• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
This news is just breaking on twitter and various British news sites..

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/mar/04/prodigy-singer-keith-flint-dies-aged-49

An Essex police spokesman confirmed that a 49-year-old man had died. "We were called to concerns for the welfare of a man at an address in Brook Hill, North End, just after 8.10am on Monday," he said.

"We attended and, sadly, a 49-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene. His next of kin have been informed. The death is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner."

and a BBC link.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-47442312

Last edited:

MCN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Well, fuck.

EDIT: I've also literally just got the joke that he called himself Firestarter because his name is Flint.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw this headline. A real shame even though I haven't been listening to Prodigy for years now, but like many others I grew up to a lot of their earlier music.

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, this is gutting - Prodigy provided the soundtrack for a sizeable chunk of my teens. Met Keith randomly in a record shop in Chelmsford in the early 2000's, nice bloke!

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Unbelievable. Haven't been listening to them actively for some time now, but I was finally going to see them live this summer and was really looking forward to it.

RIP.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Fuuuuck. He went to my secondary school and was a bit of a local hero in Essex, only lived about a 20 minute drive from me. Glad I got to see them live a while back. Wonder what happened.

PrintedCrayon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seadome
Absolutely gutted to hear this news. What a shame. May he rest in peace.

One of the most insane live performances I've ever been a part of. My parents actually got to go to some superbike event with him just a couple of years ago, said he was fantastically down to earth and a funny guy to boot.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
bz8ocpw6

RIP you legend

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
oh god damnit :E rest of forever ruined, No Tourists is one of their best stuff ever and they just announced a big tour too right?

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Gutted.

I had quite a cool encounter with him in the late 90s - I was driving home from a night out with friends and needed to get some petrol. I pulled into a service station and the only other car there was this beautiful white Ford Sierra Cosworth. After I put the fuel in I walked into the booth and Keith Flint, all dressed up in a matching white suite, with bleached white hair (the shaved "two streak" style) and he held the door open for me as I walked in. Looked like he was off out clubbing, just as I was going home. He looked cool as fuck. Acted like it too.

In fact, he WAS cool as fuck. He lived around where I grew up (and still live), I didn't speak to the fella but knew lots that had - really, really nice guy.

Also had a good interest in British motorsport, something I enjoy very much.

Sad, sad day. I bet he lived his best life though.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing the band are gonna cancel their tour, they were supposed to be on tour this year for their new album.

Really glad I got the chance to see them live, Keith had such electrifying stage presence.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Fuck me, this one hurts, I absolutely loved the Prodigy and he was always the one that stood out.

Can't believe he's gone.

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck man. I was listening to The Fat of the Land in my car a while ago. It's still great music to drive to.

RIP my dude.