• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Most televangelists like Kenneth Copeland are scum, taking advantage of gullible people.

I'd give money to the homeless & to pay tithes in local churches rather than to give money to people like him.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Creflo Dollar is now accepting tithes via CashApp

yourblackworld.net

Creflo Dollar Sets Up Cash App Account To Collect Tithes During Coronavirus Quarantine

By Victor Omondi The ongoing Coronavirus outbreak has paralyzed almost every activity in the world. People can longer buy and sell as they used to do, investors are crying over subsiding trade in the global stocks market. Even worse, people can no longer gather in churches to worship their...
I admire this man. He doesn't even hide it and people are still dumb enough to follow him. I mean just look at this shit

All they need to do is to create a Cash App account and wire money to $DollaDollaBillYall.

When your pastors CashApp name is quoting Cash Rules Everything Around Me, he has no fucks to give.

Oct 28, 2017
I dont know if it's still this way but tithing was also a way of absolving you of sin. The more you paid the greater sims were forgiven.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I admire this man. He doesn't even hide it and people are still dumb enough to follow him. I mean just look at this shit

When your pastors CashApp name is quoting Cash Rules Everything Around Me, he has no fucks to give.
Lmao!!

Creflo Dollar is the most honest thief that I wonder if the term is even appropriate for him. I think every 5 years he steps back and is just amazed with everything he gets away with.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lmao!!

Creflo Dollar is the most honest thief that I wonder if the term is even appropriate for him. I think every 5 years he steps back and is just amazed with everything he gets away with.

"I understand the concerns over coronavirus but those concerns should not interfere with the tithing so I can afford to pay my bills on my mansion, fleet of luxury cars & private jet. If I'm struggling, nobody's getting into Heaven. So pay your tithes so I can properly shine while spreading the gospel," Pastor Creflo Dollar

I can't believe that's real.

Do any other religions have things like this?

I'm Muslim and I have no doubt there are those who take advantage on the sly but I've never seen anyone so openly describe their lifestyle and the believers need to keep funding it.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"I understand the concerns over coronavirus but those concerns should not interfere with the tithing so I can afford to pay my bills on my mansion, fleet of luxury cars & private jet. If I'm struggling, nobody's getting into Heaven. So pay your tithes so I can properly shine while spreading the gospel," Pastor Creflo Dollar

I can't believe that's real.

Do any other religions have things like this?

I'm Muslim and I have no doubt there are those who take advantage on the sly but I've never seen anyone so openly describe their lifestyle and the believers need to keep funding it.
The hustle is usually on the low. Churches are tax exempt and the Bible asks for 10% tithing. It wasn't until I was an adult that I encountered "Prosperity Gospel" and how popular it is. Creflo, Joel Osteen, and other charismatic thieves preach that God will bless you with finances if you are faithful. They are doing great, therefore God has obviously blessed them, and their success gives them even more authority. "Do what I do, be like me, and God will hook you up too. Follow Him (Me!) while kicking up 10%.". They are pretty much celebrities, which brings in more followers and money.

Lmao I've never seen someone hold people's souls hostage like Creflo though. Shameless!

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Putting all of his herd at risk by saying this, aside from being a plain old grifter. Not very Christlike. I feel really bad for people who believe in this message and will risk their and everyone else's health for this kind of thing.

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
there's a very large swathe of the prominent pious who must be far more atheist privately than even the biggest edgelord - because even a hardcore euphoric Fedora - sorry, trilby- enthusiast has a couple of bucks on Pascal's Wager as a hedge. These guys have made a profound bet that it's horseshit.

Ever since the 700 club I always thought these dudes couldn't do what they do and believe in Jesus at the same time.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Protip: if you're hurting for cash, grab the collection plate and visibly and loudly cough all over it. If nobody takes the plate within five minutes, it's legally yours.

Jan 31, 2018
Gospel prosperity is basically a cult. If America wasn't such a vulture capitalist failing state, they'd crack down on these groups.

