• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As a black 12yr old kid in London listening to Hip-Hop & Jungle, Firestarter completely changed everything I ever thought about music. Words literally cannot express how fundamental that shit was to me.

Iconic. Rest well.
Yep. Though, I'm black in the US. I felt like the only black kid on this slate of land that heard of them.

I never looked at music the same way after hearing them. They introduced me to the British sound.

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
RIP.

Didn't expect to see the name again so soon and under such circumstances. Sunday I was watching the Guy Martin Pikes Peak run and a piece of trivia was that the bike used had a frame built by Martek and only two were made, Guy Martin's and the other that was originally owned by Keith.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Awful news, I love The Prodigy and they just released an album a few months ago and Timebomb Zone was one of the better tracks of all 2018 for me. That scene in the 90s was so drug influenced and booze influenced.... I know he was cleaned up from all of that but the "rockstar lifestyle" can take its toll. Not my place to speculate anything though, just know that music was insane. So much good tracks all around.

Easily those guys are among one of my favorite bands and they are so big for the EDM scene, they were up their as pioneers of the infamous Euro electronica scene of the 90's. Music still holds up today.

Flint had such a crazy look, his stage prescence was great and he was HUGE for the band's success. Poster boy of songs like Breathe and Firestarter. His energy was something else.

I don't know how the two other guys can carry forth The Prodigy. Don't think anyone can replace Keith Flint's presence.

What a bummer to hear.

Last edited:

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
Really depressing that all the lead singers of the bands I used to enjoy in the 90s are all dying. I loved the Fat of the Land album but never followed them after that album though.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Awful news, I love The Prodigy and they just released an album a few months ago and Timebomb Zone was one of the better tracks of all 2018 for me. That scene in the 90s was so drug influenced and booze influenced.... I know they were cleaned up from all of that but the "rockstar lifestyle" can take its toll.

Easily those guys are among one of my favorite bands and they are so big for the EDM scene, they were up their as pioneers of the infamous Euro electronica scene of the 90's. Music still holds up today.

Flint had such a crazy look, his stage prescence was great and he was HUGE for the band's success. Poster boy of songs like Breathe and Firestarter. His energy was something else.

I don't know how the two other guys can carry forth The Prodigy. Don't think anyone can replace Keith Flint's presence.

What a bummer to hear.
Maxim with guest vocalists in the studio would be my guess OR Howlett does more instrumental focused records with occasional guest vocals like Always Outnumbered/Jilted/Experience

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Maxim with guest vocalists in the studio would be my guess OR Howlett does more instrumental focused records with occasional guest vocals like Always Outnumbered/Jilted/Experience
Yeah true. I think they can transition maybe to more instrumental, just that void is always gonna be there on stage presence. Sucks. Went right away to "3 Kilos" while at work. All day the replay button for some of these tracks, still mindblowing as ever 20 years later.

Nov 5, 2017
The Prodigy introduced me to electronica as a kid (along with Neil Voss's Tetrisphere soundtrack) and were a major factor in shaping my taste in music; The Fat of the Land was my JAM in HS. I never got to see them live.

This news is terrible. RIP Keith.

Deleted member 6733

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No Tourists is their best work since FotL. There's never a good time to go but at least he left us with a final gift. So fucking sad.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
'Diesel Power' to be cranked up next time I lift. RIP

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Gutted to hear this news. Listened to a lot of Prodigy as a younger man, with Fat of the Land and Jilted Generation being pretty great albums. Loved a lot of their recent stuff too.

RIP, Keith.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
That's a bummer. From Wipeout XL all the way until now, I've always liked Prodigy. One of the best live performances I ever saw.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Feeling regret I never saw this lineup live. It's an experience I am sure like no other.

Deleted member 16025

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely legendary band. Wipeout XL introduced a lot of Americans like me to the electronic invasion and shortly after, we began seeing Keith's face all over MTV in the Firestarter video. Very saddened to see this news.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Really sad about this.

Prodigy is probably my fav group of all time, and I just had been listening to more Experience and Jilted Generation again (didn't have the albums on my PC because I had listened to them so, so much in the 90's). Literally in the last 2 weeks I loaded em up and started listening a lot again.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Dammit, no. Prodigy helped foster my love of electronic music, and "Fat of the Land" was one of the first albums I ever bought. RIP.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Crushed. Loved their work and I was really excited to be seeing them play at a local festival in May. :(

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Keith was an icon, and for a long while everything he and the rest of the band did, was downright incredible. Bunch of my friends and I grew up with this band, and our tastes evolved with their music and style. Absolutely gutted to hear this.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
I first heard The Prodigy in WipEout 2097 on the PS1.

Never a band I was massively in to, but one that has always been about and I'd listen to. Absolutely one of those acts that bled into other the music catalogues of fans of other genres.

49 is no age.

Deleted member 4372

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The track Jerhico on Experience was my introduction to Prodigy. I am very saddened to hear this news. RIP

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fat of the Land reminds me so much of playing WoW in middle school, really a great artist. Sad to see him go.

Oct 27, 2017
Spent all day feeling a bit numbed from this.

They were the soundtrack to a lot of my life, introduced me to a lot of things and experiences over the eleven times I got to see them.

Remember buying the first album on cassette and only last week ordered the Invaders Must Die anniversary vinyl.

This one will hang heavy on me for a long time.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
A great friend of mine, who pretty much always had an impeccable taste for music introduced me to The Prodigy. It was the video for 'Everybody in the Place". I remember being absolutely overwhelmed by it, it turned my music world upside down, completely. Keith at the time was a dancer in the band (and not quite as memorable as Maxim was) but he became so much more on their later albums.

Spent all day feeling a bit numbed from this.

They were the soundtrack to a lot of my life, introduced me to a lot of things and experiences over the eleven times I got to see them.
Same for me. I've only seen them live once though, but it was simply amazing.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I remember buying "More music for the jilted generation" because I heard "Voodoo People " In the radio and thinikng it was the coolest shit ever and that's how I got hooked. I'm really sad.