• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was extremely excited for it until I found out it was digital only at launch.

Waiting for it to be released physically.

trajon

Dec 5, 2017
Personally, I don't know why, but I can't shake the feeling this game has been overhyped and is going to be a huge letdown/not what was advertised.

Thus, I am planning to wait and see how reviews/impressions turn out and will most decide from there.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if the gameplay will be as exciting as the visuals (it looks beautiful), but I'm most definitely intersted. Won't pick it up at launch though because I'll be busy with Lost Judgment.

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
Not sure. So far I'm very interested, but I'm waiting for reviews from journalists with similar tastes in games.

If they like it, I'll probably buy it digital and double dip when if comes out physical.

If the physical release date is announced not too far off, I'll wait for the physical regardless.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Reviews will make or break this game for me as far as launch purchase or wait til sale.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I just tossed down a pre-order which I never do for a digital game. I was hoping to pick up a physical copy but it looks like that's not in the plans yet unless it sells enough so hopefully me pre-ordering helps that a bit. The graphics and art style are amazing though. Here's to hoping it turns out well.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I've been interested since I saw the first trailer, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to get a PS5 in the near future. I was hoping to wait and get this until then, but I might just have to get it for the PS4.

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
Very interested. If the review are horrible I'll skip otherwise I'll buy it for sure. Shortly after release cause I don't think I'll be done with Tales of Arise.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Kena and R&C were the two games I got a PS5 for, so yeah, it's on my radar. I'm probably going to wait for reviews though. I don't know anything about this studio's prior work.

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
Was initially extremely interested, but as I learned more my excitement kind of waned. Now realizing how short it is, I'm worried that it may be far more shallow than I expected.

Will be keeping an eye out though.

iamsirjoshua

Oct 28, 2017
I understand the need for delays, but unfortunately they pushed it too far past other release dates and it is no longer rising to the top the same way it would have earlier in the summer. Will likely play it eventually, but I don't think it will be at launch.

CATM

Banned
Apr 20, 2021
Yes, have had it pre-ordered for a while now. Also pre-ordered deathloop last week.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Way too many people equating game length for game depth when they have nothing to do with each other. Not to mention that a deep game isn't even necessarily a great thing, games don't all have to be like that to be enjoyable.

I have a lot on my plate but I'll pick this up before the year's out.

Bitterman

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Always looked shallow and bland to me apart from the art style and some cutesy aesthetics. The fact that it's barely 10 hours ensures that it gets bought in a sale ( from EGS ughhh) if at all.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
Man, they have not advertised this game at all. Feels like I've seen nothing about it since its reveal over a year ago, and it's out in like 2 weeks.

ivalice

Banned
Sep 3, 2021
It's a wait for (deep) sale for me. Between Deathloop, Lost Judgement, Metroid Dread next month and already not really having the time for those, I can't justify it. Plus money is tighter than usual.

It's a shame, because I'd like to champion shorter games.

Kazer

Oct 27, 2017
Not at launch. I'll probably still be playing Tales of Arise and Metroid Dread is pretty soon after.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Was extremely excited for it until I found out it was digital only at launch.

Waiting for it to be released physically.
Yes.

Speaking of "picking it up," I wanted to support the developer and go all out by buying a collector's edition of this game. I guess I will get the deluxe edition since it's the digital equivalent of a collector's even though it isn't the same.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
I held on to this avatar since the reveal, I'm sure I'll be happy with the game. But then again I don't complain much and like to see the positivity in things.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
I want it. Got Arise now, and Judgement will be bought in 2 weeks, and those are priority, but I will find time for this eventually.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably grab it day one and shelve it for a few months later, like I just did with Life Is Strange. I'm gonna have a ton of new shit to play this winter when I rarely leave the crib lol

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I will admit, I did find Kena's absence in the showcase very weird...
I would have taken a Kena trailer vs yet another Deathloop by far.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, if it's good.

My prediction, based on nothing, is that it will be a pretty, friendly, decent enough game, but nothing special. But I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
I mean, if it's good.

My prediction, based on nothing, is that it will be a pretty, friendly, decent enough game, but nothing special. But I hope to be pleasantly surprised.
same here. it reminds me of one those games we get at console launches that's OK, people get excited because some aspects of it look real good compared to what we're used to, but is ultimately Fine and forgotten quickly afterwards. I don't particularly think the graphics are anything special but I do like the art direction and theme of the game, I hope it succeeds because it looks friendly and fun. But I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be an Eternal Ring type situation where mild hype becomes a game that people completely forget a year later.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
No. Looks shallow, simplistic, and lacking in content/length. Will wait for reviews and possibly pick it up once it drops in price.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I'm intrigued, definitely, but I have to see how the gameplay shakes out. I can't help but feel like it'll be one of those "gorgeous but extremely shallow" games with high 60s/low 70s metacritic score for some reason.

AvianAviator

â–² Legend â–²
Jun 23, 2021
I've got too much in the backlog already, can't get it day 1. But I look forward to getting my hands on it one day. Pretty excited to see the reviews

Edit: Put me in the "waiting for a physical version" camp, too

Last edited: