• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
This game is gorgeous. Hope to have an oled by the time it comes out.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
I dare not look at them, it was supposed to be my ringer for 2020 Fantasy League and they destroyed me!!

It looks so good though ;_;

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The fact this was made by such a small studio has me SO excited for the potential games we will see this gen.

honestly thats what worries me lol.. a small Unknown studio whose only background is doing animation in advertising? making a fully fledge game? idk man I hope i'm wrong but I feel this game while goregous looking, might fall flat

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think we can do this in real-time now with the current consoles. the fact that most of it is baked, I hope the performance is there

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if this is 4K/60FPS/HDR on PS5? I need that to see this animate at that buttery smooth frame rate

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That thread about video games that look like Pixar should have been about this game. Hot damn.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game is super pretty. I really hope it plays well too.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
This is typically the kind of game that wowed everyone at reveal with cgi quality cut scenes and amazing art direction, but it definitely look cross gen i think.
And yet, still... it'll probably look friggin amazing on PS5 with perfect IQ.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
honestly thats what worries me lol.. a small Unknown studio whose only background is doing animation in advertising? making a fully fledge game? idk man I hope i'm wrong but I feel this game while goregous looking, might fall flat
These comments always sound weird to me, companies have to start somewhere no?

kitler53

Oct 15, 2020
These comments always sound weird to me, companies have to start somewhere no?
of course. but how many start out with something this well polished and fun on their first try?

I want to compare this to journey but that game company first had to create flow and then flower before churning out a gem like journey.

I fear I will end up comparing this to rime. I was just as excited about that game when revealed but then it turned out to be a turd.

I not saying this will be a turd. I'm only saying I wouldn't dare buy this until I read a few reviews.

hoping for the best but prepared for the worst.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This looks SOOO nice. I'm getting BG&E vibes from it...the proper BG&E...not that open world shitty looking thing they're making now.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the game is as good as it looks, because hot damn does it look good.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
of course. but how many start out with something this well polished and fun on their first try?

I want to compare this to journey but that game company first had to create flow and then flower before churning out a gem like journey.
journey wasn't thatgamecompany's first game, that would be 'flow'

Apr 24, 2018
This was the game that really drew my attention at the first major PS5 (games) reveal. I will eventually get a PS5 (not in a rush) and will grab a copy of Kena then, unless it reviews exceptionally poorly. Really hope that it turns out well - those images were stunning and the game seems to have so much potential and incredibly cool to see a small team put out something that looks like this. After Hollow Knight, the sky's the limit as far as I'm concerned for what a small team can produce.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in this game for 2 reasons:
1) It looks damn good
2) The lead developers are people of color. Represent!!

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018

before nintendo make videogames, they make playing cards and open love hotels :P

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The fact this was made by such a small studio has me SO excited for the potential games we will see this gen.

I don't understand what you are seeing that's making you say this it looks incredible to me
And I don't understand what you're seeing that's making you say it looks incredible.

It looks like a tech demo (so far), and that's about it.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
This game looks so good! This plus Ratchet & Clank were the two games that sold me on getting a PS5 day one. I was a little bummed that Kena didn't make launch (either), but hopefully the extra time in the oven will give Ember time to make it as awesome as it looks.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is a game I want to buy. Not on 'day 1' though. I quit doing that.
First 6 months!