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
I grew up catholic unfortunately, those jerks bill you monthly like they're a utility
I was under the impression that Evangelicals avoided using the term "tithe". I was raised Catholic originally so the word and it's meaning we're second nature to me but when I moved to the south, few evangelicals knew the phrase - despite donating to their church all the same.

Copeland is a grifter who preys on superstitious old people who aren't able to connect the dots between his lavish lifestyle and the tithes he grifts for.
I only knew it because of those old AD&D Gold Box games and wondering why the hell my Paladins were giving away money everytime I went into a temple.
I have genuinely never heard the word. You learn something every day. Also, if you're a Christian, then you do your thing, I respect it even if it's not my belief system. We're all in this together, so much love to you. However, Kenneth Copeland and people like him can suck my balls.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I have genuinely never heard the word. You learn something every day. Also, if you're a Christian, then you do your thing, I respect it even if it's not my belief system. We're all in this together, so much love to you. However, Kenneth Copeland and people like him can suck my balls.
I had to go to church until my mid-teens. Quite familiar, unfortunately. Copeland, like every prosperity preacher, is a cancer on society.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I was under the impression that Evangelicals avoided using the term "tithe". I was raised Catholic originally so the word and it's meaning we're second nature to me but when I moved to the south, few evangelicals knew the phrase - despite donating to their church all the same.

Copeland is a grifter who preys on superstitious old people who aren't able to connect the dots between his lavish lifestyle and the tithes he grifts for.
The evangelicals I grew up with were the worst. They used "tithe". You see, tithing 10% is what you "owe" god. If you want your multiplied blessing from god you have to go beyond the tithe and give an "offering". The offering is what god blesses and multiplies. So many guilt trip sermons on tithes and offerings, coincidentally always when the pastor seemed to be feeling financial stress. Although it was probably difficult maintaining that large ranch with all that land and so many horses. Horses aren't cheap! Especially when you don't have an actual fucking job.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
The hustle is usually on the low. Churches are tax exempt and the Bible asks for 10% tithing. It wasn't until I was an adult that I encountered "Prosperity Gospel" and how popular it is. Creflo, Joel Osteen, and other charismatic thieves preach that God will bless you with finances if you are faithful. They are doing great, therefore God has obviously blessed them, and their success gives them even more authority. "Do what I do, be like me, and God will hook you up too. Follow Him (Me!) while kicking up 10%.". They are pretty much celebrities, which brings in more followers and money.

Lmao I've never seen someone hold people's souls hostage like Creflo though. Shameless!

Prosperity gospel is some of the most fucked up shit I've ever heard of.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone just RKO these fuckers outta nowhere so we don't have to put up with their stupidity? These people should be taxed to hell and back.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
How can people trust a character like that, HAHA? Judge-of-character is at an all time low. People who are obviously bad people, liars, etc are being lauded. What the fuck is wrong with people? Look at how fake that fucker is. He's just there to steal your dumbass money. And then there is the President. Fucking hell.

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
How can people trust a character like that, HAHA? Judge-of-character is at an all time low. People who are obviously bad people, liars, etc are being lauded. What the fuck is wrong with people? Look at how fake that fucker is. He's just there to steal your dumbass money. And then there is the President. Fucking hell.

People like this:

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yep, every single one of them.

Jesus was literally against money, especially money as business, in the church....and that's all these guys chase. 🤷‍♂️
It's almost like they're hypocrites who don't believe what they actually preach.

jesusclearstemple-giselleaguilar-com-421.jpg

"My house shall be called a house of prayer, but you have made it a den of thieves!"

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
You know, if there was a real life Dexter I'd almost prefer him to go after these fucks rather than violent criminals.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Think tithe is just 10% of u income. If u out of work then obviously they get nothing??

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Tithes are supposed to be about 10% of your earnings. So if you are earning nothing they should get jack shit. These guys are just straight up thieving bastards who prey on people.

Deleted member 23381

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I honestly feel nothing towards people that buy into this shit because you'd have to be dumb as fuck to.

This man exists in the state he is because they enabled him to.