the right side would win and rise out of the ashes.
Yall just need to report posts like these. Don't waste your energy on people who are going to be idiots about it.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Super fucked up situation but why the fuck did this dude just casually walk to his car with cops surrounding him?

They need to release the bodycam ASAP.
We don't know yet. Conflicting orders from officers? Just plain ready to go home with his kids that were probably crying in the car? Stress reaction? Fear reaction? A combination thereof?

What matters here is the actions taken by the officers in response. Specifically the abject lack of any sort of empathy or de-escalation ability and what appears to be awful training and leadership from this team of officers. A scene now very common among American police officers. If you're concerned about him having a weapon in the vehicle, why don't you just tackle him before he opens the door or as he's opening it? Distance clearly wasn't an issue as they were never less than half a yard behind him. If you know he and everyone else involved is unarmed in the first place, why do you still have guns out, which would inherently increase stress and fear? Why wouldn't you have switched to non-leathal (or more accurately, "less lethal") weapons like tasers and batons and start talking to people, including the bystanders to help you determine who you can eliminate from your list of potential bad actors? Why did it take 7 casually-shot bullets (really, watch the casual nature in which the officer shoots him several times) to subdue him if that was the goal? Why let it get to that point when tackling, batons, and tasers should have been the highest priority options?

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
ACAB!

How would starting from scratch bring a better result than salvaging what we can right now
Like, do you literally mean complete anarchy? Millions would die, and I really don't think the right side would win and rise out of the ashes.
I can post here

Bruh, stop it. Right now.

Oct 27, 2017
Another what?

I''ll be protesting again this week for this unjust bullshit just like I did for George Floyd and Breonna Taylor so please, judge me more.

You're the one fucking questioning why he's walking to his vehicle surrounded by pigs. Again, who the fuck cares why.

Focus on what the pig did maybe.

And really, you looking for a pat on the back for protesting? Because you're not gonna get it from me. I live this shit every day, but hey protesting is the least you can do. So good job.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
His children WERE IN THE FUCKING CAR.

America genuinely needs widespread from the ground up reform of an unprecedented scale. The shit that's going on there across the board, especially for what is supposedly a first world developed democratic country, the most powerful in the world no less, is nigh on unfathomable.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Thread should be updated with the victim's name. His name is Jacob Blake.

Oct 25, 2017
could be that, I mean most reports show his kids were in the car!

But at that point.....why you shooting anyways!!!!!

Yeah, I can just see it being the usual, half the cops yelling show me some ID, and the other half yelling get on the ground. Not enough coordination for them to tackle, and one of the get on the ground guys being the one "fearing for his life".

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But guys, what about the right!?!? Fuck what the right thinks, burn that courthouse down.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No one gives a flying fuck why he walked back to the car. The fact of the matter is that they shot the man multiple times for no reason. If you think your semantics arguments are gonna change a damn thing, we have an ENTIRE OT of people getting arrested, beat down, or shot for far less.

As for the "why burn it down?" y'all lost your shit over puddles being removed from Spider-Man PS4 yet you can't comprehend the powder keg of systemic racism exploding after hundreds of years. Shut the hell up and sit your asses down.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah courthouse aint going down. Not very effective in fire setting techniques and swat immediately arrived since they are watching all the streams.

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
You're the one fucking questioning why he's walking to his vehicle surrounded by pigs. Again, who the fuck cares why.

Focus on what the pig did maybe.

And really, you looking for a pat on the back for protesting? Because you're not gonna get it from me. I live this shit every day, but hey protesting is the least you can do. So good job.
Ok, why would this asshole shoot a man 7 times in the back? Lack of training, scared, hate, racist? I would like to know why this man would pull this action in front of his family, in broad daylight while be recorded. Using a gun should be a last resort.

Thanks for assuming I'm not a minority and don't see this shit for myself, keep on keeping on.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I canf believe this story. Some white guy can shoot at the cops and they avoid killing him but shoot first ask later to people of color. Fucking horrible. My condolences to the family of the victim.

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Ok, why would this asshole shoot a man 7 times in the back? Lack of training, scared, hate, racist? I would like to know why this man would pull this action in front of his family, in broad daylight while be recorded. Using a gun should be a last resort.
www.youtube.com

The Police Trainer Who Teaches Cops to Kill | The New Yorker

Craig Atkinson’s short film includes documentary footage of police-training seminars that embrace the “warrior cop” mentality.Still haven’t subscribed to The...
Things are working as intended.

Oct 26, 2017
No one gives a flying fuck why he walked back to the car. The fact of the matter is that they shot the man multiple times for reason. If you think your semantics arguments are gonna change a damn thing, we have an ENTIRE OT of people getting arrested, beat down, or shot for far less.

Trying to hand wave this by asking "why was he going back into his car" ( probably to go back to his kids and away from the cops) is immediately thrown out the window when a cop has a gun on his back and follows him all the way to the car. If there was a fear something was going to happen they had plenty of time and cops to restrain him.

This cop let him open his car door because he knew that would allow him to shoot and kill Jacob. This cop wanted him dead and was waiting for an excuse, some plausible deniability.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to hand wave this by asking "why was he going back into his car" ( probably to go back to his kids and away from the cops) is immediately thrown out the window when a cop has a gun on his back and follows him all the way to the car. If there was a fear something was going to happen they had plenty of time and cops to restrain him.

This cop let him open his car door because he knew that would allow him to shoot and kill Jacob. This cop wanted him dead and was waiting for an excuse, some plausible deniability.
There was a post edit. That should've been "no reason." I'm on mobile so it fucked up